Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-19-10, 09:25 AM   #25
|MaguS|

Default Re: Final Fantasy XIII on X360 gimped.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
That's your opinion, from a self-proclaimed sony fanboy. The reality is much different. Most 360 games look better than most PS3 games, thats fact.
No it's pretty much the opinion of the entire game industry. No other console game in history has walked away with more awards the uncharted 2.
Old 02-19-10, 12:05 PM   #26
Sabadin

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
No it's pretty much the opinion of the entire game industry. No other console game in history has walked away with more awards the uncharted 2.
Shame it was outsold by a demo though....seriously I wouldn't be shocked if somehow the 360 version still moves more units.
Sabadin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 12:22 PM   #27
abcgamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Well, in most cases XBOX 360 is a better development platform but White Engine which Final Fantasy XIII runs on was built ground up for PS2 then moved to PS3. Microsoft is kind of reason why FFXIII took so long in development because they had to figure out how to get White Engine to run on XBOX 360 hardware... so they probably experienced some issues and deadline. No wonder Square Enix decided not to build their own engine in the future and stick with Unreal Engine 3 to speed up the development as well go multi-platform with future games.

But really, it depends on games looking best on either- most ports tend to look better on XBOX 360 but PS3 certainly has some best looking games like Uncharted 2.

There is a wrong notion among many that 360 has better graphics or multi-platform. The main reason is 360 is like mid-range PC and easy to make games where as PS3 is more complicated. I do not think there is any multi-platform games for some years now having bad graphics on PS3. 99% they are same with very little differences. I have read that Bayonetta is not same as 360 and that is mainly due to developers not doing a good job with PS3.

team ninja producer Hitoshi Hasegawa said PS3 is most powerful console
Quote:

For any developer that's been working on all of the platforms that are available today, I think they would agree that the PlayStation 3 is the most powerful system out there.
full interview here the above quote is taken from 2nd page. NGS and NGS2 are better ninja games than 360 hehe ... http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ore.php?page=1
abcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 12:27 PM   #28
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabadin View Post
Shame it was outsold by a demo though....seriously I wouldn't be shocked if somehow the 360 version still moves more units.
Um... Are you talking about the X360 version of XIII selling more then the PS3 version or talking about Uncharted 2 (which doesn't have an X360 version).

I think the PS3 version will outsell the X360 version for XIII mainly because the demographic of the respective consoles. No JRPG has sold well on the X360. No X360 JRPG has sold a million units worldwide... XIII beat that alone in Japan...
Old 02-19-10, 12:51 PM   #29
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
Um... Are you talking about the X360 version of XIII selling more then the PS3 version or talking about Uncharted 2 (which doesn't have an X360 version).

I think the PS3 version will outsell the X360 version for XIII mainly because the demographic of the respective consoles. No JRPG has sold well on the X360. No X360 JRPG has sold a million units worldwide... XIII beat that alone in Japan...
I think he meant it is sad that Gran Turismo 5 Prologue outsold Uncharted 2... and then he went nuts and said XIII on 360 would outsell the one on PS3...
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 02:50 PM   #30
Moo
*BANNNED*

You guys funny. Just get both machines and buy whatever game that looks/performs best. Of the time you spend arguing here you could have worked extra for another machine
Moo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 02:55 PM   #31
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moo View Post
You guys funny. Just get both machines and buy whatever game that looks/performs best. Of the time you spend arguing here you could have worked extra for another machine
The most funny part was that I started this thread with the intent of talking about how poorly Square developed the game as a multiplatform and how instead of admitting its a weaker port they go out and lie about it for months and release fake shots to the public.
Old 02-19-10, 03:05 PM   #32
snowmanwithahat
Snowy

It's surprising that people are actually surprised by this.

the PS3 is quite a bit more powerful than a 360... no surprise this game will look alot better on a ps3. Just like every other final fantasy game in the last decade it was designed for a playstation. They have always had a history of maxing out the system they're on and this one is no exception.... it just happens to be taht they went multi-platform and the xbox 360 has a much lower ceiling for performance.

And yes, tons of people are looking forward to this game. The Final fantasy series, and cult following is much much bigger than any xbox fanboy can appreciate. It is much bigger than Halo or any other "big" game you can think of for any system. This is the ultimate franchise in the console world when looked at in a world-wide perspective.

