Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-13-10, 10:13 AM   #85
ViN86

Default Re: Gamespot's game of the year is...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
Oh, well my experience has been that there's a lot more invasions at my current level but maybe that's just due to a difference in versions. I dunno I kind of enjoy having a group of blue phantoms and obliterating black phantom invaders. While I was doing 1-3 I had a partner with some insane build who was just obliterating everything and we fended off about 5 BP invasions in a row before finishing the level (he died almost immediately during the Penetrator fight though, heheh).

1v1 I've been largely successful but like I said I believe that's due to being lucky to run into poor players. Most of them just blow their whole stamina bar smashing away at my shield and I return the favor, only they're unable to dodge or block so I just waste them.

Oh yeah my first Old Monk fight, the guy just let me kill him. I was pretty surprised.
He may have just been trying to get Black Tendency on the level.

I don't know if you have to win or not after you invade to get BT. Hunt would know.

EDIT: you need to kill them to get BT
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 12:18 PM   #86
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Yup, you need to kill them if you invade them to get black tendency. But that guy might have just been nice and let you kill him anyway.

One time when trying to play with Vin on 3-1 I set a Blue eye stone at the start of 3-1 and it made me invade a game as the monk on 3-3... I wasn't nice to the guy because I wanted that dang headpiece lol.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-10, 12:31 PM   #87
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Yup, you need to kill them if you invade them to get black tendency. But that guy might have just been nice and let you kill him anyway.

One time when trying to play with Vin on 3-1 I set a Blue eye stone at the start of 3-1 and it made me invade a game as the monk on 3-3... I wasn't nice to the guy because I wanted that dang headpiece lol.
Heh yeah I'm gonna try to grab the headpiece this time around.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-10, 11:36 PM   #88
CaptnStubing

Stupid. A super high black phantom can invade your world and wipe you out. Three of us were trying to get to the boss and some prick comes in and kills us all. We couldn't even damage him more than 10 points. I'm a lvl 40 magic royal.
CaptnStubing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-10, 08:37 AM   #89
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptnStubing View Post
Stupid. A super high black phantom can invade your world and wipe you out. Three of us were trying to get to the boss and some prick comes in and kills us all. We couldn't even damage him more than 10 points. I'm a lvl 40 magic royal.
That shouldn't happen. Any invaders or blue phantoms should be within 10 levels. What version of the game do you have, American or Chinese? If you have the American version this has been fixed. However, if you imported, you need to get up to about level 60 before they start leaving you alone. It has to do with the glitch I mentioned earlier.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote