Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-23-09, 06:45 AM   #1
jlourenco01

Default Need help with xorg.conf with 2 Barco projectors and a HP XW9400.

Hello,

At this time we have a workstation XW9300 with a Nvidia FX4500 graphic card and the system works just fine, see the attached xorg.conf file for current configuration details.

My intention is to upgrade the workstation to a newer one and for now I'm doing the tests with a XW9400 that has a Nvidia FX5600 card. This XW9400 works fine with 2 HP monitors but if I connect it to the Barco visualization system I can't get a full screen image. I've tried to copy the lines across the xorg.conf file from the one that is working to this newer system but the right side of the screen just won't work. I've tested several option in the monitor and device section but nothing changes, also the mouse driver needs to be changed but that one is solved.

I've red something about having to disable the EDID but still after testing with the EDID disable I can't get any image.

The Barco projectors are 2 Galaxy NH12 1080p and the screen details are:

Resolution: 1920x1080
Refresh rate: 60 Hz
Stereoscopic displays – ActiveStereo Enabled
Connection to Projector: DVI – not RGB cables, but all digital

Left hand projection Coordinates:
1920x1080 +0+0
Right hand projection Coordinates:
1920x1080 +752+0

Can you please help me with the xorg.conf file configuration in order for me to be able to use the XW9400 workstation in the visualization environment?

Both systems run RedHat 4 upd6

I'm attaching 3 xorg.conf files. The xorg.conf_fx4500 works fine with the projectors and HP XW9300 workstation. The xorg.conf_fx5600 (HP XW9400) works fine with 2 monitors but won't work with the projectors. The xorg.conf is an adptation of the first to see if I can put the XW9400 working with the projectors but won't work.

The rest of the logs are from the current xorg.conf configuration.

Best regards
Jorge Lourenço
Attached Files
File Type: zip nvidia.zip (50.2 KB, 97 views)
jlourenco01 is offline   Reply With Quote