Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 03-31-10, 12:35 PM   #73
Bearclaw

Default Re: So... I bought Battlefield Bad Company 2... bored already

Make sure it has a heart shaped vibrating bed.
Old 04-01-10, 07:23 AM   #74
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

Its Official.

This game is boring as hell without Hardcore mode. If I go as assault, its nearly impossible for me to die by bullets. Sniper bullets are like pea shooters. Another thing about "normal mode" is that you rarely see the "attackers" lose. Hardcore mode is the only time when defenders actually have any kind of shot during the rush. Last night when I went assault, I was planting bombs like crazy. Bullets seemed like they were just bouncing off of me.

My vote is that the NVNews server changes to a hardcore server. It would make things a lot more fun and actually give both teams a chance.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:11 AM   #75
ViN86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tygerwoody View Post
Its Official.

This game is boring as hell without Hardcore mode. If I go as assault, its nearly impossible for me to die by bullets. Sniper bullets are like pea shooters. Another thing about "normal mode" is that you rarely see the "attackers" lose. Hardcore mode is the only time when defenders actually have any kind of shot during the rush. Last night when I went assault, I was planting bombs like crazy. Bullets seemed like they were just bouncing off of me.

My vote is that the NVNews server changes to a hardcore server. It would make things a lot more fun and actually give both teams a chance.
I think you guys would have a lot easier time on the maps if you worked together. Join a squad. Get the squad to have two medics, an assault, and an engineer. Then stick together and work up the sides with the medics in the rear, assault in front, and engi in middle.

Recons should have their own squads so they can get behind enemy lines. But recons should spend 99% of their time spotting and laying down mortar fire instead of sniping.

My two cents...
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:17 AM   #76
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ViN86 View Post
I think you guys would have a lot easier time on the maps if you worked together. Join a squad. Get the squad to have two medics, an assault, and an engineer. Then stick together and work up the sides with the medics in the rear, assault in front, and engi in middle.

Recons should have their own squads so they can get behind enemy lines. But recons should spend 99% of their time spotting and laying down mortar fire instead of sniping.

My two cents...
I agree with this. Most squads have all snipers/assaults/etc. If you have a balanced team, you will have a good time, and you will win most of the time.

I still think that this is one of the best FPS made.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:18 AM   #77
Bearclaw

Quote:
Its Official.

You're crazy. This game rocks.
Old 04-01-10, 11:40 AM   #78
methimpikehoses

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiscipleDOC View Post
I agree with this. Most squads have all snipers/assaults/etc. If you have a balanced team, you will have a good time, and you will win most of the time.

I still think that this is one of the best FPS made.
Absolutely, no question about it. It's all about having a good squad that sticks together, through thick and thin, hell or high water. Not like when Bearfail is on your team and he's got another window open, fapping to midget/deer pr0n, and you're taking on the entire other squad by yourself.
Old 04-01-10, 11:44 AM   #79
DiscipleDOC

Quote:
Originally Posted by methimpikehoses View Post
Absolutely, no question about it. It's all about having a good squad that sticks together, through thick and thin, hell or high water. Not like when Bearfail is on your team and he's got another window open, fapping to midget/deer pr0n, and you're taking on the entire other squad by yourself.
+1

Wait...wut?
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 11:46 AM   #80
Bearclaw

No, it's usually true.

Old 04-01-10, 11:51 AM   #81
ViN86

I think the biggest misconception about BC2 is that it's similar to MW2, when in actuality the games are VERY different.
ViN86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 01:28 PM   #82
v3rninater
Blowin up since 1969

Almost have all the weapons available now!!! Just finished getting the last medic gun, it's a quick one!
Core 2 Quad Q9550 @ 3.4ghz 1600fsb || Gigabyte P45 EP45-UD3R stable as a rooock! || 4gb G-Skill DDR2 PC8500 5-5-5-15 || EVGA 580-GTX 1.5gb || Creative Fatal1ty Xram Sound Card 7.1 ||G-Skill Phoenix Pro SSD 120gb|| WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || 2x Samsung DVD burner 16x DVD+\- || Corsair 620watt PSU
Win 7 Ultimate 64bit (640gb hd)

AMD Phenom II X6 T1090 || Gigabyte GA880 || 4gb G-skill Ripjaw DDR3 1600 || MSI 8800 Ultra o/c || WD BLACK 32mb cache 640gb HD || ASUS DVD Burner || XFX 750 watt PSU

LG 60" 1080p 600Hz Plasma HDTV 60PS11
Xbox 360
v3rninater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-10, 01:56 PM   #83
Bearclaw

Gonna spend some quality time over the weekend to get some new weapons unlocked.
Old 04-01-10, 02:19 PM   #84
Roadhog
Resident Alien

Quote:
Its Official.

What does assault have to do with being harder to kill? All the classes have the same health. If you think you are the only person that is hard to kill, you are either lagging really bad. If not, you are welcome to come play on our server with me.

If sniper shots were 1 hit kill, the game would be extremely boring as whole teams would be sniper. Go on any hardcore server, it consists of at least 50% snipers per team. Get some skill and aim for the head.

Odd, most servers I've played on, the teams have been very well balanced. Attackers sometimes winning. If it's just an Attacker or Defender steam roll, I find a different server.

About Hardcore. Hardcore is not how the game is made to be played as I stated earlier. Snipers are extremely overpowered and annoying. All Hardcore turns into is a camp fest, no team work at all. Just down right boring to play.

If you want a better game play experience, go on vent, and find 4+ people to play with. Use some teamwork, it's great fun.
Roadhog is offline   Reply With Quote