Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-29-09, 09:19 AM   #1
kirklowery

Default Dual head display problem with nouveau

I just installed Fedora 12 using the LiveCD. It discovered my nvidia Quadro FX 3000 and Samsung SyncMaster 215TW hardware with the dual monitors. In particular, it stretched the default desktop background across both screens. All was well.

Until I rebooted after the hard disk install. Then, when I logged in, the desktop background was no longer stretched across both monitors, but each monitor had its own complete copy. Everything else works right: windows can stretch across the monitors or be positioned on one or the other as one large desktop. The mouse moves freely back and forth; the desktop panel is on the left monitor only as it should be.

I've diff'ed the dmesg and Xorg.0.log outputs under the LiveCD and under the hard disk boot. There doesn't seem to be any significant difference between them. I've attached them in case they might be informative.

I know that I could just install the kmod-nvidia drivers, which is what I had with F10 on this box, but it seems that if everything JustWorks(tm) under the LiveCD, it should also after installation.

Suggestions?

Kirk
Attached Files
File Type: gz LiveCD-harddiskComparison.tar.gz (33.2 KB, 77 views)
kirklowery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-09, 12:06 PM   #2
AaronP
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: Dual head display problem with nouveau

Nouveau is not supported here. I would recommend installing the official NVIDIA driver.
AaronP is offline   Reply With Quote