Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-12-10, 06:59 PM   #13
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Star Trek Online Beta Impressions

WOW... I love it.

Let me qualify that by saying I am a Star Trek fanboy.

Anyway, I love the game, especially space combat, but also the ground stuff. I have never really got into an MMO before and I assume most of this stuff is basic, but it seems to be fairly smooth and polished. Honestly it controls and plays just like Dragon Age, though you have to initialize basic attacks as well as special ones.

It's nice that you have the space stuff, then beam down... it really feels like a Star Trek mission. It's all combat focused which hardcore trekkers probably won't like, but as a single focused aspect of trek it is done well.

I am overjoyed, it has some bugs (I got kicked at the end, then got the map is full thing again) but I love the game.

Yay.

(Still wish it was singleplayer).
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 12:00 AM   #14
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by muffinman57 View Post
You just need to have a free account, not be a subscriber. Client is downloading via torrent. Much faster that way.
Link to torrent please....
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 10:06 AM   #15
Maverick123w

Send a message via AIM to Maverick123w

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
WOW... I love it.

Anyway, I love the game, especially space combat, but also the ground stuff. I have never really got into an MMO before and I assume most of this stuff is basic, but it seems to be fairly smooth and polished. Honestly it controls and plays just like Dragon Age, though you have to initialize basic attacks as well as special ones.

It's nice that you have the space stuff, then beam down... it really feels like a Star Trek mission. It's all combat focused which hardcore trekkers probably won't like, but as a single focused aspect of trek it is done well.

I am overjoyed, it has some bugs (I got kicked at the end, then got the map is full thing again) but I love the game.

Yay.

How is the server performance now? I'll give it another shot so long as it's not constantly rubber banding.
Maverick123w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 10:59 AM   #16
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
WOW... I love it.

Yay.

Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 12:19 PM   #17
|MaguS|

From what I have been reading its nothing more then instances... like DDO... which I so disliked. I understand instances for certain quests but not everything... just removes the whole large world feel.
Old 01-13-10, 02:32 PM   #18
CaptnStubing

I downloaded this game so my son could try it. As soon as I found out the bulk of the game play was in your ship, I lost interest in this. I'll tool around with the beta for a bit but that's as far as I'll go with this game.

I'm waiting for Star Wars like everyone else but I am really excited about Global Agenda.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/global-agenda/4763

If anyone has played the beta for Global Agenda I would like to know your thoughts on this game. PM me of course.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 02:58 PM   #19
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
I downloaded this game so my son could try it. As soon as I found out the bulk of the game play was in your ship, I lost interest in this. I'll tool around with the beta for a bit but that's as far as I'll go with this game.

I'm waiting for Star Wars like everyone else but I am really excited about Global Agenda.
http://www.gametrailers.com/game/global-agenda/4763

If anyone has played the beta for Global Agenda I would like to know your thoughts on this game. PM me of course.
I'm fairly interested in Global Agenda too, I just heard about it the other day but the videos look pretty interesting. Still SW:OR is top of my list for MMO stuff...hope it is good!
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 05:23 PM   #20
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith

I am also a big ST fanboy, and I am really enjoying this MMO. After LOTRO, this seems like another MMO I will like. But just like LOTRO i will quit when it goes retail!!!

Old 01-13-10, 08:03 PM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick123w View Post
How is the server performance now? I'll give it another shot so long as it's not constantly rubber banding.
It was better last night, they released a patch. I didn't play for long though, I was doing a Doctor Who marathon. I plan to play a lot more tonight after my girl goes to bed.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-14-10, 02:47 AM   #22
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I would love to tell you how my gaming session went tonight but the servers were down for 3-4 hours when I was trying to play and then when I eventually got on it kicked me 10 minutes later.

****ing MMOs... seriously.

Old 01-14-10, 07:36 AM   #23
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Finally got some more time with it... still like it, I went on a mission to kill some Orions and save a dying ship, played well pretty much just like a Dragon Age mission.

Bugs are minor but annoying... the most annoying thing is people with insane costumes and appearance, kind of ruins immersion.

Old 01-14-10, 11:00 AM   #24
marqmajere
GeVooForceDoo

I'm headed out to get my beta invite today. Stupid Gamestop ever called me about mine.

Desktop - Asus M3A78-CM | AMD Phenom II 965 | 4 gigs G. Skill 1066 | ATI 5850 1 gig | WD 1TB Black
| Windows7 64-bit

Laptop - m11x
marqmajere is offline   Reply With Quote