Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-26-10, 12:25 PM   #289
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Default Re: Mass Effect 2 pre-order madness (save $10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Decrypting files on Steam right now... I can't friggin wait ARGHH!!!
I share your pain...20 minutes and 50% decrypted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomec
I thought the inventory was a pain to manage in ME1 but at least you had a ton of options in terms of weapons and armor and comparing them to each other.
Please...ME1 weapons were rated literally by numbers and once you had access to the Spectre gear there was no more decision to make. Streamlining useless micromanagement like that is only a bonus. And besides, the game was always a shooter-RPG hybrid. I'm glad they decided to lean more towards the shooter route in the gameplay this time.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-10, 12:36 PM   #290
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

so lame, no in game DLC download system, has to be downloaded from that social bioware site. so lame, they have a nice system in Dragon Age, why go backwards
Old 01-26-10, 03:45 PM   #291
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

GT does a great review on it, but it seems like they didn't even touch the PC version. Some thing I saw in the review that I didn't see on the PC version.

a) blurry texture reload. Yep, I just happeend to catch one..but it was indeed a texture that appeared blurry for a second and then cleared up. It was on character switching or something that the user was quickly tabbing through 3d models. This is non exhistant on any modern pc.

b) frame rate issues. I saw ALOT of slow frame rates, couldnt really tell if it was just a crappy video capture or flash video sucking (Saddly GT does not use the new accelerated flash codecs), but if thats the game on xbox, yuck.

c) crappy shadows. I was actually impressed that most of the self shadowing in the pc version was actually pretty nice, no funky fuzzy edges. xbox360 version seemed to be filled with fuzzy shadows.

Just got Grunt to join my party last night... again I really like his character. There was so many cheesy cliche personalities I could have imagined him getting once I opened the stasis tube but he turned out to be very cool.