Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > MMORPGs

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-14-10, 03:47 PM   #25
CaptnStubing

Default Re: Star Trek Online Beta Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I would love to tell you how my gaming session went tonight but the servers were down for 3-4 hours when I was trying to play and then when I eventually got on it kicked me 10 minutes later.

****ing MMOs... seriously.
It is a BETA.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-10, 06:36 PM   #26
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
It is a BETA.
Yes, I just dislike the idea of needing to connect to a server to play at ALL. It's an issue I have with MMOs, has nothing to do with it being a beta.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 06:54 AM   #27
thunderhippo
Quadcore Vista Confusion

lifetime subscriptions are being offered.. the deal ends 1 day before release... lmao.
look me up in game: yoder
thunderhippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 06:59 AM   #28
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderhippo View Post
lifetime subscriptions are being offered.. the deal ends 1 day before release... lmao.
look me up in game: yoder
Jesus, $200+... wow. I am sort of tempted because I do love the game and love Star Trek and plan to play it off and on while it exists, but I probably would spend less than that playing it a month or two a year for however long it lasts.

Unless it lasts for over a decade like some rare MMOs.

Hmmmm.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-15-10, 07:58 AM   #29
Vardant

Eurogamer has 6k keys if anyone is interested - http://gamers.eurogamer.net/giveaways.php?id=86998
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-10, 06:20 PM   #30
muffinman57

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny C View Post
Link to torrent please....
http://www.kickasstorrents.com/star-...-t3367184.html

i used demonoid, but found that with a quick google search.. also on the pirate bay, and im sure many other torrent sites...
muffinman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-10, 06:25 AM   #31
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Man I love this game. You can set the team options to stop automatically grouping you when you an enter an instance if you want to play solo. If you desire some group action you can join one of the deep space battles, those do not involve teams, just lots of random fights (after beta will this be PVP?).

The missions are simple and repetitive, but no more so than a game like Diablo or Dragon Age really. It does not have Dragon Age's story, that is a big weakness, but the IP makes up for that (for me personally).

Lovin' the game, as I said.

Old 01-16-10, 08:59 PM   #32
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
Jesus, $200+... wow. I am sort of tempted because I do love the game and love Star Trek and plan to play it off and on while it exists, but I probably would spend less than that playing it a month or two a year for however long it lasts.

Unless it lasts for over a decade like some rare MMOs.

Hmmmm.
well u just have to ask if your going to play for over a year and a half, because its going to cost you 240ish to play for about 18 months, without discounts.

Old 01-16-10, 10:20 PM   #33
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
well u just have to ask if your going to play for over a year and a half, because its going to cost you 240ish to play for about 18 months, without discounts.
I plan to play it from start to finish, but off and on. I do not have the interest level or dedication to play it consistently for years.

I guess the question I have to ask myself is if I will play it 14 months or so total over time, breaks not included. The answer to that depends on how long the game will last... even bad MMOs seem to last a while though, look at Conan, still going. The ones that shut down quickly are ones NOBODY cares about or plays and I think the Trek IP will keep this from being one of those.

It's a gamble though, for sure.

Old 01-17-10, 05:33 AM   #34
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

Quote:
I plan to play it from start to finish, but off and on. I do not have the interest level or dedication to play it consistently for years.

I guess the question I have to ask myself is if I will play it 14 months or so total over time, breaks not included. The answer to that depends on how long the game will last... even bad MMOs seem to last a while though, look at Conan, still going. The ones that shut down quickly are ones NOBODY cares about or plays and I think the Trek IP will keep this from being one of those.

It's a gamble though, for sure.
Yea I dont think this one will fail, imo its fun and they have new neat things for an mmo in general, they dont really have any competition in sci-fi, eve has been out for years and starwars wont be out till spring next year and they dont have any info on space combat, so they have a good window and I honestly hope this game does good and keeps improving.
Old 01-17-10, 05:50 AM   #35
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Can I be Q and destroy everybody for fun?
Old 01-17-10, 04:06 PM   #36
Sgt_Pitt

im enjoying it, yep it is fun and thats what counts most in a mmo.