Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-27-10, 01:48 PM   #61
mojoman0
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: California
Posts: 3,566
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Hitler rants about IGN 8.9 score:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pnRdVZZkcI

I found this hilarious...could be the coffee!
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 02:23 PM   #62
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

i pre-ordered from Steam but i couldn't wait awesome SP sofar, just excellent! way better than MW2 SP imo ... i really cant wait till the 4th to dive into MP!

sofar i give it an 8/10. however i have only played for an hour sofar. go to go, need to play some more haha.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 02:26 PM   #63
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i pre-ordered from Steam but i couldn't wait awesome SP sofar, just excellent! way better than MW2 SP imo ... i really cant wait till the 4th to dive into MP!
Dude. That's warez/pirate/violation of end user license agreement talk, whther you've paid for a copy or not. What you obtained isn't yours, and was obtained without licensed permission. We don't have that here.

I guess over at the EA forum that's fine, but not here.
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 02:36 PM   #64
Burnt_Ram
Registered User
 
Burnt_Ram's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2003
Location: Kelowna, B.C.
Posts: 2,092
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
Dude. That's warez/pirate/violation of end user license agreement talk, whther you've paid for a copy or not. What you obtained isn't yours, and was obtained without licensed permission. We don't have that here.

I guess over at the EA forum that's fine, but not here.
sorry dude, but its not like im the only one playing it, but your right i should have known better than to post about it even if i do own a copy come the 4th! i'm just so damn pumped right now again my appologies.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 10:13 PM   #65
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
sorry dude, but its not like im the only one playing it, but your right i should have known better than to post about it even if i do own a copy come the 4th! i'm just so damn pumped right now again my appologies.
It contributes to piracy stats that companies use to evaluate the problem, as well as leeching to real pirates.

Why can't you just have some simple fu^#ing patience is my question.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 10:26 PM   #66
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

I've done quite a bit of reading of people's posts about why they think that it's okay to "try before they buy" in this way.

Some now say that pirating is the only way left for PC gamers to insure that they get a quality product.

Some say the developers really don't care if their title is pirated or not, and seem to cite personal (in-person, LAN party) experiences with the developers actually provide the resources to obtain an illegal copy.

Some utilise their sense of entitlement to justify their actions, thinking that if they already ordered the game, then they should be able to play any copy. They slip past analogies and con themselves into unrighteousness.

Look, this game HAS leaked. There are videos and screenshots available off-site. If that's your persuasion, then go for it. Don't bring it here.

If we need to talk more about piracy, start a new thread about it, where we may be able to discuss the finer points of all sides of the argument. Don't clog up this one though. This is about a possibly great game that releases in a few days, that a lot of people are paying for, that a lot of people will enjoy.

Let's keep it about the game, while honoring MikeC's site ethics.
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 10:59 PM   #67
K007
 
K007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Australia, Sydney
Posts: 9,406
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

The review never talks about how amazing the sound quality in this game, far better than MW. It is also looks good as well.
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 11:01 PM   #68
ragejg
nV News Alumni
 
ragejg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Finger Lakes of Hell, NY
Posts: 5,399
Send a message via AIM to ragejg
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

An Audiophile's Guide to BF:BC2

Added to OP.
__________________

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU


______________________________________________
Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch


ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 02-27-10, 11:04 PM   #69
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 3,948
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
I've done quite a bit of reading of people's posts about why they think that it's okay to "try before they buy" in this way.

Some now say that pirating is the only way left for PC gamers to insure that they get a quality product.

Some say the developers really don't care if their title is pirated or not, and seem to cite personal (in-person, LAN party) experiences with the developers actually provide the resources to obtain an illegal copy.

Some utilise their sense of entitlement to justify their actions, thinking that if they already ordered the game, then they should be able to play any copy. They slip past analogies and con themselves into unrighteousness.

Look, this game HAS leaked. There are videos and screenshots available off-site. If that's your persuasion, then go for it. Don't bring it here.

If we need to talk more about piracy, start a new thread about it, where we may be able to discuss the finer points of all sides of the argument. Don't clog up this one though. This is about a possibly great game that releases in a few days, that a lot of people are paying for, that a lot of people will enjoy.

Let's keep it about the game, while honoring MikeC's site ethics.


I just want to say this about the whole situation. I had no intention of buying this game, absolutely NONE! I played the MP beta and I hated the MP beta, I mean with a passion.

Fast forward post leak.

I just pre-ordered it on Steam. +1 sale EA/DICE.

There should ALWAYS be a demo. The lack of demos before a game launches just shows the lack of confidence in these game developers - or - they don't want you too see what a POS their game is before you buy it.
__________________
i7-2600k @ 4.6Ghz, Zotac GTX 680 (1310/7000), 16GB DDR3 1600, 2 x 1TB Samsung F3 RAID 0, Windows 7 x64, CPU and GPU custom watercooled

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-10, 11:54 PM   #70
bob saget
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Vancouver, originally Russia
Posts: 23,134
Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
The review never talks about how amazing the sound quality in this game, far better than MW. It is also looks good as well.
once, there was a bug where a light tank got blown up, but it's wheels stayed in perfect formation. Anyways, when you walked by it, you could hear the engine so clearly, and when you walked around, it transferred perfectly to my headphones. good stuff.
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 12:07 AM   #71
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragejg View Post
Look, this game HAS leaked. There are videos and screenshots available off-site. If that's your persuasion, then go for it. Don't bring it here.
No, don't go for it. Pirating in this way should be DESPISED, people who do it should be called out as impatient thieves. That is the point.

Go to a fan forum for almost anything but video games and people who admit to these things are bashed endlessly and forced to leave. Video game forum? People are like "shhh, do what you have to do, but keep quiet."

Ridiculous. It is killing our format, KILLING it. It should be reviled, it should be despised, it should be said at every freaking opportunity "dude that is not cool, here is why, stop what you are doing, the community does not accept this."

Why it is not like that on video game forums I have NO idea. All these people doing this crap also complain about DRM, about console ports, about no patches, and THEY are contributing to ALL of that.

Annoys me to no end.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-10, 12:09 AM   #72
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me
 
NarcissistZero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Tampa, FL
Posts: 8,033
Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Official Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
I just want to say this about the whole situation. I had no intention of buying this game, absolutely NONE! I played the MP beta and I hated the MP beta, I mean with a passion.

Fast forward post leak.

I just pre-ordered it on Steam. +1 sale EA/DICE.

There should ALWAYS be a demo. The lack of demos before a game launches just shows the lack of confidence in these game developers - or - they don't want you too see what a POS their game is before you buy it.
I'm glad you're buying the game but the fact is games with demos get pirated as much or more than games without demos, it has not much at all to do with it. The core fact is that a lot of people want things for free and a lot of people have no patience to wait and see, or wait for release, or wait for impressions.

The simple fact is there are endless walkthrough videos of the game in singleplayer, endless reviews, endless player feedback. You did not need to steal the game to see what it was like, you should not be on those sites, in the know of that sort of thing in the first place.
__________________
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.