Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-11-10, 05:55 PM   #13
LurkerLito

Default Re: The Playstation Move!

From the demos I saw of it a while back I can't wait to get this. I loved that sword and shield and the archery demos. I hope the pack comes with those.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 08:52 PM   #14
FearMeAll

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
The ball has to be there for the device to be as accurate as it is. It works in the same way that motion capture techology does. The ps eye tracks it to know where exactly the player is. Oh and the ball can have it's color changed. The system automatically picks a color that it doesn't see in the room.

I don't really care much for this. I didn't see anything shown off that makes me want to even purchase one. Only positive thing I can think of is that due to it's accuracy and responsivness it could provide the mouse like controls without the mouse. This system is far more advanced then the wiimote.
well I'll keep an open mind. I'm finally giving my PS3 some love, so if this thing really works I'll get one. I'll look like a douche if it's fun.
[FONT="Courier New"] HTPC: Intel Wolfdale 3ghz, 4 gigs DDR2 800 ram, 500gig HDD, Craptastic 7600GS, Windows 7 32bit, XBMC installed [/FONT] :D
[B]My Video Encoding/Office rig:[/B] [I] Intel QX9650 @ 3ghz, 1333mhz FSB, 4gigs Patriot Extreme DDR3 @ 1333mhz, XFX 790i 3-way Sli mobo, Xf-Fi Extreme Gamer, 400watt Fanless Power Supply, 9500GT 64-bit bus(ouch!), 8.750TB HDD, Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate. [B][FONT="Arial Narrow"]Everything at stock and completely boring..[/FONT][/B][/I] :type:
FearMeAll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-10, 09:19 PM   #15
Retrolock

Lol Blue Balls! err.. Ball
Old 03-15-10, 07:19 AM   #16
Ruined

Quote:
I don't really care much for this. I didn't see anything shown off that makes me want to even purchase one. Only positive thing I can think of is that due to it's accuracy and responsivness it could provide the mouse like controls without the mouse. This system is far more advanced then the wiimote.
It is more advanced than the wiimote, but it still only tracks hand motions like the wiimote - further it is still susceptible to room lighting issues due to partially relying on a regular camera.

Therefore I'd say it is still significantly behind Natal, but ahead of Wiimote. I mean, think of playing a soccer game on Natal, then playing the same game with Move/Wii... I can't imagine it being as fun on move, nor would it be as realistic or work as well.

Intel Core 2 Quad Q6700 2.66GHz CPU | Intel G965WH mobo | 8GB (4x2GB) DDR2-667mhz CAS5 RAM (1066MHz FSB) | BFG GeForce 285 GTX OC 1GB | Dell E228WFP 22" DVI-HDCP LCD Monitor | 1TB Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Main Drive | 500GBx2 Western Digital RE3 SATA2 Scratch Drives in RAID0 | Western Digital RE3 1TB SATA2 Media Drive | External 2TB Western Digital MyBook Backup Drive | Adaptec eSATA 3.0gbps PCI-E interface | Sandisk External 12-in-1 Flash Card Reader | LG GGC-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD writer | LG GGW-H20L HD DVD/BD reader, DVD/BD writer | Microsoft E4000 Ergonomic Keyboard | Logitech Trackman Wheel | Antec P182 ATX Case | Thermaltake ToughPower XT 850w modular PSU | KRK RP-8 Rokit Studio Monitors | Windows Vista Ultimate x64
Ruined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-10, 10:04 AM   #17
|MaguS|

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
It is more advanced than the wiimote, but it still only tracks hand motions like the wiimote - further it is still susceptible to room lighting issues due to partially relying on a regular camera.

Therefore I'd say it is still significantly behind Natal, but ahead of Wiimote. I mean, think of playing a soccer game on Natal, then playing the same game with Move/Wii... I can't imagine it being as fun on move, nor would it be as realistic or work as well.
It tracks more then hand motions, it also tracks position and faces to a degree. It also is not restricted by lighting of the room (mind you they had it demo'd at a convention where lighting is not very bright at all). They even showed tests with someone blocking the camera, it continued working but its precision dropped somewhat.

Natal is nothing more then a version of Move without the controllers. Sony has been doing Natal like things for years now with the Eye Toy. There have been plenty of games in the past on the PS2 that showed Natal light things. Natal only ups the precision of it all (due to using more then a single camera).

If theres one thing though is that games for Natal will have to be designed for Natal. It is going to have a resource requirement far larger then the Wiimotes and Move. Move needs less then 2MB of system ram. I mean its rumored that GT5 will use Move as an option.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzNJw...eature=related
Old 03-15-10, 11:11 AM   #18
abcgamer

Introduction to Playstaion Move. PS3. It only does everything

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/03/11/pl...system-memory/

The best thing is that it is more precise and low latency. This should make PS3 more popular now
abcgamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 05:11 PM   #19
|MaguS|

Old 03-17-10, 05:14 PM   #20
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Good gosh that is amazing lol. I loved the picture of Jack Tretton under the TV. I loved how they had the jab at Natal with the button thing in there. I am so glad they have this new ad campaign because these are commercials that I enjoy... back before these, most PS3 commercials were very lacking but Kevin Butler owns.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-19-10, 10:17 PM   #21
Lyme

I hear Sony is going to release a game where the balls start out pink, and you have to see how fast you can get them to turn blue. I'll let you imagine how.
Lyme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 12:16 PM   #22
lIqUID
whip yo ass!

its retarded

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 01:33 PM   #23
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Useless gimmick that belongs on the Wii. Natal belongs in that category too. How about releasing a new console instead of this junk?
Old 03-25-10, 03:20 AM   #24
Ninja Prime

Its amusing to me that they made fun of the Wii for the longest time, and then they release something "new and exciting!!111oneone" and its just the eyetoy with a Wii ripoff controller attached.

Then, microsoft does something actually new, and they make fun of them for some reason. "LOL, dumbasses, you should have just copied the wii like us!"

Ninja Prime is offline   Reply With Quote