You don't believe me? Just wait until FFXIV comes out and eclipses the "biggest MMO" ever... WoW. The release of that game is what I'm really excited for
8gb (4x2gb) OCZ Gold DDR2-800 (5-4-4-12)
MSI+ASUS GTX 470 SLI
Dell u3011 IPS Display
HP 22" Auxiliary Monitor
256gb Western Digital Silicon Edge Blue SSD
5x2tb RAID-5 Array
750W PC P&C PSU
Windows 7 Pro 64-Bit & Ubuntu 10.04 64-bit

---Gaming Laptop---
ASUS G53JW
Core i7 740QM
16gb DDR3
Nvidia GTX 460m
1tb WD HDD
120gb Corsair SSD

Join the NvNews Folding @ Home Team
snowmanwithahat is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-19-10, 06:22 PM   #33
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

FFXIII was originally planned for PS2 until Square Enix decided it'll make more sense to release it on PS3. They went back to drawing board and make many changes with White Engine to take advantage of PS3 capabilities. Also I should note that White Engine is renamed to Crystal Tool and being used for XIII Verses and XIV.

I agree that XBOX 360 port may be rushed because Microsoft probably came in middle of development or maybe even end of development cycle so FFXIII basically got delayed until XBOX 360 port is completed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
FF13 is quite possibly the best looking thing on ps3.. are you sure its actually using any code over from the ps2 engines? esp since I heard it was programed on the pc. Saying the 360 graphics chip is superior is a pretty large inaccuracy. The hybrid pipeline design and main cpu/3 core architecture make it fairly straight foward and easy to program for. However square is been programing for the ps2's multi chip design for many many years now. Each game looking better then the next. It is no surprise that they have a firm grasp on the PS3 and its capabilities.

This simply showes that their xbox 360 port is abit rushed, and not surprisingly so. Weve heard its been coming to ps3 for many years now, and only half way through it was suddenly revealed it will be on xbox too. That combined with the fact that FF13 was falling behind so bad that the versus development team was pulled from their project to help finish 13, I am not shocked at all that the xbox port has issues.

Good thing is this is something that can be patched later to improve graphics and performance.

As for the multiple disc...its a given... the game was made to use the expanse of blueray, and 360 is still dawdling with dvd's. blame microsoft.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-10, 06:34 PM   #34
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

I didn't say XBOX 360 > PS3 in graphics let alone most powerful console. I'm saying XBOX 360 is most flexible platform to develop for. It's matter of how big budget you're willing to spend on developing... PS3 tend to be more expensive because it requires more time to develop since PS3's hardware far more complicated than XBOX 360. Say, you have 2 years of development time for both PS3 and XBOX 360. The output quality is more likely to favor XBOX 360 unless you have alot of experience with PS3 in the beginning.

PS3 is a beast that needs to be tamed. Uncharted 2 is stunning and blows everything away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abcgamer View Post
There is a wrong notion among many that 360 has better graphics or multi-platform. The main reason is 360 is like mid-range PC and easy to make games where as PS3 is more complicated. I do not think there is any multi-platform games for some years now having bad graphics on PS3. 99% they are same with very little differences. I have read that Bayonetta is not same as 360 and that is mainly due to developers not doing a good job with PS3.

team ninja producer Hitoshi Hasegawa said PS3 is most powerful console

full interview here the above quote is taken from 2nd page. NGS and NGS2 are better ninja games than 360 hehe ... http://www.gamasutra.com/view/featur...ore.php?page=1

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 02:24 PM   #35
Lyme

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowmanwithahat View Post
It's surprising that people are actually surprised by this.
Surprised no, slightly irritated sure.

Quote:
the PS3 is quite a bit more powerful than a 360... no surprise this game will look alot better on a ps3.
Not really, both consoles are quite comparable. Many cross platform developers have said as such, it is generally only those with vested interests that say otherwise.

Quote:
Just like every other final fantasy game in the last decade it was designed for a playstation. They have always had a history of maxing out the system they're on and this one is no exception.... it just happens to be taht they went multi-platform and the xbox 360 has a much lower ceiling for performance.
Interesting interpretation, I'd characterize it as they put significant development time into the ps3 version and did a shoddy port to the 360.

Quote:
And yes, tons of people are looking forward to this game. The Final fantasy series, and cult following is much much bigger than any xbox fanboy can appreciate. It is much bigger than Halo or any other "big" game you can think of for any system. This is the ultimate franchise in the console world when looked at in a world-wide perspective.
Is it bigger than Halo? By sales?

Quote:
You don't believe me? Just wait until FFXIV comes out and eclipses the "biggest MMO" ever... WoW. The release of that game is what I'm really excited for
WoW has a membership base of 10+ million (not including China), while FF has a large fan base I'm doubtful it will eclipse WoW. We can check sales numbers after the release.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-10, 04:38 PM   #36
|MaguS|

sigh... im agreeing with Lyme. Im gonna go stick my head in a microwave.