Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central > Console World

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 12-14-08, 08:00 PM   #121
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger
Default Re: The Darkness Review

Playing this again. I'd forgotten how good it was. Playing PS3 version this time. Shocked Beagle, she thought it was a mindless FPS GTA clone from the mobsters until The Darkness impaled one then ate his heart. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 01:29 PM   #122
HiCZoK4

Bump. Just played this yesterday at night. IT IS ONE HELL OF AN INCREDIBLE GAME!

I always wanted to play this since it came out becouse I know that Starbreeze is making unique and good games. But I couldn't find it in stores when I had my previevous 360. Now my buddy happen to have it, so I grabbed it and (after a couple of tries with his old disc) got it installed.

MY GOD!!! The graphics, shooting mechanics(pushing a trigger on 360controller reflect identic move of player FINGER ON THE SCREEN!!!) and best part - atmosphere. I played it on headphones without light on late evening. I only got to the scene of escaping from restaurant but I had to collect my jaw from the floor. Voice acting, sound design, characters, dirty atmospheric subway station and meeting a girl ... I will wait till everyone in home go to sleep and play it some more

I recommend this very underrated game for people who didn't played it and like dark mood games! Glad I discovered this.

And no NarcissistZero, Kaguya, nekrosoft13 I am not justifing my chooice over ps3. I am just excited about the actuall game. The 360 is nothing new to me as You know. Just hope that Jasper Elite in well ventilated areas with games running from hdd ,wont die faster that falcon I had(which wasnt modded as You appear to think(yet)) In fact I might flash this one sometime ...

Anyway. Search for this game. Its fantastic.
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 01:52 PM   #123
crainger

It's one of my favs. Hope they make another soon.
Old 03-23-10, 01:58 PM   #124
HiCZoK4

Are they working on anything?
all of their games I know are: Enclave, Riddick EFBB. Darkness and Dark Athena(only one i did not played yet)
HiCZoK4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:05 PM   #125
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
It's not the first wave. Not by far. Came out not too long ago.
Actually, it came out in the middle of '07.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:16 PM   #126
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Actually, it came out in the middle of '07.
Actually, this thread is a million years old.

I laughed when I saw this thread... I enjoyed the game a lot, but one of the best shooter experiences ever? Not by a long shot. I do hope they make a sequel and actually do things better.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 03:42 PM   #127
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiCZoK4 View Post
Are they working on anything?
all of their games I know are: Enclave, Riddick EFBB. Darkness and Dark Athena(only one i did not played yet)
Quote:
Electronic Arts May Have Just Killed The New Syndicate (Or Its Bourne Game)

Starbreeze Studios, developers of The Darkness and Chronicles of Riddick, were working on two projects for EA. Now it's working on one, a potentially bad sign for Syndicate—or Jason Bourne—fans hoping that "Project RedLime" would reinvent the franchise.

EA and Starbreeze had partnered to work on two games, one based on Robert Ludlum's Jason Bourne character, another dubbed "Project RedLime," officially described as a reinvention of "one of EA's most acclaimed classic franchises." That classic franchise was reported to be Syndicate, the Bullfrog-developed line of PC games released in the '90s.

Starbreeze announced in a press release this week that it was now focused on just one of those projects, with the other "still in pre-production phase" to be shut down. The developer did not specify which of the two had been put on hold.

"We will continue to focus only on a big production together with EA," says Starbreeze CEO Johan Kristiansson, in a press release originally in Swedish. "Our relationship with EA is stronger than ever, and the aim now is to spend more resources on the game that demonstrated the greatest potential. This game is already in full production."

Starbreeze is reported to have been hard at work on its Syndicate revival since 2007, with its planned Bourne-starring game officially announced late last year.

Which game has greater "potential"? Another Bourne game—possibly known as The Bourne Ascendancy—or an update to Syndicate? Commercially, it would seem like the former, but we've reached out to EA and Starbreeze to clarify.
http://kotaku.com/5500103/electronic...ts-bourne-game

I hope new Bourne game got dropped.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 10:32 PM   #128
Bah!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Actually, this thread is a million years old.

I laughed when I saw this thread... I enjoyed the game a lot, but one of the best shooter experiences ever? Not by a long shot. I do hope they make a sequel and actually do things better.
Lol..I didn't even look at the post dates, just saw the thread at the top of the page.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-25-10, 12:49 AM   #129
crainger

::