Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-03-10, 01:51 PM   #97
newparad1gm
Registered User
 
newparad1gm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 693
Talking Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madpistol View Post

3D is being done on ATI cards via a 3rd party program. Therefore, saying nvidia has 3D capabilities is a moot point.
Catalyst has just enabled 3D through shutter based tech right now in its drivers, the actual products that utilize it to its fullest extent are not out yet.

To use 3D with ATI right now, you have to use the iz3D polarized monitors, or something like the ELSA revelator glasses. The iz3D monitors are generally inferior 22" monitors that suffer from a lot of ghosting, while the ELSA revelator glasses have terrible support and drivers, which generally holds true for all the other current third party shutter based solutions. Plus there is no support for multimonitor 3D in these solutions.

The true 3D solution for ATI right now is Bit Cauldron's shutter glasses with emitter, which is not due out until the 2nd half of 2010: http://in.sys-con.com/node/1235121. Even then it remains to be seen how well Bit Cauldron's solution will work with ATI cards and whether it will receive regular driver updates to work with the latest games and such.

There is no complete 3D ecosystem right now for 3D using ATI unlike NVIDIA's 3D Vision, which have support for the latest games and for the latest 3D displays, and is a solution that is easy to set up and only requires a quick driver update. Games have a 3D Profile, sort of like an SLI profile, and helps the game run better and look better in 3D.

GTX 480 for me, as I no longer have to make the tough decision of playing in 3D or playing DX11. I can do both now
__________________
WAR MACHINE:
Intel Core i7 3930K | Asus X79 Sabertooth | 4x4 GB G.Skill RipJaw PC3-12800 | 2x EVGA NVIDIA GTX TITAN Signature 6GB SLI | OCZ Vertex 3 240GB SSD | 2x500 GB Seagate Barracuda RAID 0 | LG BD-ROM | Cyber Acoustics CA3001WB 2.1 Speakers | SeaSonic 1250W PSU | 3x Acer GD235HZ 23.6in 120Hz | Silverstone Fortress FT02 | Windows 8 Pro x64 | NVIDIA 3DVision SURROUND

CRIMSON DYNAMO:
Intel Core i7 2600K | Gigabyte Z68X-UD3H | 2x4 GB G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 | XFX AMD R9 290X 4GB | Intel X-25M G2 160GB SSD | 2x250GB RAID 0 | Samsung BD-ROM | ABS SL 1050W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Antec 900 ATX | Windows 8 Pro x64

Sailor Jupiter (HTPC):
Intel Pentium Dual-Core E5200 | ZOTAC Geforce 9300 | 2x2 GB OCZ Fatal1ty PC2-8500 | WD 1TB | Hitachi 2TB External | MediaSonic HFR2-SU3S2 4x3TB Seagate Barracuda RAID 1+0 | LG Blu-Ray/HD DVD-ROM | FSP 150W PSU | Toshiba 42" REGZA 1080p HDTV | Foxconn RS233 mini-ITX | Windows 7 Pro x86
newparad1gm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 01:55 PM   #98
gulizard
"Powerstroke Diesel"
 
gulizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Evansville, Indiana (from Detroit)
Posts: 663
Send a message via MSN to gulizard Send a message via Skype™ to gulizard
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
welcome to atinews.net
THANK YOU! I love that I am not the only one.

I use to frequent the AMD Support Forums as a user. Intel came out with its Conroe processor and it owned AMD's Processor, back then I still was running a Athlon 4800+ Dual Core Processor Socket 939, DDR, nVidia Graphics. I had it in my sig on their site, several little Intel fan boys that were hardcore **** talkers of Intel even having Intel Avatars making fun of the Prescotts. Which was fine with AMD being as it was an AMD Support/ FAN SITE. They banned several people coming in posting benchmarks of Intel beating them, which isn't bad because again these people were bad mouthing exactly what they use to love and swear by. I am sure we can look and see many of these guys here posting how ATI is such a great fantastic card and when nvidia was on top those people had **** to with ATI. ATI took forever to come back to anywhere close to the top.

I don't give a rats ass how great their drivers are, they are not better then nvidias. I don't want to buy an ATI and I am tired of seeing the unfriendly competition. Post up your benchmarks but we don't need this "NVIDIA IS BETTER THEN ATI, or ATI IS BETTER THEN NVIDIA" bs. Discuss nVidia keep it towards nVidia because this is an NVIDIA FAN SITE, this is not BASH NVIDIA.

This entire forum is dedicated to the GF100 Series. Mike C posted they were hot, he didn't however say "These are hot, and they suck ass. He gave a well balanced review of what he thought, positives and negatives. These ATI guys have nothing good to say about nvidia, and all I am saying is these same guys are just hypocrits, because back when ATI was sucking ass, these guys was on nvidia's dick.
__________________
my rig: 2011 Ford F250 Lariat, 6.7 Powerstroke, DPF/urea delete H&S Mini Maxx tuned, w/ fuel box from IDP ET 1/8 8.40
gulizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 02:12 PM   #99
weevil
Registered User
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 208
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

ATI was sucking ass, these guys was nvidia's dick

Please keep your fantasies to yourself, there are probably young and for a time innocent people reading. Let's not hurry things along.
weevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 02:32 PM   #100
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Blah blah blah...meaning same old thread over and over again. I don't give a rats a$$ about your numbers, or Rollo's and Shadow's bickering.

