Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-05-10, 03:38 PM   #85
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Oh, and another thing: "Service packs". Are you going to sit there and lie to yourself and think that Linux do not put out "patches" for it's os? Again, you fail at pointint out why Win 7 is not the most stable OS. You're just in this thread to bash window users, and once you're caught on it, you resort to trolling.

Move on to the next topic, Sean, because this is one that you don't have a clue in.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:44 PM   #86
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
Again your forgot to put, in your opinion at the end in regard to "but it is not a good os for the desktop". Linux has 35% of the Netbook market which is as close the a "desktop" OS as you're going to get.
Here is another little known fact.

The attrition/return rates on netbooks with Linux is far higher than Microsoft OS's. People buy for the price, most don't know what the hell to do with Linux based os's. User error, yes, but the numbers don't lie.

Also, return rates on netbooks are far higher than any other client LOB.

Quote:
BTW, It's a little known fact that Microsoft don't make that much money from retail sales. Microsoft make their biggest amount of money by selling to OEM companies, of which they have a declining monopoly on.
Microsoft has a declining monopoly on this? Haven't seen it in my space, and I handle a fair amount of business.

Again I bring up TCO when referencing Linux. The TCO is the same or higher overall. Only the up-front costs may be lower.
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:45 PM   #87
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Oh, and another thing: "Service packs". Are you going to sit there and lie to yourself and think that Linux do not put out "patches" for it's os? Again, you fail at pointint out why Win 7 is not the most stable OS. You're just in this thread to bash window users, and once you're caught on it, you resort to trolling.

Move on to the next topic, Sean, because this is one that you don't have a clue in.
Sure, sure man, like you have all the experience in the world with OS's. I can speak of experience on using multiple OS's rather than make rash sweeping statements what OS is the most stable ever.

I wouldn't even say Linux is the most stable OS ever and to do so what be arrogant.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:47 PM   #88
glObalist
working as intended

iTunes is the most stable music player ever. Been using it for 3 months now without a crash.
Quote:
All MMO's are now baby-school weak. The only good MMO's make your eyes bleed and force you to eat glass. In my day we had to walk uphill in the snow 5 miles *JUST* to log in.
glObalist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:47 PM   #89
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Quote:
Just tell me this then. You made a sweeping statement by claim that; Windows 7 is the most stable OS in the world. That based on what? Arrogance or 40 years of using many other OS's?
Arrogance!No. Years of experience in the IT Industry, My own experience with it, other who I associate with, and indeed other experienced users on this forum.Problem here is you lot over on the Linux bench, Know that Microsoft have produced a winner.

Put on your "red hat", and go back to the Linux trenches , you are out of your league in here.
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 03:51 PM   #90
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Here is another little known fact.

The attrition/return rates on netbooks with Linux is far higher than Microsoft OS's. People buy for the price, most don't know what the hell to do with Linux based os's. User error, yes, but the numbers don't lie.

Also, return rates on netbooks are far higher than any other client LOB.

Microsoft has a declining monopoly on this? Haven't seen it in my space, and I handle a fair amount of business.

Again I bring up TCO when referencing Linux. The TCO is the same or higher overall. Only the up-front costs may be lower.
Are you still clinging on to that old story about Linux Netbook returns that was actually false? I bet Microsoft paid Acer and such OEMs a lot of cash for spreading that amount of FUD.

BTW. Microsoft ships Windows 7 Starter Edition with Netbooks, which is pathetic.
Old 01-05-10, 03:52 PM   #91
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Sure, sure man, like you have all the experience in the world with OS's. I can speak of experience on using multiple OS's rather than make rash sweeping statements what OS is the most stable ever.

I wouldn't even say Linux is the most stable OS ever and to do so what be arrogant.
The point I've made (and is still making) is that you can not tell someone (from their experience) that they can't make the statement about 7 being the most stable. Your crashes doesn't disprove that statement, but shows your own inability to get your equipment working correctly.

There are many more people here that will agree with him, and unlike you, he's not going into a linux-made thread, and trolling there. You've trolled many windows thread and inputted your own brand of arrogance, but yet, you [think] you are an authority on which is the most stable os.

He has the right to do so, just like you have the right to spew the crap you do about Linux.
Old 01-05-10, 03:53 PM   #92
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by glObalist View Post
iTunes is the most stable music player ever. Been using it for 3 months now without a crash.
Same here. I've been using it sin last January and I'm loving it.

Old 01-05-10, 03:55 PM   #93
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Are you still clinging on to that old story about Linux Netbook returns that was actually false? I bet Microsoft paid Acer and such OEMs a lot of cash for spreading that amount of FUD.

BTW. Microsoft ships Windows 7 Starter Edition with Netbooks, which is pathetic.
Again you offer your opinion without the customary "In my opinion" as you so emphatically insisted others should use. I guess your opinion is stated fact, and is all that matters.
Old 01-05-10, 03:56 PM   #94
Drolfrawd

Quote:

FFS , Now it's a conspiracy
Old 01-05-10, 03:57 PM   #95
Drolfrawd

Quote:
The point I've made (and is still making) is that you can not tell someone (from their experience) that they can't make the statement about 7 being the most stable. Your crashes doesn't disprove that statement, but shows your own inability to get your equipment working correctly.

There are many more people here that will agree with him, and unlike you, he's not going into a linux-made thread, and trolling there. You've trolled many windows thread and inputted your own brand of arrogance, but yet, you [think] you are an authority on which is the most stable os.

He has the right to do so, just like you have the right to spew the crap you do about Linux.
Thanks for your support DD
Old 01-05-10, 04:00 PM   #96
Sean_W

Quote:

Excuse me DOC. I've never made such claims that Linux is the most stable OS ever or such claims near that. Linux is just another OS example because, guess what? It's no small secret that Windows is not the only OS with stability or the only OS in fact.

Anyway. Good luck with your most stable OS in the world and enjoy it while it lasts.