Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Microsoft Windows XP And Vista

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 08-12-09, 10:13 AM   #1
d2thez

Default Help Slipstreaming IE8 into VistaSP2 Image

I am trying to slipstream IE8 into a VistaSP2 x64 image. I followed the step online and successfully integrate, but when I burn the files back to disc hte PC won't boot from the new disc.

Steps:

1. Download VistaSP2 x64 ISO image from technet
2. Use 7-Zip and unpack the ISO image
3. Download IE8 x64 and unpack using 7-Zip
4. Follow Microsoft directions to integrate it using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
5. It is successfully integrated
6. Burn Vista files back to DVD --or-- Using CDBurnerXP I create a new ISO buy capturing all the Vista files, and then burn that ISO to disc

No matter which way I do step 6, the PCs I have tried won't boot from the new disc I have created. Help please.

Intel QX9770 @ 3.2Ghz | Thermalright SI-128SE | MSI P35 Neo2-FR (BIOS 1.C) | eVGA GTX 570 SuperClock | OCZ Reaper 4GB PC6400 | eVGA Killer Xeno Pro | Seagate 250GB HDD (OS and Apps) | Western Digital Raptor 36GB HDD (Game Installs) | Sound Blaster X-Fi X-treme Music | Thermaltake Toughpower 700w | Silverstone Raven RV01 | Logitech G5 Rev 2.0 Laser Mouse | Gateway FHD2400 24" LCD
d2thez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-09, 09:05 PM   #2
alanon

Default Re: Help Slipstreaming IE8 into VistaSP2 Image

Have you tried burning it at a really slow speed? I have found that ISO's don't seem to boot well unless I burn them slow. I have had several different tech support people tell me the same.

I make a lot of Bart (ultimate boot cd) dvd's and I burn at a slow speed and I haven't had any problems since I've started burning at slow speeds.

I use this tool for burning ISO's:

http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm
alanon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 12:58 PM   #3
Absolution
AbsoUI

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2thez View Post
I am trying to slipstream IE8 into a VistaSP2 x64 image. I followed the step online and successfully integrate, but when I burn the files back to disc hte PC won't boot from the new disc.

Steps:

1. Download VistaSP2 x64 ISO image from technet
2. Use 7-Zip and unpack the ISO image
3. Download IE8 x64 and unpack using 7-Zip
4. Follow Microsoft directions to integrate it using the Windows Automated Installation Kit
5. It is successfully integrated
6. Burn Vista files back to DVD --or-- Using CDBurnerXP I create a new ISO buy capturing all the Vista files, and then burn that ISO to disc

No matter which way I do step 6, the PCs I have tried won't boot from the new disc I have created. Help please.
I thought SP2 comes with IE8 in it? Anyway, try using nLite (or I guess vLite). . . http://www.vlite.net/

Also, its not booting because you just dragged (drug?) the files onto a disk; there is a boot sector from the original DVD that needs to be burnt also (which isn't viewable with just windows explorer).
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-09, 01:30 PM   #4
d2thez

I would guess the boot sector is the problem. Is there a way for me to extract that?

And no, SP2 does not include IE8 unfortunately.

Intel QX9770 @ 3.2Ghz | Thermalright SI-128SE | MSI P35 Neo2-FR (BIOS 1.C) | eVGA GTX 570 SuperClock | OCZ Reaper 4GB PC6400 | eVGA Killer Xeno Pro | Seagate 250GB HDD (OS and Apps) | Western Digital Raptor 36GB HDD (Game Installs) | Sound Blaster X-Fi X-treme Music | Thermaltake Toughpower 700w | Silverstone Raven RV01 | Logitech G5 Rev 2.0 Laser Mouse | Gateway FHD2400 24" LCD
d2thez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-10, 09:56 AM   #5
XDanger
Whaaat?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
Also, its not booting because you just dragged (drug?) the files onto a disk
Winners use "dragged".
Old 02-14-10, 03:20 AM   #6
t3hl33td4rg0n
Dethklok Returns!

Send a message via AIM to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via MSN to t3hl33td4rg0n Send a message via Yahoo to t3hl33td4rg0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by d2thez View Post
I would guess the boot sector is the problem. Is there a way for me to extract that?

And no, SP2 does not include IE8 unfortunately.
That more than likely. The boot sector of the disc has to be added to the burning program somehow...

But I would go with Absolution's suggestion and use vLite to do the slipstreaming and burning because it will automatically include the boot reason of the disc.. Well, I know nLite does, but I'm sure vLite has the same feature,

Intel QX9650 @ 3.83GHzXFX 780ieVGA GTX 560Ti8GB GSkill DDR800Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium PCI-ESeagate 1.5TB . 4x Samsung 2TB

Quote:
Originally Posted by MowTin View Post
....it's so clear how government makes things worse not better...
t3hl33td4rg0n is offline   Reply With Quote