MUYA

Send a message via MSN to MUYA
Default Re: NVIDIA GF100 Previews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post

I'll take it off your hands

p.s. get well soon
Get in line, I am first

Mike doesn't fall ill, he wills the bacteria away and poof they are gone.
Corsair K90 - Corsair Venegance 2000 Headset - Razer Naga Epic
Corsair 600T Case
Old 03-25-10, 09:39 PM   #1202
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeC View Post
I am also open to conduct any specialized testing that forum members may request.

Mike, If you have the resources could you please show some Triple monitor feedback. Reviews and possible comparison between Eyefinity. Eyefinity is the selling point for me. If it get a big enough boost with a single GPU and can use my triple monitors the way I do I'm all for it.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Old 03-25-10, 09:51 PM   #1203
MUYA

Triple monitor is a SLI only feature for GF cards is it not? Anyone?
Corsair 600T Case
Old 03-25-10, 09:51 PM   #1204
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaptkarl View Post
Would you please benchmark Crysis/Crysis Warhead as they are still the most taxing games out IMHO, and very popular. Also COD Modern Warfare2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 would be great!

I'm very curious to see how my new 5870 compares to Nvidias' best in these games that I play regularly.

Thanks MikeC!

Kapt
I've got Crysis covered, but believe it or not, Neverwinter Nights 2 continues to be the most taxing game I have tested. I enjoy playing the game and although it was released in 2006, the graphics engine seems to be terribly unoptimized.
Old 03-25-10, 09:59 PM   #1205
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion X2 View Post
Good stuff, Mike. I like that you're testing the latest and greatest in games. I look forward to the review.

I'd like to see some temperature comparisons between the cards if you have time. I'll probably be picking up a 470 for my renderbox and just have general interest into how warm 480 will get under load.
Thanks. Yeah, cooling up to 3 billion transistors is a major task and I've spent quite a bit of time in this area. I've come up with a simple solution that can drop the GPU temperature by 8-10 degrees Celcius while running a Furmark stress test. This alone made a huge difference in minimizing noise from the graphics card fan.
Old 03-25-10, 10:05 PM   #1206
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Sounds great! Hope you feel better already and don't worry about Guru3d's review as that will most likely only consist of pictures of the card with a few written lines on 30 of the 35 of the pages! Are you using the 10.3a for the 5870? Also could you do a max OC vs max OC benchmark(many users would like to see this)?
Thanks, I am felling much better now than I was earlier this week. Yes, since I have yet to run any benchmarks with the 5870, I will be using the 10.3a. It's unlikely that I'll be able to look into overclocking during the next few days, but it's something I would eventually like to cover.
Old 03-25-10, 10:08 PM   #1207
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Looking forward to the first look!

Wonder if anyone will review/bench Age of Conan (game I exclusively play..so a bit selfish). The new feature of the FERMI based cards are supposed to allow for better AA of "grass" etc in the game
Do you know if Age of Conan offers free trials? And you are correct as there are a couple of new antialiasing features that will improve the quality of rendering transparent textures.
Old 03-25-10, 10:11 PM   #1208
MUYA

Quote:
Do you know if Age of Conan offers free trials? And you are correct as there are a couple of new antialiasing features that will improve the quality of rendering transparent textures.
Transparent textures was the words I was looking for

Age of Conan does have free trials! I cannot log on to get free trial CD key coz I am at w3rk. I will try after work, if you would like one Boss.
Corsair 600T Case

Old 03-25-10, 10:15 PM   #1209
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by KasuCode View Post
Mike, If you have the resources could you please show some Triple monitor feedback. Reviews and possible comparison between Eyefinity. Eyefinity is the selling point for me. If it get a big enough boost with a single GPU and can use my triple monitors the way I do I'm all for it.
Unfortunately, I don't have the resources for that type of comparison. However, I would keep an eye out at HardOCP.

Kyle Bennett has done a number of reviews on Eyefinity and hopefully he will be able to offer his experience with NVIDIA's solution. I thought his latest video overview on a 3x2 Eyefinity setup was informative.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...ing_experience
Old 03-25-10, 10:16 PM   #1210
MikeC
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUYA View Post
Age of Conan does have free trials! I cannot log on to get free trial CD key coz I am at w3rk. I will try after work, if you would like one Boss.
Cool, hook me up my man
Old 03-25-10, 10:29 PM   #1211
JasonPC

Quote:
I am also open to conduct any specialized testing that forum members may request.
I don't know if you have a stereoscopic 3d kit/monitor but results with that are likely to be very informative for many members since that seems to be one of the main reasons to upgrade.
Old 03-25-10, 10:58 PM   #1212
KasuCode
Wiley

Send a message via AIM to KasuCode

Quote:
Unfortunately, I don't have the resources for that type of comparison. However, I would keep an eye out at HardOCP.

Kyle Bennett has done a number of reviews on Eyefinity and hopefully he will be able to offer his experience with NVIDIA's solution. I thought his latest video overview on a 3x2 Eyefinity setup was informative.

http://www.hardocp.com/article/2010/...ing_experience
I'll still be looking forward to your review I do plan to check HardOCP. Kyle feels the way I do about Eyefinity so I hope he covers it.

Thanks for the timely replies hope your feeling better soon.

Check Out
~CrossWater~
Closed Thread