Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-18-10, 09:56 PM   #13
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Performance issues usually is the cause of lower resolution console games.
Seems odd since every other game is pretty much the exact opposite and Xbox has the better graphics chip and development platform. Maybe japanese developers are just stupid? Or bad? Or can't make a game without a bunch of crappy gay looking cliche anime characters?

Just sayin'.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 09:58 PM   #14
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
ouch



This is as bad as the Ghostbuster port because of how Square handled it. They lied constantly saying the versions were identical and even put out fake shots twice that were photoshoped poorly.

Heres another comparison, I think Square even had a different team port it... the translation is different...




The real question here is, does anyone actually want to play this ^. Do you really want it to "look better".
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 09:59 PM   #15
|MaguS|
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Seems odd since every other game is pretty much the exact opposite and Xbox has the better graphics chip and development platform. Maybe japanese developers are just stupid? Or bad? Or can't make a game without a bunch of crappy gay looking cliche anime characters?

Just sayin'.
Yeah, has a better graphics chip that can't churn out the best graphics on consoles...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 10:08 PM   #16
tornadog
Keeper of the Faith
 
tornadog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 1,446
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

I live in ignorant bliss of the Final Fantasy videogame series. My only exposure, albeit an unfortunate one was the animation movie that terribly sucked...my coworkers have been going on and on abt FFXIII, but I spent my money on Heavy Rain and GOW3
__________________
i7 950 @ 4.2Ghz w/ Venomous-X, Asus Sabertooth x58, 8gb DDR3 GSkill 1600Mhz,MSI N670 PE, Win 7 Ult. x64, Samsung PN50C7000, Pioneer VSX 920-K, Polk Monitor 5.0 Speakers, Bic H100 Sub
tornadog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 10:59 PM   #17
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur
 
Mr. Hunt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Location: Texas
Posts: 8,294
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
The real question here is, does anyone actually want to play this ^. Do you really want it to "look better".
Lol. Nice deflection. The 360 version looks like crap, get over it. I am not saying anything bad about the 360 because of it, because I know Bayonetta on PS3 looks like garbage when compared to the 360 version. Sometimes ports just go wrong... and take up 3 discs...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-10, 11:03 PM   #18
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen
 
NaitoSan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 4,069
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
Seems odd since every other game is pretty much the exact opposite and Xbox has the better graphics chip and development platform. Maybe japanese developers are just stupid? Or bad? Or can't make a game without a bunch of crappy gay looking cliche anime characters?

Just sayin'.
Well, in most cases XBOX 360 is a better development platform but White Engine which Final Fantasy XIII runs on was built ground up for PS2 then moved to PS3. Microsoft is kind of reason why FFXIII took so long in development because they had to figure out how to get White Engine to run on XBOX 360 hardware... so they probably experienced some issues and deadline. No wonder Square Enix decided not to build their own engine in the future and stick with Unreal Engine 3 to speed up the development as well go multi-platform with future games.

But really, it depends on games looking best on either- most ports tend to look better on XBOX 360 but PS3 certainly has some best looking games like Uncharted 2.
__________________
17-inch MacBook Pro: Unibody | Intel Core 2 T9800 @ 2.93GHz | Nvidia 9400M GT / 9600M GT 512MB GDDR3 | 320GB 7200RPM SATA | 4GB DDR3 PC1066 | Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard | Windows 7 Professional x64

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:53 AM   #19
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Well, in most cases XBOX 360 is a better development platform but White Engine which Final Fantasy XIII runs on was built ground up for PS2 then moved to PS3. Microsoft is kind of reason why FFXIII took so long in development because they had to figure out how to get White Engine to run on XBOX 360 hardware... so they probably experienced some issues and deadline. No wonder Square Enix decided not to build their own engine in the future and stick with Unreal Engine 3 to speed up the development as well go multi-platform with future games.

But really, it depends on games looking best on either- most ports tend to look better on XBOX 360 but PS3 certainly has some best looking games like Uncharted 2.
So basically, squares engine sucks.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 01:54 AM   #20
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Yeah, has a better graphics chip that can't churn out the best graphics on consoles...
That's your opinion, from a self-proclaimed sony fanboy. The reality is much different. Most 360 games look better than most PS3 games, thats fact.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-10, 01:59 AM   #21
Viral
Registered User of Women
 
Viral's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Australia
Posts: 2,523
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

The engine was built with PS3 in mind so it's no huge surprise. I still think the X360 is a more powerful platform, but I'd rather have a PS3 and PC for my two gaming systems mainly for the variety in games between the two systems.
__________________
Q9550 w/ Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme | 4GB Team Xtreme Dark 800MHz CL4 | Gigabyte X48-DS5
ASUS Radeon 5870 | 240GB OCZ Vertex 2 | 1TB WD Green Power | BenQ V2400W 24" LCD
Corsair HX-1000w | LG GGW-H20L 6x DL Blu-Ray Burner/HD-DVD Reader | Coolermaster Cosmos S

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 02:02 AM   #22
Ninja Prime
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Utah
Posts: 2,263
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Lol. Nice deflection. The 360 version looks like crap, get over it. I am not saying anything bad about the 360 because of it, because I know Bayonetta on PS3 looks like garbage when compared to the 360 version. Sometimes ports just go wrong... and take up 3 discs...
I'm not deflecting anything, I'm saying it looks like the same sh!tty game the last 7 FF games were.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 02:03 AM   #23
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 1,816
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

FF13 is quite possibly the best looking thing on ps3.. are you sure its actually using any code over from the ps2 engines? esp since I heard it was programed on the pc. Saying the 360 graphics chip is superior is a pretty large inaccuracy. The hybrid pipeline design and main cpu/3 core architecture make it fairly straight foward and easy to program for. However square is been programing for the ps2's multi chip design for many many years now. Each game looking better then the next. It is no surprise that they have a firm grasp on the PS3 and its capabilities.

This simply showes that their xbox 360 port is abit rushed, and not surprisingly so. Weve heard its been coming to ps3 for many years now, and only half way through it was suddenly revealed it will be on xbox too. That combined with the fact that FF13 was falling behind so bad that the versus development team was pulled from their project to help finish 13, I am not shocked at all that the xbox port has issues.

Good thing is this is something that can be patched later to improve graphics and performance.

As for the multiple disc...its a given... the game was made to use the expanse of blueray, and 360 is still dawdling with dvd's. blame microsoft.
__________________
_________________________________________________
Mobo: EVGA 122-ck-nf68 680i sli, CPU: C2D Quad 6600, Video: EVGA GTX 460 1gb SC, Sound: X-fi gaming, Windows 7, Antec P180b,Thermalright Ultra-120 HSF, Antec TruPower TP3-650, 4 Gigs RAM
jeffmd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 08:09 AM   #24
freaknasty
purveyor of OFN
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 10
Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

looking foward to this game!
freaknasty is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:30 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.