Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-27-10, 09:46 AM   #97
fasedww
Pc Gamer

Default Re: ***Official Mass Effect 2 (PC) Thread***

Downloading from steam now
Asus X79 rampage extreme 4, i7 3930K, 47X100, 4.70 GHZ, ,16 gigs, corsair, 1600mhz, 3 MSI GTX 780's Tri SLI, gtx, Prolimatech Genesis, 2 140mm fan heastsink, Lian Li PC 80 ArmorSuit case, PCPC 1200 watt, window side panel with 120mm blowhole, SoundBlaster X-Fi Titanium HD , Asus Blueray sata dvdrw,SSD 256GB Plextor Pro,SSD Patriot Pyro 240gig,SSD Agility 4 256 , 1 300 gig raptor, 1 600 gig raptor, segate 1 gig ,Total Airhead amp, Denon AH-D2000 headphones, Dell Ultra3011, Acer HN274H 120 Hz Lcd, ,26,500 3dmark 11, Win 7 HomePrem.

Rig #2 i7 3930k 4.7GHZ. 16 gig corsair Platinum 2400MHZ, Asus P9X79 DELUXE, 2 7970's Watercooled, Koolance blocks, on 1080 nova rad. 9 fan. 655 swiftech. Cpu heatkiller block, coolgate 240mm rad, 2 fan sycthe 108cfm 655 pump,OCZ 256Gb Vertex 4 ssd, C300 256Gb ssd, Patriot pyro 240Gb ssd, 2 wd 640gig Hd, Lian Li 343 modular case. Asus BD drive, Corsair AX1200 watt, X-FI Titanium HD on Fiio , Shure SRH840 Head phones, Dell Ultra3011, Razer Black Widow Ult. BF3 Edition keyboard, Corsair Vengence M60 Mouse, 3dmark 11 16,500, win 7 homePrem.
fasedww is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:06 AM   #98
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Ok, first the good
1) story so far seems to be an improvement compared to ME
2) fights seem to be more fluid, engaging.

now the bad parts
1) Inventory system, almost completely gone, you can pick type of gun, and pick type of armor, thats it
2) custom armors (blood dragon, inferno), why can't you remove the damn helmet. Animation in bar when you ask for drink, goes through the helmet
3) 4 times I got stuck in different objects, ceiling, barricade, floor and a rock
4) Almost all types of guns use same type of ammo, same bull**** they tried in Deus Ex2
5) RPG elements almost completely gone
6) no In-game DLC download system
7) maybe a spoiler ---> Jack, come on, WTF, she was able to destroy half of the ****ing ship, blow holes in the side of steal walls, and jet in the fight she is weak and keeps dying. the Jack intro scene was a bit over exaggeration, don't you think?
8) Why does Zaeed have no conversation system? did they forget?
9) very limited amount of guns - pathetic, they turn the game into shooter and have less guns then before

Conclusion: Worst Bioware creation to this date
Old 01-27-10, 10:21 AM   #99
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
Ok, first the good
1) Inventory system, almost completely gone, you can pick type of gun, and pick type of armor, thats it
The inventory system was one of the weakest parts of the first game. Good riddance I say.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13
2) custom armors (blood dragon, inferno), why can't you remove the damn helmet. Animation in bar when you ask for drink, goes through the helmet
3) 4 times I got stuck in different objects, ceiling, barricade, floor and a rock
Yes both of these are annoying, they always had helms disappear for conversations in the first game and I've become stuck on objects a few times. However these are minor problems, a quickload fixes the "stuck" problem and you can always take your helmet off and use a different suit, since picking your own armor generally results in better bonuses anyway.

Quote:
4) Almost all types of guns use same type of ammo, same bull**** they tried in Deus Ex2
An odd complaint since guns did not use ammo at all in ME1 or ME2 and it clearly explains why in the codex entries. The clips you're using are a replacement for the overheat system of the first game (which was annoying, this is better).

Quote:
5) RPG elements almost completely gone
Huh? Which ones? Compared with the first game, all that's missing is the inventory system. What else is missing? Classes, techs, levels, all still there?

Quote:
6) no In-game DLC download system
This is nitpicking in the extreme.

Quote:
8) Why does Zaeed have no conversation system? did they forget?
Most likely because he was a rushed DLC. I agree here, I found the Zaeed DLC to be fairly pointless and he requires no effort to attain "loyal" status.

Quote:
9) very limited amount of guns - pathetic, they turn the game into shooter and have less guns then before
There's the same amount of guns as the first game, (if not more) and many shooters as well. I have no less than 20 or so different guns right now, how is that "pathetic"?

