Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-19-10, 07:29 AM   #49
Noriega
你妈妈喜欢的阴茎

Default Re: When a new gaming console is released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
mannn.... my friend got 360 Elite... I forgot already hot GTAIV plays great on prodBox. I had prodbox year ago and passed gtaiv on it.(along with some other good games)

Comparing this game to the version on pc is like heven and hell. Graphics are great. just running 1680x1050. I know its upscaled but it looks native. AND ITS ****ING playable. Not like on my pc. Man this is most detailed game ever. The attention to physics and graphics is incredible. Imo this is still most advanced game technology-wise. Not comparing it too Crysis becouse its City\jungle.

Anyway. My point is. While all games on pc can look crisper and achieve very high resolutions it costs much. I have pc which costs more than 360(and look at my sig. I have averange pc) and I can't run some games with enjoyable options\fps. On Console You just insert GTAIV disc, even install the sucker so disc doesnt spin like mad and enjoy playing with very good graphics, controls. I don't see jaggies anywhere becouse I don't seat with nose in front of display. Its just comfortable and nice.

I am pc gamer but sometimes I just wish to have 360 again(or ps3). Right now I was going to get psp but I will have to rethink that becouse 360 isnt much more.
I'm playing on similar PC on my 22" and it runs around 35FPS. E6300 2.8GHz, 8800GT 512MB and 4GB of DDR2. Res 1680x150Medium textures, high reflections, water high, textures filtering very high, distance of view and details 30. Shadows details high and 0 of shadows whatever. I have 42FPS in bench and it barely drops into 25. I'm playing on XP with 181.20 drivers ( new one's are much slower). And I have original game, I had many weird frame stuttering stuf with pirate version.
Old 01-19-10, 06:11 PM   #50
3DBrad

Lightbulb Re: When a new gaming console is released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kain View Post
...does its hardware rival top-of-the-line PCs of that time? When the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 were released, which "range" of PCs did their hardware rival at that time?

When the Xbox360 was released, there wasn't really anything in the PC market that could equate to it in terms of features. The 360's GPU (Xenon) has a lot of awesome features, like hierarchical-z based rendering which basically creates a "Mosaic" of the pixels on screen, and culls out quads that are occluded by other objects/pixels, so you save A LOT in terms of performance. Also, it features a form of hardware tesselation, GPU-based instancing, etc. and several other features which go beyond the abilities of DX9.

Also, the way the rendering pipeline is made up, shader/math instructions and texture lookups are balanced quite nicely.

That, and also it handles shader permutations quite nicely, in that you can have a lot of unique shaders in your level/game without paying a ton in memory, where's the PS3 doesn't have similar features.

As for the PS3, it's a great piece of hardware, has some nice features on the GPU-side to optimize scenes, and also has the ability to do post effects, etc. on the SPUs, but overall, the architecture isn't similar to the 360 or PC, therefore making it not too cost-effective to focus on it if you're a multiplatform game/title.
Old 01-19-10, 10:36 PM   #51
Lfctony

Default Re: When a new gaming console is released...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBrad View Post
When the Xbox360 was released, there wasn't really anything in the PC market that could equate to it in terms of features. The 360's GPU (Xenon) has a lot of awesome features, like hierarchical-z based rendering which basically creates a "Mosaic" of the pixels on screen, and culls out quads that are occluded by other objects/pixels, so you save A LOT in terms of performance. Also, it features a form of hardware tesselation, GPU-based instancing, etc. and several other features which go beyond the abilities of DX9.

Also, the way the rendering pipeline is made up, shader/math instructions and texture lookups are balanced quite nicely.

That, and also it handles shader permutations quite nicely, in that you can have a lot of unique shaders in your level/game without paying a ton in memory, where's the PS3 doesn't have similar features.

As for the PS3, it's a great piece of hardware, has some nice features on the GPU-side to optimize scenes, and also has the ability to do post effects, etc. on the SPUs, but overall, the architecture isn't similar to the 360 or PC, therefore making it not too cost-effective to focus on it if you're a multiplatform game/title.
But, but, but, Mailman2 said the 360 was using 3-year old hardware in 2005. LIAR!
Fafnir: Intel Core 2 Quad 6600@3.2Ghz|eVGA 780i SLI|PNY GTX480 |Kingston DDR667 4096MB|WD Black Caviar 500GB|Seagate SATA 250GB|Seagate SATA 200GB| Seagate SATA 160GB|OptiArc AD-7173S DVDRW|Nec 3351 DVDRW|Creative X-FI XM|LG Flatron W2261V|Logitech X-530|Thermaltake Armor|Amptac 850W SLI PSU|Logitech G9 Mouse|Xigmatek HDT S-1283 CPU Cooler|Windows 7/FW 257.21

PS2 - Wii - Xbox - Xbox360 - PSP - GC - PS3 Owner

Boycott Starforce...

Quis Custodiet Ipsos Custodes?
Lfctony is offline   Reply With Quote