Default Re: Official Just Cause 2 Thread

the music is a great OST too to listen on its own
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 08:13 PM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

This game is so fun to play... v-synch sucks on it, which stinks, but other than that I have NO complaints on this one. I hope people are actually playing it.

Few screens:

I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 08:17 PM   #15
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

My only complaint is that I'm knee deep into AC2, BF BC2 and now I got this.... too many good games at once. Usually I can buy it and beat it before the next best thing comes out... not this time... What to play, what to play??

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-10, 08:46 PM   #16
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Voice acting is awesomely bad.

The game is just awesome though... great graphics, smooth performance, fun gameplay, what else needs to be said? That sums it up, really.

Did everyone get the "Bullseye Rifle" DLC as a bonus or is it an amazon thing?
Bullseye Rifle was from Amazon, I think... I got it from Gamestop for the Monster Truck and Rico's Signature Gun.

My only complaint with the game so far? The helicopters seem too slow... but I did get a little plane that I can have dropped off to me for 30k that is AWESOMENESS and FASTNESS!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 03:07 AM   #17
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mailman2 View Post
My only complaint is that I'm knee deep into AC2, BF BC2 and now I got this.... too many good games at once. Usually I can buy it and beat it before the next best thing comes out... not this time... What to play, what to play??
Seriously, you havnt finished those games to death yet by now? ^^

I've been kinda bored..I passed up ac2 cause im a non beliver of the drm forced in it. JC2 will hopefully let me get my sandbox on, been a while since a good sandbox game has shown its face on pc.
Old 03-24-10, 04:16 AM   #18
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

I am flooded with great titles, as gonna skip this and Metro because of that, but my spoiled brat gotta have it instincts won.

My girl is pissed.

Hopefully I will finish a few of these games before GTA4's expansions come out.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 03-24-10, 05:36 AM   #19
wysiwyg

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Seriously, you havnt finished those games to death yet by now? ^^

I've been kinda bored..I passed up ac2 cause im a non beliver of the drm forced in it. JC2 will hopefully let me get my sandbox on, been a while since a good sandbox game has shown its face on pc.
thats what is sad, so many babies over the DRM. if you use the internet youll have no issues, its a great game many arent giving a chance due to the drm which got sorted the first day i had the game. i too almost returned the game.

im pleased i didnt. its a superb game one of the best this year, much more depth than JC2. AC2 is a very looooong game too, worth every penny
wysiwyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-10, 06:35 AM   #20
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

Wysi, I usually like to play offline games when I am not near wifi, for instance when I'm at work (firewalled). Requiring net connections for single player mode is just plain bull****.

Anyways.. been at this game for 2 hours now and already I am not liking some aspects of its gameplay.

For one... there is no cover system. After playing so much GTA4, MW2, and ME2, it really sucks not being able to hug objects for cover and be able to control when I break cover with precision.

Lack of a "down the sights" view that is easy to trigger. This makes for alot of spray and pray and there isn't any big clips on the guns (this becomes an issue early in the game that I will cover below).

The above 2 issues make the shooting aspect of the game VERY "b" grade, it is pretty sad when ME2, an RPG, has a better shooting system.

So lets look at the action platform aspect of it. For the most part it is good, I can do some pretty awesome grapples and fix alot of "oops" jumps without suffering damage, something I would have expected in a game that has a pretty advanced physics engine. However grappling during fast action sequences is hit and miss. The game does not memorize red targets for any length of time so if you were targeting a helicopter or fast moving car but lose lock on it when you hit the F key, you will quickly find yourself grappling onto something else.

Now for my first big issue, the first car chase scene. It is very frustrating and I havn't been able to pass it for a whole slew of reasons. 1, your guy is a pussy and can't take damage, but there is no real way to take cover unless you jump in a vehicle, yet JC2 is the only game where you can't shoot from a vehicle! Also when I tried to jump into a vehicle, it quickly took so much damage that it blew up instantly.

2, the cross hair (including lock on indicator) is not quite parallel with the guns barrel. I was unable to shoot enemies on the left side of the cars due to the door blocking the muzzle, despite the cross hairs being firmly planted on the enemy and colored red. I could jump to the front of the car and shoot them, but with every moment I have to sing and dance to hit these guys, my health is dropping fast.

In the end I couldn't shoot my way out, I simply ran out of bullets, and if I used the grapple gun instead to conserve bullets then I ran out of time as they just shot me dead.

This combined with a very poor system of indicating if and how bad you are getting shot and the worst checkpoint reload system you could make (it totaly removes you from the game, taking you to the menu screens and thus a lengthy reload back into the game) leads to some major frustrations.

On the plus side, the game looks pretty good (esp for a 1 dvd game, citys may not quite be as detailed as gta4, but the amount of land covered makes liberty city look like a postage stamp) and the engine seems very nice. I can't really say its fast, but then this is one of the most feature ladened engines and is the first game I have ever played that has featured SSAO, GPU physics, on top of all the other slew of effects and I am pretty sure my 8800 is just showing its age. I am sure in the end, even if the game sucks, I am sure to have some fun turning on invincibility and just farking around the world in all the vehicles and stuff. Especially since there are alot of destructible objects.

Old 03-24-10, 06:45 AM   #21
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

There is a down the sights... remap it to Mouse2, that's what I did.

And I beat the level you are talking about on my first try, and I am playing on hard mode, so... get better

Old 03-24-10, 07:41 AM   #22
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I'm usualy pretty descent at first person shooters. did you just run and gun it?

I havn't been able to get back to the game yet but I guess I don't always need to be on a car? The other guy will stop if I get knocked off so I guess I can simply drop down and find cover to eliminate the enemies and pickup ammo, althought that dosn't really make it a chase scene anymore.
Old 03-24-10, 08:08 AM   #23
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmd View Post
Wysi, I usually like to play offline games when I am not near wifi, for instance when I'm at work (firewalled). Requiring net connections for single player mode is just plain bull****.
maybe you should work at work
Old 03-24-10, 08:54 AM   #24
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
maybe you should work at work
LMAO - well played

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote