Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-23-10, 09:15 PM   #73
Rollo

Default Re: nVidia unveil at Pax East

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
This is why everyone thinks you're an arrogant douche rollo. I wish we had Chris back.
Posting that Charlie's rumors are FUD isn't "arrogant". Peace be with you, brother Ninja.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Rollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 09:19 PM   #74
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
5000 to 8000 cards worldwide on launch actually is what he said,which basically translates into no cards when you split that group up between the vendors that carry Nvidia products and spread that out between all the regions in the world...That stock isn't just for the USA you know?
Again, Charlie is a retard. He only posts FUD. The only people who believe his FUD are ATi fans who hope it's true.

Rig 2:

[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 02-23-10, 09:20 PM   #75
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
I wish we had Chris back too. And I wish you'd quit posting on forums altogether and just go back to the fetid swamp I think fanATics spring from.

Unfortunately some things really are too much to hope for and good things don't always come to those who wait.

Chris will always be gone, and in 50 years you'll still be hissing "I hear Charlie says NVIDIA's next card will be in short supply and expensive, we'd better all buy an ATi card guys!".

Actually,i emphasized the point that it's 6 months late primarily...On multiple posts in fact.

You do realise that if it doesn't blow the HD5870 out of the water,those who waited for this thing will be the blunt of many jokes in the future right?.....

Just saying....
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 09:23 PM   #76
shadow001

Quote:
Again, Charlie is a retard. He only posts FUD. The only people who believe his FUD are ATi fans who hope it's true.

And as i said before,we'll see when the time comes to buy one,it'll easily prove charlie wrong or right when we check major online stores the very first hours of the very first day the NDA is dropped.
Old 02-23-10, 10:01 PM   #77
JasonPC

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
HD 5700/5800 cards launched with 300 000 cards combined,and they still ran out of them in the first week,then it took several more weeks for a higher volumes to become available.

Hell,even my cards,which i ordered a pair when the NDA officially dropped on november 23rd,and i ordered thru NCIX,which listed 5 of them in stock,and their stock numbers are updated every hour btw.

when i started filling the order and adding my credit card and shipping details,the inventory was updated just before and those 5 were gone already,and i had to wait 2 weeks to get them(early december),and that's me pulling the trigger as soon as the NDA dropped....What little they had flew off the shelves basically.
That's not such a fair comparison because it includes the 5700s which I believe were much more plentiful than 5800s/5970. In other words that number is split up into quite a range of cards. Also don't you have 5970s? That also is a bad comparison as they are still as rare to find today as they were when there were yield issues because AMD is just not mass producing them because of the hit on profit margin with them. Again we don't know how many of these are going to be at launch but I'm willing to bet it will go a bit smoother than AMD's launch because, if nothing else, TSMC's 40nm fabrication process has had time to mature.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 10:08 PM   #78
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Take ANYTHING Rollo says with a grain of salt. He WILL lift up nV and PUT DOWN ATi any chance he gets. He is an nV forum shill...oh, excuse me...nV Focus Group member. He is PAID to do this.

He has been banned by Anandtech...TWICE.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=263851

He was caught lying about it, and also threatening people.

So, you can stop arguing with him.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
16GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 1333Mhz
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
Logitech Z-5300 5.1 THX surround sound
HANNS-G 28" LCD
ZBoard Merc Gaming Keyboard
CoolerMaster HAF-932 Full Tower Case
Windows 7 Pro x64
Shamrock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 10:13 PM   #79
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
I wish we had Chris back too. And I wish you'd quit posting on forums altogether and just go back to the fetid swamp I think fanATics spring from.

Unfortunately some things really are too much to hope for and good things don't always come to those who wait.

Chris will always be gone, and in 50 years you'll still be hissing "I hear Charlie says NVIDIA's next card will be in short supply and expensive, we'd better all buy an ATi card guys!".
WHAT!?!? You think because you are an nV shill on NVNews you can now tell people they can't post?

