Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-05-10, 02:20 PM   #73
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

User Name Posts
Sean_W 13
Redeemed 11
Drolfrawd 9
Sazar 6
nekrosoft13 6
Airbrushkid 4
DiscipleDOC 3
MikeC 2
Capt. Picard 2
six_storm 2

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:22 PM   #74
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I'm experienced with both Windows and Linux and I've used Linux for well over 10 years. I can say that Windows 7 is 'not' the most stable OS ever.

All I'm saying is; No one can come up with such statements based on 3 months of release time. Apple claim having: "The fastest web browser in the world". To me and a lot of people, that's pure arrogance.
The OS has been available, widely and freely in both alpha and beta guise for a while. The beta was an open beta and the browser has been in widespread use for ages longer than 3 months.

The stability of the beta itself was superior to most "final" release operating systems

Also, Apple can claim to have the fastest web browser, but all testing proves it is, in fact, chrome At least amongst the top 4 or 5 browsers in market share.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:27 PM   #75
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
The OS has been available, widely and freely in both alpha and beta guise for a while. The beta was an open beta and the browser has been in widespread use for ages longer than 3 months.

The stability of the beta itself was superior to most "final" release operating systems

Also, Apple can claim to have the fastest web browser, but all testing proves it is, in fact, chrome At least amongst the top 4 or 5 browsers in market share.
That's why I said "release".

Again, you're posting your opinions.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:33 PM   #76
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
User Name Posts
Sean_W 13
Redeemed 11
Drolfrawd 9
Sazar 6
nekrosoft13 6
Airbrushkid 4
DiscipleDOC 3
MikeC 2
Capt. Picard 2
six_storm 2

Well, unlike a lot of people here, I don't spam threads with off-topic useless information. I don't have many forum posted comments for one start.

Yeah so what? I disagree with most people here and have to respond back.Shhhhhh, disagreeing with people here is considered trolling.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:39 PM   #77
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
My point is; I don't go around making such sensational claims with such arrogance.
Oh, yes you do. When ever there is a thread about "Windows vs. Linux", you don't disappoint with your linux bs. Even in this thread, you talk about how much 7 has crashed on you and whatnot, but you failed to mention any negative things about linux....and there is a laundry list.

And for you to tell him to "change the title", that in and of itself is arrogance.

Shall I go on? I don't think I have to. My point is proven.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:41 PM   #78
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
That's why I said "release".

Again, you're posting your opinions.
I think when you put a lot of people's "opinions" together, it forms a relatively large sample size and is no longer simply an opinion.

Also, with regards to the whole "release" thing, it was technically released and has been publicly available for FREE for a lot of people much before 3 months ago and will be active for most through till later this year.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 02:48 PM   #79
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I'm experienced with both Windows and Linux and I've used Linux for well over 10 years. I can say that Windows 7 is 'not' the most stable OS ever.

All I'm saying is; No one can come up with such statements based on 3 months of release time. Apple claim having: "The fastest web browser in the world". To me and a lot of people, that's pure arrogance.
Windows 7 has been around for more than 3 months. I've been using it since last summer.

I've used linux for over 10 years myself. I've build my first mail server with Red Hat for a company I used to work with. I had security issues, and exchange problems out of that box for many years, and I've had experts to tell me that it was issues with linux itself--not the box that I've built.

Linux has it's moments, but it is not a good os for the desktop. For you to deny this makes you non-credible. Windows 7 is in it's baby stage of being in the public view and has sold more copies than even MS expected. I have 4 boxes in my possession that is running Windows 7, and NONE of them has EVER crashed in the 6+ months I've been running Windows 7.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:06 PM   #80
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Well, unlike a lot of people here, I don't spam threads with off-topic useless information. I don't have many forum posted comments for one start.

Yeah so what? I disagree with most people here and have to respond back.Shhhhhh, disagreeing with people here is considered trolling.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-05-10, 03:10 PM   #81
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Windows 7 has been around for more than 3 months. I've been using it since last summer.

I've used linux for over 10 years myself. I've build my first mail server with Red Hat for a company I used to work with. I had security issues, and exchange problems out of that box for many years, and I've had experts to tell me that it was issues with linux itself--not the box that I've built.

