Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-09-10, 12:45 PM   #13
XMAN52373

Default UPdate

He finially got someone with a brain on the phone, they are sending him a New GTX285.
8GB DDR2 PC8500
Windows 7 U x64
XMAN52373 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 04:52 PM   #14
Inglburt

Default Re: Asus doing a screw job for a RMA

Hey XMAN52373, I finally got over here and see that you already posted for me. Thanks alot.

Yeah, I'm the guy he's talking about. I have had a couple RMAs with Asus over the years with no real problems. 1 motherboard, that the only issue was they wouldn't cross ship it, and 1 DVD drive. Both nice and fast. I'm assuming that the RMA departments are separate with different product categories. I still like their motherboards, but think I might try a different brand next time.
Truthfully, the only reason I have an Asus video card is because it was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend. (yes, she is awesome) I have owned 2 other Asus video cards, both 6800 GTs, and they both died in less than a year (combined). But Newegg did the RMAing and ended up giving me a refund so I bought an X800.
Although I have heard some bad things about BFG's RMA department, I had 2 8800GTXs and had to replace 1 and they were awesome to deal with. If I ever own an Nvidia card again, there is a better than good chance that it will be a BFG card. (See what good customer service can do Asus?)

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you if you own an Asus video card...
Inglburt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 05:44 PM   #15
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglburt View Post
Hey XMAN52373, I finally got over here and see that you already posted for me. Thanks alot.

Yeah, I'm the guy he's talking about. I have had a couple RMAs with Asus over the years with no real problems. 1 motherboard, that the only issue was they wouldn't cross ship it, and 1 DVD drive. Both nice and fast. I'm assuming that the RMA departments are separate with different product categories. I still like their motherboards, but think I might try a different brand next time.
Truthfully, the only reason I have an Asus video card is because it was a Christmas gift from my girlfriend. (yes, she is awesome) I have owned 2 other Asus video cards, both 6800 GTs, and they both died in less than a year (combined). But Newegg did the RMAing and ended up giving me a refund so I bought an X800.
Although I have heard some bad things about BFG's RMA department, I had 2 8800GTXs and had to replace 1 and they were awesome to deal with. If I ever own an Nvidia card again, there is a better than good chance that it will be a BFG card. (See what good customer service can do Asus?)

Thanks everyone, and good luck to you if you own an Asus video card...
Wow...sorry about your bad experience with Asus, I will stay away from them next time myself. I think that I'm going to start going with EVGA, because I've heard their CS department is the best.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-10, 06:53 PM   #16
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inglburt View Post
Hey................
Good to see you finally got a hold of someone with a clue, really.

WRT BFG, never had a single issue with them and have been using their products for about 5 years now.
Old 01-11-10, 01:50 PM   #17
StoNer
Ubėr Baked

BFG for nV cards and

XFX with the double warranty for ATi

Asus for motherboards since Abit abandoned us
[Display Dell S2309W 23", Samsung 933HD+ 18.5" on NeoFlex LCD Arms]

[Now Playing Star Wars The Old Republic, Tribes Ascend, League of Legends, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Super Street Fighter IV AE, DayZ]
StoNer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 10:46 PM   #18
Inglburt

I got my new card today, put it in and it works. Can't ask for too much more I suppose. One thing I noticed is that my 280 squealed like a stuck pig when it was under loads. The 285 does some, but not near as much. Wonder if the louder cards are prone to shorter life spans?

Anyway, glad I'm back up and hope this one lasts for a couple years. Thanks Asus, just wonder why it took a month.

P.S. I do like their motherboards, but I also do miss Abit. I still have an old Athlon ddr1 board running in the kid's room. Hasn't missed a beat yet.
Inglburt is offline   Reply With Quote