Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-26-10, 01:44 PM   #25
Ambrose

Default Re: Left 4 Dead Tier 1, 2, and 3

All I have to say is I play L4D 2 and when I'm on an uncommunicative and uncooperative team it's a struggle to make it through the entire campaign (aprx 1 hr in length). Having a team that talks is not enough though--my enjoyment is highly contingent on how much of an effort I feel my team is putting forth, and a lot of people don't have anything helpful to say. When you play with experienced players (or just competitive people in general) and you start executing perfect combos with the zombies or perfect getaways with the survivors, it really is a thing of beauty.
<Evga 8800 GTX @ 630/1050>
<OCZ Flex XLC 2GB DDR2 800>
<Samsung 500GB 7200 RPM Sata Hard drive>

3DMark06 score: 12243
http://service.futuremark.com/orb/re...0&UID=11981243
Windows Vista Ultimate

Avid gamer, dedicated student (most of the time).
Ambrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 02:18 PM   #26
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Actually I changed my mind guys. This is an awesome idea and now I know where to go to contact people when the REAL zombie outbreak happens.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 02:38 PM   #27
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambrose View Post
All I have to say is I play L4D 2 and when I'm on an uncommunicative and uncooperative team it's a struggle to make it through the entire campaign (aprx 1 hr in length). Having a team that talks is not enough though--my enjoyment is highly contingent on how much of an effort I feel my team is putting forth, and a lot of people don't have anything helpful to say. When you play with experienced players (or just competitive people in general) and you start executing perfect combos with the zombies or perfect getaways with the survivors, it really is a thing of beauty.
Exactly.

L4D is the kind of game where you need people who communicate and who will follow along with the team plans. There are tons of people I play with DAILY that aren't very good at FPS games, but they communicate and follow team plans well so it always works out. Believe it or not, most girls who play L4D are better than the guys because they do these two things well.

You guys can say "its a game" all you want, but I'm not wasting my time(average game being 1hr+) being in a group with a bunch of teenagers who play L4D like its some solo single player game. It really is a waste of my time. L4D also is NOT fun unless you have a good team. Honestly, its not even about winning or losing. If I have a good team that communicates well and we were just beaten by a "better" team, then I'm perfectly fine with losing. Hell, most of the time I play the game over again against the same team just to improve my own skills with the game.

Call my idea what you want, but this "idea" is about having a group of players that are tired of joining games with bad attitude players who are more focused on themselves than the team. Thats all. The group isn't "skill" based. Its something that EVERYONE can do. Listen and Communicate. Thats it. My 1 year old daughter can do both of these things better than 90% of the players I join with in L4D. Its not that hard folks.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 05:22 PM   #28
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
Repeat after me:

"IT'S JUST A FREAKING GAME!"

:facepalm:
Yes, and you play it for fun.

The level of fun people derive varies. Many of these games, such as TF2 and Left 4 Dead/2 require team-work to a level you may not find in other games and that is what makes them fun.

It is also quite fun to play with new players and introduce them to the game and mess around with them.

BUT, when you are playing versus or something moderately competitive, the whole purpose of the competitive setting is... COMPETITION

If someone is playing with a group and that group doesn't want to do anything but mess around, fine. If that is spelt out beforehand, its good for everyone.

If, on the otherhand, you have a group game requiring team-work and a bunch of people are messing around and the other person/s did not know that was all they were going to do, it is quite irritating, especially if those persons happen to be steam friends.

Lord knows it seems 90% of the players online are griefers and stoners who brag about being high and packin a bowl while playing. Not my cup of tea. With TF2, I have limited my engagement to just a few servers and I play with a group of a few players I have played with since the beta days. L4D, I only play with a couple of people now and spend most of the rest of my online gaming time playing Borderlands with a couple of other friends.

It is fun and engaging and everyone has a blast.

When I first started playing with you and others on L4D2, a lot of y'all were new and it was fun because I expected there to be a learning curve. Honestly, after a few weeks, while I loved playing with a couple of y'all, the others were simply annoying and hence why I just didn't join future invites. Naturally, those inviting would have gotten the message and stopped inviting after a few times if someone doesn't join.

Personally, I have never had an issue with Tyger on any games and it has always been fun, even when we have lost because everyone worked together, which is the whole point of the game.

If the Cavs started losing every game by 50 points and each player was only out for personal glory, would you say "it's just a game"? Or would you want them to play together or get shipped out of Cleveland?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-10, 11:08 PM   #29
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Well.... The "useless dumb idea group" is now up to 23 members. With every single member being someone that has great teamwork. I've been told "thank you for this group!" by 10 people just today because people are glad they finally have access to some decent players who enjoy playing with teamwork.

Sazar is one of my guys I invite to games pretty often. He plays the game with the team in mind at all times. He's prime example of what the rest of the group consists of.
Old 03-26-10, 11:18 PM   #30
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
You have played L4D with my friends and I... nice memory you have there.

The group system is stupid, people should play with whoever they have fun with, you shouldn't need a ranking system to judge who you should play with.

I have played with DOC, Lee and Six? and while they weren't the best players I think we had fun. I don't think Iw ould play a Expert Realism with them... would drive me nuts but for a quick advanced game they are great to just have fun with.
Six is actually pretty good.

Doc and Lee like to play Scavenge in solo mode. They are fun for campaign though. Although Lee always tries to steal Ellis from me.
Old 03-27-10, 03:59 AM   #31
General Lee

I'm pretty damn good with Ellis, but I suck with the Infected still. I could get better, but I just enjoy playing Ellis so much.

These days I'm also doing a lot of playing and idling on TF2, preparing for the next big updates and trading.
Old 03-27-10, 09:35 AM   #32
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
I'm pretty damn good with Ellis, but I suck with the Infected still. I could get better, but I just enjoy playing Ellis so much.

These days I'm also doing a lot of playing and idling on TF2, preparing for the next big updates and trading.
Yah, everytime I fire up TF2 and see your name, you are idling on an achievement server

Regarding Ellis, you don't play as Ellis you lying git.

You ARE Ellis
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 03-28-10, 09:48 AM   #33
General Lee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sazar View Post
Yah, everytime I fire up TF2 and see your name, you are idling on an achievement server

Regarding Ellis, you don't play as Ellis you lying git.

You ARE Ellis
If I'm not idling, you'll find me at the Alpha Omega 24/7 2Fort server.

BTW, Ellis is from Savannah, GA. I'm from Spartanburg, SC. They could have cast me for the part and the end result would be the same.
Old 03-28-10, 11:35 AM   #34
Zelda_fan

...it's a video game guys... it's not that serious...
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-10, 02:18 PM   #35
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
...it's a video game guys... it's not that serious...
Tyger... put this noob in Tier 0. GTFO U NUBE!
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote