Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 01-27-10, 04:20 PM   #1
mooviies

Default nVidia GTX 260M On Debian : Screen Cycling between Red,Green,Blue,White,Black

Hi,
( I Post another thread related to Nvidia Hybrid SLI on Debian, and I manage to make some things work and now my problem is no more related to that so I post another tread (this one) with a more precise title.)

Info :
I'm on a laptop, AlienWare M17x with a 64bit processor
Nvidia GTX 260M Graphic Card
Debian 5.0 Lenny amd64
I use the official nVidia driver 190.53
My kernel is the version 2.6.26-2-amd64

Well,
I search and didn't find anything about this problem... I find some people posting it on some forum but they didn't get an answer. So first problem was a total black screen. Finally a found that I had to put an option to tell the driver that my monitor is a DFP (It was detecting a CRT and that's strange on a laptop...).

Now, It seem to detect my monitor... But when X start the Screen Flash 2 times in Black, 2 times in Red, 2 times in Green, 2 times in Blue, 2 times in White, etc... Forever, like it was testing my screen or I dunno. And I hear the starting song of the welcome screen of Debian... So it seem to work but I can't see anything else then the screen flashing.

I generated a bug report and attach it to my post.

Thanks!
Attached Files
File Type: gz nvidia-bug-report.log.gz (42.8 KB, 102 views)
mooviies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-10, 08:39 PM   #2
wiresquire

Default Re: nVidia GTX 260M On Debian : Screen Cycling between Red,Green,Blue,White,Black

Last I heard, Hybrid SLI is not supported in linux at all. Having 2 cards there is possibly confusing it.

Try removing the Device1 section from your xorg.conf altogether and just getting the 260m working as device0. If that doesn't seem to work, then try making device0 the 9400.

Also, may not harm trying out some of the other driver series, eg the 195.x beta drivers...

good luck
ws

PS: Your mouse and keyboard are showing errors as they don't seem to be configured properly.
wiresquire is offline   Reply With Quote