Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-10-10, 02:44 AM   #37
scubes

Default Re: Realistic time frame for Fermi (not happy with 5870)

i say they will charge about 450 to 550 quid and theres no way ill pay that come on a half a grand thats wot overclockers are charging for the ati 5970 these ppl need to wise up and lower the prices...
scubes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-10, 03:41 PM   #38
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Re: Realitic time frame for Fermi(not happy with 5870)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vardant View Post
Grey screen of death?
or the great Green Screen while running some h264 in DXVA
Old 03-14-10, 04:13 PM   #39
shadow001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen View Post
Must of this simply isn't true, so I won't even bother to argue about it EDITED by MUYA Less of the calling out /goading please

/e: I'm sorry. So I'll argue instead Not about the real tesselation hardware thing though Obviously it isn't hot because the GTX 470 has a worst case TDP of 225W, also this could be seen (or heard and felt) at the Cebit. Just because the fan can draw 1,8A at max load, that doesn't mean it will. All GTX 400 at the Cebit have not been loud. The GTX 280 had a 0,48A fan - so it was way more silent that a 5870? Also, this doesn't have to be the reference design, I think like the final clocks it wasn't sure at this time. Since the real world performance isn't clear yet, nobody can say how much power they will consume in relation to their performance. If they use 10 or 20W more than an ATI card than that actually isn't much and one has to keep the cards' featureset in mind. The same is true for the power supplies (don't focus on power supply recommendations but rather on how many amps are required), a GTX 285 required 40A, the 5870 requires 40A, the GTX 480 seems to require 42A so the GTX 470 will be en par with the other cards - how good or bad this is again depends on real world performance. The final clock speeds aren't even known yet.

Though on a general principle,would they design the cooling and specifically the amps used by the fan motor,if there would never be a case where a fan that powerfull wouldn't be needed?....That's the main issue,as engineeirng teams are extremely competent,and don't add things just for the fun of it.

just my 0.02 cents.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 06:40 AM   #40
Iruwen

We'll see, my guess is that that fan won't be used on the final product.
Iruwen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 12:02 AM   #41
Blacklash
8^9^3

I guess in ten more days or so the speculation will end. I'm eager to see how the 480 does.
SilverStone OP1000-E|SilverStone TJ10-B|Thermalright U-120 Extreme|Win 7 HP x64
Blacklash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 06:01 AM   #42
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"

Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard

an nvidia fan forum, full of ati fans... wow all of a sudden I don't feel like I can come here and read post without seeing an damn ati war from the little fan boys. Yes I am a fan of nvidia, but I am on what is suppose to be an nvidia site, not a graphics war. No matter who wants to argue this, nvidia is on top, its not just on top in graphics. Its looking ahead at things outside of gaming. ATI is simply behind, and it will not catch up with people who have bought one and come here to post their awful experience. If this was some long time forum member I could see, but this guy is someone who asked a simple question because clearly he didn't want to tread through hours of "Hey ATI is better" threads to find the answer, which is exactly all these threads in the GF100 Thread is.

The guy answered a question and automatically 10 ****ing ati fan boys come here telling him hes wrong, just because hes unhappy. I mean come on if I go out here and buy a damn lawn mower for instances, and it doesn't work to my satisfaction, and I take it back, is the store clerk suppose to sit there and tell me how he has one, and its perfect, and how I am wrong. NOPE I'd throw the keys in his face, and request my ****ing money back. In this case its just a bunch of people who need to grow up and except the fact that not to many have had good experiences with these ****ty ATI card's. Most I find it rather funny that some are willing to down grade to a "lower" nvidia card just to avoid having to use the crappy ATI card. Everyone keeps coming here saying "The 5870 is so much faster then the 260" well good for it, but there isn't one game out there not even ****ty Crysis, that I can't play on mine, and enjoy, because 30-40 FPS is perfectly playable for me, and the 260 does a great job at handling that FPS without dipping to low.

I've been playing Bad Company 2, maxed out at 1600 by 1050 since its released, got 8XAA and I average around 35 to 45 FPS, sometimes into the upper 50's. Even in a intense sitation, fraps never reported my game dropping below 30 FPS.