Quote:
Conclusion: Worst Bioware creation to this date
Now this is just beyond absurd. Everything bad about the first game was removed and everything good was improved. You are delusional.
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:43 AM   #100
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

nekro, grats on being the first hater, and with no solid grounds for hating it too.

One of the stations around the ship (I encountered it during the initial space station) allows you to choose how your character looks (helmet, no helmet) as well as lets you change your attire when on your ship.

DLC downloader, yea, big whoop. RPG elements, still there. Guns and their ammo type.. bull**** I have started with 5 guns, and rescently picked up a 6th alien beem weapon. ALL 6 guns use different clip types.

Funny enough I think this is biowares best game to date. Bioshock was a pretty face but as a shooter I didn't think it was anything real great. Me1 kinda blew for me, and ive expressed my opinions on Dragon Age. I didn't try their star wars action rpg games, but I was never impressed with their graphics so I shunned em.
Old 01-27-10, 10:55 AM   #101
nomec

By the way for nvidia users... I get better performance with compatibility mode 08020205: Unreal Engine 3 than I do with 0000045: AA & HDR. If you are having some slowdowns with the latter, try that one out. Not sure why it works better but it definitely does for me, on SLI GTX 275's. I literally spend 30 minutes trying out every single compatibility mode and that worked the best.
nomec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:57 AM   #102
Ninjaman09
Takin 'er easy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Funny enough I think this is biowares best game to date. Bioshock was a pretty face but as a shooter I didn't think it was anything real great. Me1 kinda blew for me, and ive expressed my opinions on Dragon Age. I didn't try their star wars action rpg games, but I was never impressed with their graphics so I shunned em.
Err, Bioware didn't make Bioshock.

Also, every game you listed is fantastic, you fail loool
CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX
Dell U2410
Ninjaman09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:58 AM   #103
Yaboze

/punches Nekro in the FACE.

Yaboze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 10:59 AM   #104
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Nekro wants every game to be more RPG, it makes sense he would hate Bioware for making ME2 more of a shooter.

And it is much more of a shooter.

The good thing is that it's an awesome shooter in a massive world with RPG elements like quests and skills and upgrades. I love RPGs, LOVE THEM, but I thought the original Mass Effect was too much of an RPG for the kind of gameplay it had... this game is a ton better in my opinion.

I do hate the helmet thing though, I want to use the Blood Dragon armor but no face in dialogue means no sale.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 01-27-10, 10:59 AM   #105
Vardant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
An odd complaint since guns did not use ammo at all in ME1 or ME2 and it clearly explains why in the codex entries. The clips you're using are a replacement for the overheat system of the first game (which was annoying, this is better).
You're really trying to tell us, that it's better to run out of bullets completely, than to wait for weapon to cooldown? Picking up those damn clips is annoying as hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninjaman09 View Post
There's the same amount of guns as the first game, (if not more) and many shooters as well. I have no less than 20 or so different guns right now, how is that "pathetic"?
More? Seriously?
2 guns, 2 SMG's, 3 sniper rifles - one only usable by Legion, 3 shotguns, 2 rifles, 5 heavy weapons. And that's it. Not to mention, there are no statistics at all.

The game is a good third person shooter, but an RPG? Not by a long shot. It feels good, when you're playing it, but it feels empty after you finish it. 80% of the time is spent on recruiting and then it takes 20 minutes to finish it. It's more like a copy of the first one, only with different people.

Mass Effect was dumbed down KotOR and this is even worse. You at least had to work on your relationships before, now everyone just becomes loyal and they do everything you say
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:00 AM   #106
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomec View Post
By the way for nvidia users... I get better performance with compatibility mode 08020205: Unreal Engine 3 than I do with 0000045: AA & HDR. If you are having some slowdowns with the latter, try that one out. Not sure why it works better but it definitely does for me, on SLI GTX 275's. I literally spend 30 minutes trying out every single compatibility mode and that worked the best.
SLI 275s? I have one 275 and with 4xAA at max settings my framerate is perfect.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:07 AM   #107
DansFace

I Loved it... nuff said

I really hope they don't change the combat for the third one. It feels just right where its at...
They could just tack on some more charater building elements skill trees etc. A 3rd person shooter RPG :P

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-10, 11:11 AM   #108
shilk

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
y is Sheppard's face glowing...like he is made out of molten or something...
It's his implants. Without going into too many spoilers, try comparing it to KoToR. The more evil (Renegade) you are, the more they show through your skin. If you go the Paragon route, it's the opposite. You can also completely cover it by getting the upgrade on the ship.
shilk is offline   Reply With Quote