Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-10, 07:26 AM   #97
lee63
Classified

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Yeah... this is starting to get out of hand, lets get back on topic please
Old 03-01-10, 08:02 AM   #98
Vardant

Default Re: I know nobody really knows but is a GTX480 going to be faster then a HD5970

Here's something new - http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=22654
Old 03-01-10, 08:33 AM   #99
Iruwen

http://www.pcgameshardware.de/aid,70...fikkarte/News/
Short: labeled GF100 375 A3 (one of the lower end Fermis, A3 revision), Supersonic-Sled-Demo without FSAA and some stuttering, small version costs 300€-400€ ($400-$550), high-end version 500€-600€ ($700-$800).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Recommendations for GTX 295 and GTX 285 have been 680W and 550W, which makes a TDP of ~250W for the GTX 480.
Old 03-01-10, 09:08 AM   #100
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revs View Post
Wow, another thread ruined by pointless, errelevent bickering. Nice one guys!

Hey just look at the title of it - why ask a question you already answered yourself?
Old 03-01-10, 11:14 AM   #101
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by XMAN52373 View Post
It implies nothing other than the fcat it comes with a driver. Do a search for ATI OpenCL certified driver, nada. Not so for Nvidia. Again, CERTIFIED. ATI can't certify the driver, the group behind OCL does and they haven't done it yet. ATI submitted a driver back in November and it stil hasn't come back yet as CERTIFIED. They seem to move slower than a snail going up hill in the winter in a stream of molasses.
It's integrated with the SDK itself as the last link i posted shows,and this was stated by an ATI representative directly.

The SDK has both a beta and what they call production version of the driver within the SDK,but it seems to you to see the driver seperately from the SDK,and if it's really an official one,or still beta right?

Fire off an Email to ATI support and you'll get an answer for sure....It's really that simple.
Old 03-01-10, 11:26 AM   #102
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
Ah. So as the person who likely accounts for more posts than anyone else in the GF100 forum on the NVIDIA fan site, who just happens to be using $1200 - $1400 worth of ATi cards, and had $1200-$1400 worth of ATi last gen cards, is one of very, very few people on the forums with a costly EyeFinity rig, and spends his time in the GF100 forum posting FUD from Charlie or love letters to ATi, you thought I was "crazy" having it cross my mind you might be an ATi viral marketer?

And that it is even more suspicious you'd spend some hours after the request for receipts trying maintain your charade but you still wouldn't post the receipts?

What's the matter? The guy with $2000+ worth of graphics equipment doesn't have a digital camera, or know how to hit the "prt sc" key? Uh huh.

You're right, it's outside the realm of possibility you're a viral marketer. You could have just posted the receipts in less time than it took you to make the many posts saying you wouldn't.

EDIT:
Hey! You're an old pro at posting FUD for ATi! LOVE your comments about the 2900XTX "monster" <snicker>

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...ht=2900&page=2

LOL,you're getting desperate,searching for a last straw argument that has nothing to do wiith the topic at hand,showing my bills on what i buy is nothing of your ****ing business or anyone elses either for that matter....I showed tons of benchmarks on another thread not that long ago,from my own Photobucket account,and that's enough proof.

As for that thread,and if you read it carefully,which i'm sure you didn't,the main reason why i waited for the card isn't out of loyalty in the least.....It's having bought an Nvidia 7950 GX2 about 4 months before the 8800GTX cards were released,i received about 2 driver updates if you don't include the driver that ships with the card,and then driver support fell off a cliff for 8 solid months there afterwards,as i was using Windows XP 64bit.

I paid 750$ for that card and got **** support driver wise,and say what you will about ATI,they have final non beta drivers released every month,even if you don't own the lastest and greatest card they currently make....**** me over like that an expect that i contiinue being a nice little sheep and support your company and keep on buying your products....I'm not that much of an idiot thanks.

It's no wonder you've already been banned from other forums given your replies so far.
Old 03-01-10, 11:29 AM   #103
shadow001

Quote:

Colorfull are a tier 1 partner???....Never heard of them before.
Old 03-01-10, 11:34 AM   #104
AdamK47

Quote:
42A for a single card... so can 60A for two in SLI cut it?

Old 03-01-10, 11:45 AM   #105
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
42A for a single card... so can 60A for two in SLI cut it?

Seems to indicate that the minimum requirement is 42 amps on the 12v line for the whole system,so that comes to just over 500 watts(504 watts to be exact) for the 12V line,and add that the cards do indeed have a 6 pin+ 8 pin PCI-e power connectors,that can be anywhere from 225 to 300 watts for the card alone.

Aim for a 750~800 watt power supply for an SLI setup if no overclocking is planned on both the cards and CPU,if you are,go for higher end power supplies basically.

60 amps is 720 watts for the 12 volt line,so that might be cutting it too close for SLI setups,as there's still the CPU,motherboard,ram and more to power up.
Old 03-01-10, 12:15 PM   #106
Enrico_be

http://translate.google.com/translat...ml&sl=nl&tl=en

"The systems run a playable version of Super Sonic Rocketsled demo that Nvidia in January on a system with three-GF100 cards in SLI mode demonstrated. The computers at the Cebit contain only one single Geforce card."

You know what I'm thinking ... I'm thinking the GTX 480 is a monstercard !
Old 03-01-10, 01:26 PM   #107
Rollo

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow001 View Post
LOL,you're getting desperate,searching for a last straw argument that has nothing to do wiith the topic at hand,showing my bills on what i buy is nothing of your ****ing business or anyone elses either for that matter....I showed tons of benchmarks on another thread not that long ago,from my own Photobucket account,and that's enough proof.

As for that thread,and if you read it carefully,which i'm sure you didn't,the main reason why i waited for the card isn't out of loyalty in the least.....It's having bought an Nvidia 7950 GX2 about 4 months before the 8800GTX cards were released,i received about 2 driver updates if you don't include the driver that ships with the card,and then driver support fell off a cliff for 8 solid months there afterwards,as i was using Windows XP 64bit.

I paid 750$ for that card and got **** support driver wise,and say what you will about ATI,they have final non beta drivers released every month,even if you don't own the lastest and greatest card they currently make....**** me over like that an expect that i contiinue being a nice little sheep and support your company and keep on buying your products....I'm not that much of an idiot thanks.

It's no wonder you've already been banned from other forums given your replies so far.
LOL

Outed!

I've posted lots of benchies over the years with cards given me as well, doesn't prove I bought them. As a matter of fact, in my case, a lot of them I didn't.

Whole different animal for you though isn't it High Roader? If you come clean and admit ATi gave you the hardware, it will make news across the internet.

A lot of people don't even remember when ATi hired High Road to handle their viral marketing.

Of course, you'd be banned from here instantly, and I think I may well contact Mike C. in regard to you activities here and refusal to post a copy of your receipts with name and addy blurred.

You can always tell Mike it's none of his business, but given the amount of off topic and FUD you've posted, will he leave you on the board? I wonder.

I have years of experience moderating myself, and the old saying "If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, it's probably a duck" often is true.

Rig 2:
intel 2500K + NVIDIA GTX590 + Dell 3007 WFPHC

[SIZE="1"]NVIDIA Focus Group Member
[B]NVIDIA Focus Group Members receive free software and/or hardware from NVIDIA from time to time to facilitate the evaluation of NVIDIA products. However, the opinions expressed are solely those of the Members.[/B][/SIZE]
Old 03-01-10, 02:21 PM   #108
Revs

FFS! Can't you do this through PM's, PLEASE!
Closed Thread