Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-21-10, 10:52 PM   #97
Rollo

Default Re: Nvidia may be in trouble according to this article

Heh, you and I think alike Darth Beavis. (and I was getting laid 20 minutes ago and your post made me think about it again- bodacious!)

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 10:53 PM   #98
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
What guys like you and Shadow forget is that this is not a sporting event where we're cheering for teams.

Why would any sane persons ego be hurt? Why would any sane person think "ATi has been kicking their ass"?

Heh- if anything ATi is HELPING my ass. If NVIDIA didn't have any competition, I doubt they'd have bother with a focus group, and I wouldn't get the review samples to give my impression of. They'd just sell whatever they make, and we'd all have to buy it, because there would be nothing else.

Honestly,given the obviously high regard you have for Nvidia,i get the impression they could release anything and you'd state it's the greatest thing on planet earth,regardless if the competition is actually better and released their products earlier.

Being in a focus group primarily means viewing things objectively,and call it like it is.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 10:56 PM   #99
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
Honestly,given the obviously high regard you have for Nvidia,i get the impression they could release anything and you'd state it's the greatest thing on planet earth,regardless if the competition is actually better and released their products earlier.
Ah well, you're wrong about this as well. Maybe you should email Charlie for his take on the situation?

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 02-21-10, 10:57 PM   #100
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
I like playing in 3d stereo on a LARGE monitor . . .what brand GPU allows me to do that TODAY?

And your point is.....what? Playing in 3d makes NVidia better today??? PLEASE......It makes them different, not better.....duh.

I get it you like the play in 3d. But please take the green blinder glasses off and re-read my post. I'll repeat it for you......Right now as it stands ATI has the FASTEST, BEST PERFORMING, MOST EFFICIENT (power usage), MOST ECONOMICAL cards on the planet.......period.....end of story.

Remember this is coming from a guy who currently owns a GTX260 card.....check my sig. Just stating facts people, that's all.

Kapt
16GB G. Skill Ripsaw DDR3 1600MHz memory
Powercolor 5870 OC'd to 949/1255
(OC'd only when gaming of course)
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
Seagate 1TB 7200RPM SATA HD
Sony dual layer 16X DVD/CD Writer
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
HP w2408h 24" monitor running @ 1920x1200 native rez
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
kaptkarl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 11:01 PM   #101
shadow001

Quote:
Ah well, you're wrong about this as well. Maybe you should email Charlie for his take on the situation?

No need,you're quite obvious in that respect,given the content of your last several replies and coming to the aid of Fermi in all of them basically,even to the point of stating that you'd rather still have a Quad GTX295 setup over my HD5970's,despite their faster performance,DX11 compliance and in my case,being able to support up to 6 displays(3 outputs per card).

That's says plenty about your objectivity,or lack thereof...
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 11:09 PM   #102
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
lol -there are no facts yet to hang your hat on. the fact you are getting so worked up is a sign that you need some poontang bud. Unless you are a shareholder of AMD stock, who gives a rats arse? I am pretty involved with Nvidia and I am not all hot and bothered over the build up and launch like you are. well, it does mean more projects for me to do and that they will upgrade my hardware with the latest and best but it is not like a cure for cancer is being held back from being released or that a magic pill that increases breast size or penix is about to hit the market. we are talking videocards.

now if she were at your door then you would have a reason to get all worked up
you can almost see the ****pit on that fighter jet.....
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-10, 11:36 PM   #103
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
No need,you're quite obvious in that respect,given the content of your last several replies and coming to the aid of Fermi in all of them basically,even to the point of stating that you'd rather still have a Quad GTX295 setup over my HD5970's,despite their faster performance,DX11 compliance and in my case,being able to support up to 6 displays(3 outputs per card).

That's says plenty about your objectivity,or lack thereof...
How ATi fans imagine it:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/lo...e8352fa23.html

How it really is:

http://www.grapheine.com/bombaytv/gr...dc4251944.html

Rig 2:

Old 02-22-10, 12:15 AM   #104
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
What guys like you and Shadow forget is that this is not a sporting event where we're cheering for teams.

