for a little while now, yes
muffinman57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-10, 09:06 PM   #38
skank
Smeg Head

Default Re: Star Trek Online Beta Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
The answer to that depends on how long the game will last... even bad MMOs seem to last a while though, look at Conan, still going.
Conan a bad MMO? Gosh if you think Conan is bad then there isn't any hope for this game. Unless you got your past and present tenses mixed up. Conan WAS bad. It is very good now.
Old 01-21-10, 08:50 AM   #39
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by skank View Post
Conan a bad MMO? Gosh if you think Conan is bad then there isn't any hope for this game. Unless you got your past and present tenses mixed up. Conan WAS bad. It is very good now.
I hear Conan is bad from everyone, I never played it myself because I couldn't care less about the game.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-10, 01:39 PM   #40
arioch21
Vengeful Blades

big patch released, fixed a lot of bugs and added new stuff, lvl cap removed and rest of the sectors unlocked.
Old 01-21-10, 05:38 PM   #41
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by arioch21 View Post
big patch released, fixed a lot of bugs and added new stuff, lvl cap removed and rest of the sectors unlocked.
It also made the UI and loading screens about 100 times better. Awesome stuff overall.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 01-21-10, 09:40 PM   #42
trivium nate

yeah its not bad but ive only done the beginning part so far
42"Vizio TV-1920x1080-1080P-120Hertz//Win 7 Ultimate(64)//XBox360-pc controller
Saitek Eclipse 2 keyboard//Razer DeathAdder Mouse//250gb-Xbox 360//160gb-PS3
trivium nate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 12:59 PM   #43
Bah!

What exactly do you guys find fun about this game?

The ground combat is some of the worst i've ever seen in an MMO. It's mind-numbingly boring and slow paced. The space combat isn't any better, and the movement and control of the ships is awful.

Seems to me the only reason to like this game would be if you have a hard-on for Star Trek, which even as a fan isn't enough for me. I've been dying for a decent Sci-Fi MMO to come out, but this isn't it.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 01:14 PM   #44
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
What exactly do you guys find fun about this game?

The ground combat is some of the worst i've ever seen in an MMO. It's mind-numbingly boring and slow paced. The space combat isn't any better, and the movement and control of the ships is awful.

Seems to me the only reason to like this game would be if you have a hard-on for Star Trek, which even as a fan isn't enough for me. I've been dying for a decent Sci-Fi MMO to come out, but this isn't it.
Boring isn't really something I can debate... you find it boring, I don't. I will call into question your complaint on the ship movement though, as I find it perfect. What is your issue with it?

And yes, I am sure my Trek fandom has a large impact on my love for the game. I said that straight off.

Old 01-22-10, 06:11 PM   #45
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Boring isn't really something I can debate... you find it boring, I don't. I will call into question your complaint on the ship movement though, as I find it perfect. What is your issue with it?

And yes, I am sure my Trek fandom has a large impact on my love for the game. I said that straight off.
As far as the boring part, I just find it too slow paced i guess. It probably has to do with the fact that phaser combat in the shows is one hit and dead and you can't really have that in an MMO. Hitting someone with a laser beam every few seconds just doesn't do anything for me. The whole thing just seems clunky compared to your typical MMO.

For the ships, I just feel like they move slow and turn like molasses. Once again it's very slow. Granted, I not a fan of space combat in general, but the few games I have liked the ships movement was much better.

In entire game IMO just needs to be sped up in general, from the speed of ground combat, to the ships, etc.

I'm actually a fan of Star Trek, not a huge fan, but big enough the the universe alone had me excited. After a couple of weeks that wore off. I guess the bigger the Star Trek fan the longer it will take but I have a feeling that it's going to happen to a lot of people after the first month or two of release.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 06:55 PM   #46
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

The combat is slow because that's Star Trek combat I think... if it was any faster I would have issues with it, honestly.

Old 01-22-10, 07:04 PM   #47
Vanzagar
Bring me Amberlamps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
As far as the boring part, I just find it too slow paced i guess. It probably has to do with the fact that phaser combat in the shows is one hit and dead and you can't really have that in an MMO. Hitting someone with a laser beam every few seconds just doesn't do anything for me. The whole thing just seems clunky compared to your typical MMO.

For the ships, I just feel like they move slow and turn like molasses. Once again it's very slow. Granted, I not a fan of space combat in general, but the few games I have liked the ships movement was much better.

In entire game IMO just needs to be sped up in general, from the speed of ground combat, to the ships, etc.

I'm actually a fan of Star Trek, not a huge fan, but big enough the the universe alone had me excited. After a couple of weeks that wore off. I guess the bigger the Star Trek fan the longer it will take but I have a feeling that it's going to happen to a lot of people after the first month or two of release.
Star Trek's never been about speed and blazing guns... suppose to be a slower paced environment where using your noggin beats brute force... I hope they keep to that and make lots of problems and situations/quest where you have think to find a solution...
Vanzagar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-10, 07:05 PM   #48
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzagar View Post
Star Trek's never been about speed and blazing guns... suppose to be a slower paced environment where using your noggin beats brute force... I hope they keep to that and make lots of problems and situations/quest where you have think to find a solution...
They better keep to it because most people I know who love the game love it because of the slower and very Trek space combat.