Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-16-10, 05:19 AM   #2869
NuBee
NuBee

Default Re: Flight Simulator X Feedback Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by skulleader View Post
WOW,

Great and awesome screenshots NuBee, please can you tell me if you use an addon for your sky and clouds ?
FEX, REX ou just FSX ?

A great thank's in advance for your assistance.

Olivier.
Yes, REX2. By the way, I think FTX-PNW installed these 2 new dramatic weather models "Orbx Weather 5 and 6". I didn't see them before.
Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64
I'm not a signature,I'm just cleaning here
NuBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-10, 05:01 PM   #2870
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Quote:
Originally Posted by musman View Post
Anyone here use X-Plane? I'm about to re-install it any give it another shot...again. Just got another HDD so I have the room for it now (it's about 81Gb on the drive with all the scenery discs) How do you think it measures up against FSX? Personally I find X-Plane frustrating,very buggy and hard to use, but I'm going to give it another try.
Missed this the other day thought id make a reply

Much like yourself ive tryed X-Plane a few times and i agree with your sentiments its just to frustrating,i think a lot of 3rd party devs also feel this way which is why ther hasnt been the mass exodus some expected when Aces got canned,tobe its like an influx beta,major things change from revision to revision while minor but sim/addon breaking things go unfixed for ages or you have to wait for an addon dev to figure out whats been changed so they can try & fix things that will then only get broken again next revision when stuff gets changed back........Sure it does some thing that FSX doesnt (better ground handling,cloud shadows,better water reflections more autogen at less of a hit) but those dont make up for all the things that it doesnt do that FSX does (far to many to list)

One other big off put for me was the X-Plane community,who on the whole seem like a bunch of ass hats who ended up with X-plane because either they hate MS or just couldnt get FSX to run well,& just like FSX if you ask to much of it for your system specs X-plane can run like ****,maybe when they get a full team onboard and not just one guy who rules the roost i might give it another try who knows what XPX will bring

OK one more Sneaky peak beaver pic for you guys

Shes far from done but 90% of the normal mapping is finished now the last 10% is just some copy and pasting and repostioning then im onto my schemes,i havent heard from anyone else on the team for over 2 weeks so it looks like this might end up as solo project without a new flightmodel or VC,although id like to rework the VC as a later project who knows

BTW anyone plug in those momentum effect i posted about yet?
there pretty fun to play with and show just how bad some of my landings can really be!

Laters
Steve
omzig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 10:40 AM   #2871
musman
I Derail Threads

[quote=slaWter;2210474]Yeah that's the Jet d'eau in Geneva

The water is pumped with about 200km/h upright, 140m high!

Too bad it doesn't affect the plane as you fly into it lol.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 10:46 AM   #2872
musman
I Derail Threads

Quote:
Originally Posted by omzig View Post
Missed this the other day thought id make a reply

Much like yourself ive tryed X-Plane a few times and i agree with your sentiments its just to frustrating,i think a lot of 3rd party devs also feel this way which is why ther hasnt been the mass exodus some expected when Aces got canned,tobe its like an influx beta,major things change from revision to revision while minor but sim/addon breaking things go unfixed for ages or you have to wait for an addon dev to figure out whats been changed so they can try & fix things that will then only get broken again next revision when stuff gets changed back........Sure it does some thing that FSX doesnt (better ground handling,cloud shadows,better water reflections more autogen at less of a hit) but those dont make up for all the things that it doesnt do that FSX does (far to many to list)

One other big off put for me was the X-Plane community,who on the whole seem like a bunch of ass hats who ended up with X-plane because either they hate MS or just couldnt get FSX to run well,& just like FSX if you ask to much of it for your system specs X-plane can run like ****,maybe when they get a full team onboard and not just one guy who rules the roost i might give it another try who knows what XPX will bring

OK one more Sneaky peak beaver pic for you guys

Steve
There are some things (like the ones you described) that are better but I agree, it falls really short of FSX for the most part. As far as better cloud shadows,better water reflections, I think REX took care of that for the most part. REX is really nice, glad I bought it. I did install X-Plane the other day. It's 72GB on my HDD!!! Another reason FSX is better.
Antec Nine Hundred case. Core I-7 920 @ 3.56GHz, Noctua NH-U12P Cooler, EVGA 01G-P3-1180-AR GeForce GTX-285 1GB, EVGA GT-240 Superclocked 512Mb used as a Physx card, DFI LANPARTY JR X58-T3H6, OCZ Platinum 6GB (3 x 2GB) DDR3 SDRAM 1600 7-7-7-18, Intel X25-V SSD, used as a boot drive, 2X Seagate 500Gig 32MB Cache 7200RPM in RAID 0, Logitec G-15 keyboard, Logitech MX-518 Mouse, CH Combatstick 568, Xboc Controller, LG L227WTG-PF 22" LCD Monitor 1680x1050. Windows 7 Ultimate 64Bit. Speakers: KRK Rokit8 studio monitors.

http://www.realenvironmentxtreme.com/media/customer.jpg
musman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 01:22 PM   #2873
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Really looking forward to that Steve... hurry up though

Then you can get those cloud shadows going, can't be that hard, and you can beat Tim Fuchs to it

Some jawdropping shots people - not the ones below btw

SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-10, 05:04 PM   #2874
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Mark

Great shots,is that the A2A cub in shot1? ive been thinking of picking it up for a while now & ive only read good things about it,is it much of a frame hog with the auccusim stuff on?