So you guys have fun sitting here being little kiddies, but just be warned, this is an nvidia fan site, and I registered here because I like nvidia, and still do. I won't be buying no ****ty ATI CARD, and yes they are ****ty in MY opinion, which is the keyword there. If you wanna open your mouth with one, then be pre-warned ima spout right back, not one thing you can say here to offend me, or even counter anything I've said. I don't care how much higher the ATI card does in games, and I damn sure could careless about DX11 till more "DX11 games" are released. ATI has ****ty drivers, and from just reading the first page of this thread, "You gotta do this, and that to get this to work", **** that, if I bought an ATI card I'd be sending that hunk of **** back, if I couldn't even play without issue.

How many of you are in a gaming clan? Probably very few that are. I have CLAN MATES, that have those ****ty cards. They are always crashing, or having some complaint about their card. One guy had was playing took a screen shot and his **** had little tears all in it, I pointed out his card was articfacting it went out a week later. I am not talking about a small clan, I am talking about a pretty good sized clan here.

Bottom line is, theres more then a few people who disagree. So fan boys go away, go on over to that Rage3d site, and RAGE about your awesome cards there.
Old 03-16-10, 08:37 AM   #43
Iruwen

Wink Re: Realistic time frame for Fermi (not happy with 5870)

Wow, that's a lot of stars in this post.

/e: http://www.fudzilla.com/content/view/18087/1/
GTX 470 ~349€
Old 03-16-10, 02:27 PM   #44
Ninja Prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gulizard View Post
Bottom line is, theres more then a few people who disagree. So fan boys go away.
I agree. GTFO fanboy. Better yet, go back to jail.
Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-17-10, 05:45 PM   #45
Dogmifier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja Prime View Post
I agree. GTFO fanboy. Better yet, go back to jail.
I don't see the need for this, although I do have to say ...

For the amount of NV hate a lot of you seem to be putting out I wonder why you bother
to come here and post when there are plenty of ATi boards around.

Seems to me you just like to 'troll' and get a rise out of people. *shrug*

Both cards have their merits and problems. I fail to see why *EITHER* side needs
to berate the other..if you enjoy ATi, more power to you. I personally prefer NV.

Edit: To be fair, the NV person who you were going after needs to tone it down too. It's not
worth getting worked up about. It would be nice to come to an NV forum and not have to deal with the nv hate though.
Dogmifier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 08:20 PM   #46
Johnny C
Passing you @ 192mph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogmifier View Post
I don't see the need for this, although I do have to say ...

For the amount of NV hate a lot of you seem to be putting out I wonder why you bother
to come here and post when there are plenty of ATi boards around.

Seems to me you just like to 'troll' and get a rise out of people. *shrug*

Both cards have their merits and problems. I fail to see why *EITHER* side needs
to berate the other..if you enjoy ATi, more power to you. I personally prefer NV.

Edit: To be fair, the NV person who you were going after needs to tone it down too. It's not
worth getting worked up about. It would be nice to come to an NV forum and not have to deal with the nv hate though.
Wow joined in Jan 2010.....

Calling long term members trolls because as technology evolved so did their selection in GPU's.

Why join another forum? That doesn't make sense at all, I joined here initially because of my Ti4600.....you might wanna google that one.

Like many others here that currently have ATi hardware, historically I've had nV based boards.....

So now ATi is on top and I bought that.....why wouldn't I continue to frequent the forums I have for 6 years?

Where the problem lies...is that some people can't accept that ATi has made a huge comeback, people are buying their Gpu's and talking about them in a positive sense....comparing them to the non-existent offerings from nV....

And when nV is on top again....in price, performance, features, and corporate ethics (I consider the disabling of hybrid physics and lying repeatedly about Fermi Sept-Jan to be unethical) I'll be buying up an EVGA something or other with an nVidia Gpu in it.

Till that Day, I'll continue to support AMD.

WTF is wrong with competition people? It's what's keeping graphics cards in the realm of "some what affordable".

This forum has gone for the ****s....since nV stopped being on top.....Fanbois just can't handle that.
Phenom II 965BE @ 3.9ghz 200X19.5 1.4625 vcore 2.8ghz NB 2.4ghz HT - Asus M4A79XTD-EVO bios 0604 - 12GB Corsair DDR3 1600 @ 1600mhz CAS 9 w/1T - XFX 6970 2GB 950/1450 - Xigmatek S1283 HSF - Antec 900 - Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Johnny C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-10, 05:29 AM   #47
Iruwen

No benchmarks at PAX.
Old 03-18-10, 05:32 AM   #48
Enrico_be

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iruwen View Post
Aaw if true :/

But hey, 29 March ... we've waited so long now I can wait that few days extra, no problem
Enrico_be is offline   Reply With Quote