Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > General Software

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-26-09, 04:30 PM   #1
thefunkyone
Vodka is my life !

Send a message via Yahoo to thefunkyone
Default Bitdefender IS 2010 & P2P

Anyone out there use Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and P2P programs ?

I have been trying to get utorrent and Emule to work properly but i cant for the life of me work out how to get it to work without TCP and UDP errors.... I looked in the rules listing and compared to comodo (the firewall i was using previously) it looks like one big mess... i have rules for both P2P programs to allow all protocalls, i have tried moving their rules to the top of the list... still no joy...

Im using Windows 7 Home premium, the ports are properly forwarded in the router, i have specified the forwarded ports in the programs, i have rules in the firewall to allow these programs access over all protocols (incoming and outgoing), but im still getting errors...

Anyone have any ideas ?
CPU - Intel i7 860 Motherboard - EVGA P55 SLI, Memory - 4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 CL7 GPU - XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB (Core - 640 MHz | Mem - 1.9GHz) Audio - Soundblaster X-FI Xtrememusic Hard Drives - 1) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 2) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3) Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 4) Samsung SP2504C 250GB DVD-RW - 2x Pioneer DVR-S18LBK PSU - 750W Corsair CMPSU-750TX Case - Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01
thefunkyone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-09, 09:30 AM   #2
thefunkyone
Vodka is my life !

Default Re: Bitdefender IS 2010 & P2P

Never mind, got it sorted...... eventually !

Edit: May as well share how i fixed it, incase anyone encounters the same problem and wont have to spend 2 days figuring it out...

first go into the firewall section of bitdefender 2010 and click on the "network" tab. in the "network configuration" bit of the window it will list the available network adapters. select the one that supplys your internet and change the "trust level" to "trusted local" and change "stealth mode" to "off"

in the firewall rules make sure that whatever p2p you intend to use is "allowed"

download Simple Port Forwarding and use that to configure the ports you intend to use for p2p, the program will setup whatever services and hardware firewall rules that are needed.

hope this helps anyone who had the same problems i had
CPU - Intel i7 860 Motherboard - EVGA P55 SLI, Memory - 4GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800 CL7 GPU - XFX GeForce 8800GT 512MB (Core - 640 MHz | Mem - 1.9GHz) Audio - Soundblaster X-FI Xtrememusic Hard Drives - 1) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 2) Samsung Spinpoint F3 1TB 3) Western Digital Raptor X 150GB 4) Samsung SP2504C 250GB DVD-RW - 2x Pioneer DVR-S18LBK PSU - 750W Corsair CMPSU-750TX Case - Coolermaster Stacker STC-T01
Old 12-28-09, 05:59 PM   #3
thefunkyone
Vodka is my life !

Default Re: Bitdefender IS 2010 & P2P

I take back my edit..... windows 7 is flakey at ****ing best... its networking is ****ing mental.....

Ohh one minute my ports are forwarded and working ok, next minute "ohh the ports are ****ing blocked" !!!!

Using my netbook with xp my ports are fine and functioning fine, on windows 7 its like "ugghhh im windows 7 im a ****ing spastic ugghhh your ports are blocked"

**** microsoft, **** network ports.... **** it all !!! AAAARRRGGHHHHHH !!!!