AMD Phenom II 955BE
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
HANNS-G 28" LCD
Windows 7 Pro x64
Old 02-23-10, 10:27 PM   #80
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
That's not such a fair comparison because it includes the 5700s which I believe were much more plentiful than 5800s/5970. In other words that number is split up into quite a range of cards. Also don't you have 5970s? That also is a bad comparison as they are still as rare to find today as they were when there were yield issues because AMD is just not mass producing them because of the hit on profit margin with them. Again we don't know how many of these are going to be at launch but I'm willing to bet it will go a bit smoother than AMD's launch because, if nothing else, TSMC's 40nm fabrication process has had time to mature.

Well put it this way,of the 300 000 cards,about 50 000 were 5850's and 5870's,not just 10 000 like the fermi rumors,mainly because the 5700 series will outsell the more expensive HD5850's and HD5870's by a large margin,so those lower end cards don't get the attention/PR promotion that the higher end ones obviously do,but they're the ones that pay the bills basically.

As for the HD5970 problems,and yes they're hard to come by in terms of seeing them on retail shelves,there's a few problems that are specific to those,such as needing cherry picked Cypress chips that can run at the speeds of an HD 5850,but only use 1.05 volts,rather than the 1.16 volts the standard ones use.

The main reason for the above is so that the card comes in just under that 300 watt TDP mark for PCI-e certification,then add the actual retail price for them,which all of them are still selling above the ATI suggested MSRP of 599$,as they're still between 650 to 700$ even after 3+ months on the market,so they're not cheap and are definitely aimed for the enthusiast market,and that market isn't even close to the largest money maker in the overall scheme of things....It's a halo product basically.

A final consideration is that card makers would rather use the GPU's and memory that would normally go towards making HD5970's,and make a pair of HD5870's instead,and make more money that way,since each card still sells for 400$ each,coming to 800$ in total,rather than the 650~700$ each HD5970 would fetch,so they mainly make just enough cards for people who pre-order HD5970's,rather than keep them piled up on store shelves.

And as for Fermi,the one thing that is sure is that even if yeilds are perfect with it,it is a chip with 3 billion transistors,so it's quite a bit larger than Cypress,so even in ideal conditions,Nvidia is getting fewer chips for every wafer than ATI is,since Cypress is quite a bit smaller than Fermi.

Old 02-23-10, 10:31 PM   #81
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shamrock View Post
Take ANYTHING Rollo says with a grain of salt. He WILL lift up nV and PUT DOWN ATi any chance he gets. He is an nV forum shill...oh, excuse me...nV Focus Group member. He is PAID to do this.

He has been banned by Anandtech...TWICE.
http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=263851

He was caught lying about it, and also threatening people.

So, you can stop arguing with him.
Oh noes! The jig is up! Now that people know that hypocrite Derek Wilson banned me for ...errr..."not regaining the trust of the community" I won't be able to...errr...post at AnandTech.

LOL

EDIT: Also good job pointing out I get free stuff from NVIDIA, for those who didn't notice it written in bold in every single post I make, or may not have noticed the 8,000,329 other times it was mentioned. What's next- going to break the news the Earth is round?

Rig 2:

Old 02-23-10, 10:43 PM   #82
AdamK47

I frequent AnandTech and remember when that happened. Permaban I believe.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-10, 11:24 PM   #83
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Dunno, are you? Are you PAID to put down ATi and lift up nV products? If not, then no...

Building PC's and painting them for nV is alot different than what Rollo is doing.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
HANNS-G 28" LCD
Windows 7 Pro x64
Old 02-23-10, 11:26 PM   #84
Shamrock
Royalty gone awry

Quote:
Oh noes! The jig is up! Now that people know that hypocrite Derek Wilson banned me for ...errr..."not regaining the trust of the community" I won't be able to...errr...post at AnandTech.

LOL

EDIT: Also good job pointing out I get free stuff from NVIDIA, for those who didn't notice it written in bold in every single post I make, or may not have noticed the 8,000,329 other times it was mentioned. What's next- going to break the news the Earth is round?
What hypocritical thing did he do? He reserved the right to revoke your account at anytime, if you didn't calm down...you didn't you were banned.

I have signatures turned off, so...your edit sucks. I'm juss' sayin'.

Aside from the fact nV just made an announcement that they were making an announcement...I'm done.

AMD Phenom II 955BE
Sapphire Radeon HD 7850
HANNS-G 28" LCD
Windows 7 Pro x64