Linux has it's moments, but it is not a good os for the desktop. For you to deny this makes you non-credible. Windows 7 is in it's baby stage of being in the public view and has sold more copies than even MS expected. I have 4 boxes in my possession that is running Windows 7, and NONE of them has EVER crashed in the 6+ months I've been running Windows 7.
Again your forgot to put, in your opinion at the end in regard to "but it is not a good os for the desktop". Linux has 35% of the Netbook market which is as close the a "desktop" OS as you're going to get.

BTW, It's a little known fact that Microsoft don't make that much money from retail sales. Microsoft make their biggest amount of money by selling to OEM companies, of which they have a declining monopoly on.

Have you used Linux as your primary OS for over 10 years like me? Wow. Why is it such news that your new OS hasn't crashed? It must be a new thing for Windows then, but even based on six months is nothing. Expect a couple of service packs though.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:31 PM   #82
Drolfrawd
Registered User
 
Drolfrawd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 2,787
Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Again your forgot to put, in your opinion at the end in regard to "but it is not a good os for the desktop". Linux has 35% of the Netbook market which is as close the a "desktop" OS as you're going to get.

BTW, It's a little known fact that Microsoft don't make that much money from retail sales. Microsoft make their biggest amount of money by selling to OEM companies, of which they have a declining monopoly on.

Have you used Linux as your primary OS for over 10 years like me? Wow. Why is it such news that your new OS hasn't crashed? It must be a new thing for Windows then, but even based on six months is nothing. Expect a couple of service packs though.
Not to expect service pack is totally retarded, Windows 7 is at the beginning of it's life cycle and can only get better. BTW I have used Linux on desktop computers and off for 6 years, funny thing is I always get rid of it. I'm not saying it's crap, but it is just so much stress. Yes it has crashed on me more than once, and also terminally on occasion. I believe you are using Linux as a way of "sticking it to the man". But that's just my opinion

As a side note, who said anything about the declining OEM sales to the corporate Industry. First I have heard of it,who is Microsoft losing the market share to?
Second side note, Are you a Microsoft Hater
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:35 PM   #83
DiscipleDOC
 
DiscipleDOC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: Alabama, Planet Earth
Posts: 5,993
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Again your forgot to put, in your opinion at the end in regard to "but it is not a good os for the desktop". Linux has 35% of the Netbook market which is as close the a "desktop" OS as you're going to get.
Did you add "in my opinion" on anything that you responded to? Again, your arrogance is stinking up the place. Also, Netbook==desktop, so you logic has failed, and that's a fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
BTW, It's a little known fact that Microsoft don't make that much money from retail sales. Microsoft make their biggest amount of money by selling to OEM companies, of which they have a declining monopoly on.
Your point?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Have you used Linux as your primary OS for over 10 years like me? Wow. Why is it such news that your new OS hasn't crashed? It must be a new thing for Windows then, but even based on six months is nothing. Expect a couple of service packs though.
Actually, I did, so your assumptions are wrong...and like I've stated in previous posts (if you would take the time to read instead of responding), I choose to use Windows over Linux.

I am not going to debate with you any further. You have the gall to call others arrogant, but fail to see the arrogance and the utter disdain you have for Microsoft.

As I said in another post, Linux will NEVER have the market share that Microsoft has. For you to not be aware of that is sheer ignorance. Linux will always be a "good" os, but won't be able to touch a real os.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:38 PM   #84
Sean_W
Registered User
 
Sean_W's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Posts: 2,423
Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
Not to expect service pack is totally retarded, Windows 7 is at the beginning of it's life cycle and can only get better. BTW I have used Linux on desktop computers and off for 6 years, funny thing is I always get rid of it. I'm not saying it's crap, but it is just so much stress. Yes it has crashed on me more than once, and also terminally on occasion. I believe you are using Linux as a way of "sticking it to the man". But that's just my opinion

As a side note, who said anything about the declining OEM sales to the corporate Industry. First I have heard of it,who is Microsoft losing the market share to?
Second side note, Are you a Microsoft Hater
Just tell me this then. You made a sweeping statement by claim that; Windows 7 is the most stable OS in the world. That based on what? Arrogance or 40 years of using many other OS's?
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:56 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.