Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-13-10, 02:43 PM   #109
wysiwyg

Default Re: Official Assassin's Creed II Thread

i managed to get the game to run by reinstalling and skipping the update the launcher asks to install

but the game existed to the desktop as i was about to race up the church at the beginning

while it was ok, it looks great and runs smooth, i just really wish it would work without errors or crashes which a real hinderence

and i have had NO replies to my problems on the AC2 official forums :S ubisoft do not give a ****
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-10, 03:51 PM   #110
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by wysiwyg View Post

and i have had NO replies to my problems on the AC2 official forums :S ubisoft do not give a ****
companies usually don't care about forums, those type of forums usually are 95% negative anyway, why bother.
Old 03-13-10, 05:11 PM   #111
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

AC2 forums are useless in that they have too many righteous blowhards talking about the pitfalls of DRM or why Ubisoft are doing a good job with DRM - in the damn tech support threads. You can't solve anything there.

I just finished the game, overall very impressed. Much better than the original and very little repetition apart from a little toward the end. Took me about 26 hours to finish compared to 15 of the first. Still got some things to do (Assassin tombs, treasure) but its great you can just do the main story mostly.

You need to get the Codex pages though, so don't leave them until the end or it will be laborious - do bits at a time.

Ending was also a lot better

Good to see some action during the credits, and the end bits where very weird. Brings it back to sci-fi with what looks like a much more advanced race alive before humans and something that has been covered up.

I kinda got the impression the next game will be jumping around time to solve different puzzles, not sure how well that will work or if that is correct.

Old 03-13-10, 08:47 PM   #112
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

disable post effects to get rid of the vasoline blur effect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 12:22 AM   #113
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
don't agree with you, possibility of AF and AA alone make it much better.
True, but there are other drawbacks that about even it out.

I think I was just extremely frustrated with all the piracy and DRM talk when I wrote that though.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 12:28 AM   #114
Destroy

Does anyone know who are these guys(circled in red) I see running and climbing around all the time?

Best textures in the game so far.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 12:38 AM   #115
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Guys in red are pickpockets... they will steal from you if they can, then you have to hunt them down to get your money back.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-14-10, 01:09 AM   #116
Destroy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Guys in red are pickpockets... they will steal from you if they can, then you have to hunt them down to get your money back.
Yeah, the coinbag Pickpocket guys I figured out, I'm referring to the dudes in my pic. Are they just some special criminal, psychopath, what's their beef?? The Coinbag guys often have guards chasing them but these plain single chevron guys are always flying solo and they never show up on the maps.

Edit: Whopps, wrong pic. That above pic is of a Pickpocket. Looking for another proper pic....

Edit2: Found one, these guys. They look like an official of some sort.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-14-10, 01:27 AM   #117
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Oh, I think those are the officials who you kill to lower your rep. You can either tear down posters, bribe criers or kill the officials.

Old 03-14-10, 07:10 AM   #118
wysiwyg

arent they the other assassins linked in the anamus you were told about at the beginning
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 08:01 AM   #119
FearMeAll

Hey are you guys having a hard time mapping the controls with the xbox controller?? First off, the default layout is wrong! Just like with assassin's creed 1. No big deal, I fix that. But there are still 2 buttons I can't map because it will not recognize the rudders as buttons but only axis's. So I have the contextual camera and center camera not mapped. So stupid. What I'm going to have to do is use joytokey for the other two buttons. So now to play the game I have to fire up joytokey then play. WHY DO I HAVE TO DO THAT? It's an xbox port!

I'm playing on a big projection screen and I should've just grabbed the xbox version. sheesh.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 08:30 AM   #120
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Oh, I think those are the officials who you kill to lower your rep. You can either tear down posters, bribe criers or kill the officials.
+1. Those are the officials. Killed one last night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote