Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows 7

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-05-10, 06:22 PM   #109
DiscipleDOC

Default Re: The most stable operating system ever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
You realize that in this one thread, we've sort of hinted to people that we may have actual jobs

How depressing
I gotz to git paid

DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:22 PM   #110
Sean_W

Quote:
Apple OS can only be installed by Apple on hardware it designates, for example, regardless of if the hardware someone else has allows usage of said software.

That is, I would think, a monopoly and anti-competitive.
That maybe but the simple fact is that Apple own both the hardware and the software, they can do with it what they like. Now if Apple had a 90% desktop share, it might be a different matter.

Psystar failed to do this with with Apple in a court, so that saying something.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:23 PM   #111
Drolfrawd

Send a message via MSN to Drolfrawd

Sean type the following words into your google browser and see what comes up you may be surprised:- "windows 7 the best operating system ever".

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._the_ways.html

Above is pcwords opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ystem-yet.html

The Daily Telegraphs opinion.

Have a go yourself , there are loads.

Most corners of the Industry agree with me. Windows 7 is the best operating system ever.
(for desktops)
Drolfrawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:24 PM   #112
Drolfrawd

Quote:
You realize that in this one thread, we've sort of hinted to people that we may have actual jobs

How depressing
sadly i need to pay the rent
Old 01-05-10, 06:30 PM   #113
Drolfrawd

You might want to read this over on the Linux forum.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=143131
Old 01-05-10, 06:30 PM   #114
Sean_W

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drolfrawd View Post
Sean type the following words into your google browser ans see what comes up yuou may be surprised:- "windows 7 the best operating system ever".

http://www.pcworld.com/businesscente..._the_ways.html

Above is pcwords opinion.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technolog...ystem-yet.html

The Daily Telegraphs opinion.

Have a go yourself , there are loads.

Most corners of the Industry agree with me. Windows 7 is the best operating system ever.
(for desktops)
I'm in awe at your links and facts. Guess what? They WILL say that. Windows is the only competing OS in the desktop market.

Quote:
It is too early to measure Windows 7 against most of the factors I listed, but I do think given time it could emerge as the best version of Windows and maybe even the best operating system
Now that's someone with a bit of sense.
Old 01-05-10, 06:36 PM   #115
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
I'm in awe at your links and facts. Guess what? They WILL say that. Windows is the only competing OS in the desktop market.
Are you suffering from dementia or something? You're making about as much sense as a linux geek saying that the PC Gaming market is dying. Oh, that's right...you DID say that.

Anyway, since you want to selectively skip over my posts and not respond, I will take it that you concede and that you have nothing meaningful to add to the topic (just like you do every time you can't muster a single fact to your claims), and ignore you with the garbage you spew about your glorified 486x l33t machine...
Old 01-05-10, 06:40 PM   #116
Drolfrawd

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Are you suffering from dementia or something? You're making about as much sense as a linux geek saying that the PC Gaming market is dying. Oh, that's right...you DID say that.

Anyway, since you want to selectively skip over my posts and not respond, I will take it that you concede and that you have nothing meaningful to add to the topic (just like you do every time you can't muster a single fact to your claims), and ignore you with the garbage you spew about your glorified 486x l33t machine...:rofl

Old 01-05-10, 06:41 PM   #117
Sean_W

DOC. The Windows gaming market is dying. That's why people keep turning to bittottrent and game developers are moving to other platforms. PC sales are sharply down.

You guys are in denial. Sticking with each other doesn't make your bull**** truth or the fact you're a mod. Drolfrawd needs you to back him up. There is nothing like being backed up by a mod to make you think you're right.
Old 01-05-10, 06:46 PM   #118
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
That maybe but the simple fact is that Apple own both the hardware and the software, they can do with it what they like. Now if Apple had a 90% desktop share, it might be a different matter.

Psystar failed to do this with with Apple in a court, so that saying something.
Microsoft owns it's operating system, and the software it makes. And yet it is forced to appease 3'rd party vendors.

Apple owns it's operating system, and yet I don't see it being forced to appease 3'rd party vendors.

Microsoft dominates in the overall IT industry in terms of software, undoubtedly. But in the "macintosh" business, there is most definitely a monopoly. Psystar's legal defense was idiotic by the way. They went looking for a loophole instead of attacking the viability of the exclusivity clauses that Apple maintains, essentially locking out other vendors.

Oh and point of fact, Apple does NOT own the hardware. It is not proprietary. They simply lock it down to their "own hardware" so to speak. Monopolistic and anti-competitive? I sure as hell think so, don't you?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-10, 06:48 PM   #119
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
DOC. The Windows gaming market is dying. That's why people keep turning to bittottrent and game developers are moving to other platforms. PC sales are sharply down.

You guys are in denial. Sticking with each other doesn't make your bull**** truth or the fact you're a mod. Drolfrawd needs you to back him up. There is nothing like being backed up by a mod to make you think you're right.
You keep jumping from topic to topic hoping that you can hit the target. Heck, even a clock is right at least twice a day...but you seem to can't get it right once, can you..?

Ok, let's do it your way. Show me one shred of proof that the PC gaming market is dead. Prove me wrong.

EDIT: And as far as "sticking with each other", I would be the first to say that I'm wrong about anything. It's about being a real man. Pride will be the one that will always make you go from point to point to point without the first clue to proving any of those points. I've been in the tech business many years, and I can make the statement about Win 7 being the most stable without the second thought, but because Microsoft's name is attached to Win 7, you absolutely hate the idea.
Old 01-05-10, 06:49 PM   #120
Drolfrawd

Quote:

The mod Doc didn't start the thread............. I did, and the truth is 7 is the best desktop operating system out there. Prove me wrong, or go back to the trenches and figure why you are sticking with Linux. I mean you can Buy 7 for 150 for pro version. End the stress you call Linux and have some fun. Move over to our bench we will welcome you. (maybe)