Ive been looking at a few diffrent ways of pulling of cloud shadows for a while now & after playing with the FScloudtool in Gmax for a few hours i cant see anyway of forcing the current clouds to produce shadows,even if you could i dout it would look good due to the way that FSX's clouds are built from a load of small poly planes that are grouped together

Seems the best way to get cloud shadows would be to build cloud formations as really really slow flying aircraft and set them on AI flight paths,it would totally break current FSX weather programs but would allow for some cool stuff shadow/texture and animation wise

Crepuscular rays would be super cool in FSX though,im going to mail the guy behind the MGE program for morrowind once im done with the Beaver & who knows he might beable to adapt it for FSX,it has some really cool features that would really give FSX a nice GFX boost,stuff like being able to attach shaders to textures so you could have normal mapped rocks ground textures ect so heres hopping

btw Has anyone checked out these cool FSX flight lessons by Chris Palmer

http://vimeo.com/chrispalmer/videos/page:2/sort:newest

found out about them via a thread at avsim,well worth the watch

Laters
steve
Old 03-18-10, 05:03 AM   #2875
SJA06
Higher Than A Kite

Yes Steve its the A2A Cub and I would recommend it in a heartbeat - the frame hit, even with Accusim is minimal. It is VERY slow though, which won't appeal to all... it really is low and slow only.

Interesting about the shadows, I have read about using an ac to create them before, which sounds highly problematic... I wonder if it is possible to somehow utilise the technique used in time cycle, which changes the brightness on the ground, though I'm not sure how you could graduate it over a cell, as it does seem to be a ‘per cell’ change. Terrain also casts shadows of course, but whatever you do its not going to truly relate to what is in the sky, if the clouds were actually volumetric rather than flat I'm sure something could have been built in, or around them.

I wonder what technique Tim used in those preview shots? - he'll never tell us

Crepuscular rays are probably an easier starting point [say he who knows nothing ], and would look amazing. I took a look at some of those Morrowind vids, and am stunned by what these guys are doing to it... it does show even with an old and fairly basic engine, what can be achieved.

I must catch up on those 'Aviator90' vids, I have watched a few, but there are loads now that I have not seen - fantastic presentations.

I will look at those dynamic views you posted too - will check them later, cheers.... Mark
SJA06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-10, 07:27 AM   #2876
NuBee
NuBee

Mmmmmmhhh, I love this one!

Core i7 920@4.2 / Asus Rampage II Extreme / Noctua NH-U12P SE 1366 / 6GB Dominator GT PC3-16000 Triple Channel (CL 7-7-7-16-1T) / 2 x GTX680 SLI / X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series + Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 + 4xCanton/ 2x1Tb Samsung F3@Raid-0 / CoolermasterStackerSTC-T01 + 3xSilenX-Ixtrema120 + 2xS3NoiseBlocker + ZalmanZM-MFC1 Multi Fan Controller/Win7 x64

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:14 AM.

Old 03-20-10, 09:54 AM   #2877
skulleader

Hello NuBee,

Yes great skin, I love this work ^^

I can found this skin from Antz Aussie.

Best regards, Olivier.
skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-10, 05:09 PM   #2878
omzig
Comfortably Numb

Hey Guys

Thanks for the feedback and shots of the CUB,she's pretty cool and the passenger modes are a hoot,really nice modeling and texture work up there with the best FSX has to offer IQ wise(going to have to do something about her hair though its bugging me),i will have to spend sometime mipmapping all the schemes as at high zoomouts there stairsteping like crazy!

btw anyone fancy beta testing some new trees ive made? i thought the conifers in PNW seemed a little small so i remade a new set,nothing final as atm im just try to balance the colours here a screen shot shout if you fancy testing them

Laters
steve
Old 03-24-10, 01:26 PM   #2879
NuBee
NuBee

Some new screens:

...and something different:

Last edited by NuBee; 08-23-12 at 06:16 AM.
Old 03-24-10, 04:02 PM   #2880
skulleader

WOW Nubee,

Congratulation for the great quality of your screnshots, I really love the N1 and N5.
The screenshot number 5 is awesome and wonderful !!!!

And

A real piece of ART !!

Congratulation ;-)
skulleader is offline   Reply With Quote