Why would any sane persons ego be hurt? Why would any sane person think "ATi has been kicking their ass"?

Heh- if anything ATi is HELPING my ass. If NVIDIA didn't have any competition, I doubt they'd have bother with a focus group, and I wouldn't get the review samples to give my impression of. They'd just sell whatever they make, and we'd all have to buy it, because there would be nothing else.

Kaptkarl- do you feel bad when NVIDIA has the fastest card on the market? Have you ever given any thought to whether that is mature or "normal"? Seems to me you must think it's a normal state of affairs to have one's ego hurt by these events that are beyond your control and largely shouldn't matter to anyone but employees of either firm, if you're assuming we would react in this way.

Something to think about Kapt- and maybe speak to a psychiatrist about. Help is available.
Funny stuff Rollo, but don't lose your day job. My point is this. Everytime someone in here posts something positive about ATI, the fanboys here all get their pantines in a wad. Oh ATI sucks.....oh thier drivers suck..........oh thier cards suck. Give me a friggin' break people. It is like thier egos are bruised or something. It's the old FORD vs. CHEVY metality. An absolutley rediculous argument. Some model years ARE BETTER than others. You win some, you lose some. All I'm saying is that ATI is winning right now, and their cards are the best RIGHT NOW....period. Just like Nvidia's 8800 series cards were THE BEST at one point. And there is no assuming here, just look at all the negative posts here in response to giving ATI some some well deserved credit. And sorry, no psychiatrist neccessary.....just calling it like I see it here.

Kapt
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit

Old 02-22-10, 01:00 AM   #105
Viral
Registered User of Women

Where did he mention Anti-AMD(or ATI) threads? BTW, calling them ATi is perfectly fine with most people, since it clarifys what product segment youre talking about. Exact same story with Alienware.

This thread is funny. What the hell happened? NV guys get all worked up over stupid obviously bias hardware article, run out of arguments, then abandon the topic to claim ATI guys are getting too worked up over hardware and need to get laid. Funny stuff guys...

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 01:09 AM   #106
Muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post
Funny stuff Rollo, but don't lose your day job. My point is this. Everytime someone in here posts something positive about ATI, the fanboys here all get their pantines in a wad. Oh ATI sucks.....oh thier drivers suck..........oh thier cards suck. Give me a friggin' break people. It is like thier egos are bruised or something. It's the old FORD vs. CHEVY metality. An absolutley rediculous argument. Some model years ARE BETTER than others. You win some, you lose some. All I'm saying is that ATI is winning right now, and their cards are the best RIGHT NOW....period. Just like Nvidia's 8800 series cards were THE BEST at one point. And there is no assuming here, just look at all the negative posts here in response to giving ATI some some well deserved credit. And sorry, no psychiatrist neccessary.....just calling it like I see it here.

Kapt
Haha, stuff Chev and Ford. Everyone knows the Hemi was the King.
Asus Rampage IV Extreme Black Edition | Intel 4930k | SS Phasechange | 16GB Corsair Platinum DDR3 1866 | Asus GTX680 x2 SLI | Corsair AX1200 Watt PSU | Lian-Li PC-8NWX | Intel 520 120Gb SSD x2 | Samsung S27A950D 27" 120Hz | HP ZR24w 24" S-IPS x3 Nvidia Surround @6000x1200 | Xonar Essence STX
Muppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-10, 08:47 AM   #107
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viral View Post
Where did he mention Anti-AMD(or ATI) threads? BTW, calling them ATi is perfectly fine with most people, since it clarifys what product segment youre talking about. Exact same story with Alienware.

This thread is funny. What the hell happened? NV guys get all worked up over stupid obviously bias hardware article, run out of arguments, then abandon the topic to claim ATI guys are getting too worked up over hardware and need to get laid. Funny stuff guys...
+1

hahaha.....
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit
Old 02-22-10, 08:49 AM   #108
kaptkarl
Carolina Panthers Rule!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muppet View Post
Haha, stuff Chev and Ford. Everyone knows the Hemi was the King.
+1

Now you're talkin'!!

Kapt
11.8 Cat drivers
650W power supply
LG 8X Blu-ray Writer