You see...I'm a mod here, I have to read this useless garbage every day and deiced who I'll ban next.

Its getting boring and repetitive. As for NV cards...I've owed more than you've had hot dinners....so think twice before you quote me with your #'s BS.
If you're a mod on nVNews with such an anti-constructive attitude I will be surprised.

And you have read this entire thread, and then make the comments about my post like you have? It makes no sense at all, lee63. I've contributed to its' becoming productive and fanboys from both side becoming more accepting of each other.

If you're a mod, then how do you feel about this thread so far?

1,000+ views and 100+ posts.

How information is starting to be posted and not just angry ppl's posts?

As a moderator are you not required to avoid adding to the potential of unproductive flaiming?

I'm not posting useless garbage as you claim I am Lee63.

For example:

"Because HD5870 is only $79 cheaper (19%). Or maybe $100 cheaper (24%)."

How is this useless garbage?

Are you really a Mod?

How can I find out?

How about if you help keep this thread stay on a productive course and help gather proof about facts and figures rather than putting in your negative thoughts.

Thank you lee63.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:02 PM   #101
Slytat
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 354
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
If you're a mod on nVNews with such an anti-constructive attitude I will be surprised.

And you have read this entire thread, and then make the comments about my post like you have? It makes no sense at all, lee63. I've contributed to its' becoming productive and fanboys from both side becoming more accepting of each other.

If you're a mod, then how do you feel about this thread so far?

1,000+ views and 100+ posts.

How information is starting to be posted and not just angry ppl's posts?

As a moderator are you not required to avoid adding to the potential of unproductive flaiming?

I'm not posting useless garbage as you claim I am Lee63.

For example:

"Because HD5870 is only $79 cheaper (19%). Or maybe $100 cheaper (24%)."

How is this useless garbage?

Are you really a Mod?

How can I find out?

How about if you help keep this thread stay on a productive course and help gather proof about facts and figures rather than putting in your negative thoughts.

Thank you lee63.
He is a mod dude.
Slytat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:09 PM   #102
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slytat View Post
He is a mod dude.

cool.

I was only pointing out that his attitude was questionable.

You shouldn't expect a Mod to claim I'm posting garbage when I'm attempting to thwart angry sentiment.

Apparently he was nit picking one post of mine and had not read all in this thread. But still, why have a mod without a very good attitude. I've picked mods on forums before and if the individual in question shows a tendency towards a poor attitude I don't select them.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 03:29 PM   #103
Sazar
Sayonara !!!
 
Sazar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,297
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Blah blah blah...meaning same old thread over and over again. I don't give a rats a$$ about your numbers, or Rollo's and Shadow's bickering.

You see...I'm a mod here, I have to read this useless garbage every day and deiced who I'll ban next.

Its getting boring and repetitive. As for NV cards...I've owed more than you've had hot dinners....so think twice before you quote me with your #'s BS.


I think I love you

Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 05:32 PM   #105
AdamK47
 
AdamK47's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Cinci, OH
Posts: 984
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

I was one of those disappointed in the GTX480 based on the reviews. I ended up buying two 5870 in light of this.
AdamK47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 05:35 PM   #106
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamK47 View Post
I was one of those disappointed in the GTX480 based on the reviews. I ended up buying two 5870 in light of this. I posted a reply about this in another thread on this sub forum. It ended up getting deleted for some mindless neoconservative reason. There wasn't anything bad by it, but I guess someone representing nVidia didn't like it.

cool.

post comparison between FPS on HD5870CF and GTX480.




Edit:

AnAndTech Dot Com

BenchmarkReviews Dot Com

Bit-Tech Dot Com

BrightSideOfNews Dot Com

Guru3D Dot Com

HardOCP Dot Com

HardwareCanucks


HardWareHeaven Dot Com

Hexus Dot Com

NeoSeeker Dot Com

TechPowerUp Dot Com


TechSpot Dot Com

TomsHardware1 Dot Com

TomsHardware2 Dot Com
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:17 PM   #107
Absolution
AbsoUI
 
Absolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 933
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

I think this entired thread can be summed up by anandtech's conclusion (or any other legitimate review site).

Quote:
To wrap things up, let’s start with the obvious: NVIDIA has reclaimed their crown – they have the fastest single-GPU card. The GTX 480 is between 10 and 15% faster than the Radeon 5870 depending on the resolution, giving it a comfortable lead over AMD’s best single-GPU card.
Quote:
Meanwhile let’s talk about the other factors: price, power, and noise. At $500 the GTX 480 is the world’s fastest single-GPU card, but it’s not a value proposition. The price gap between it and the Radeon 5870 is well above the current performance gap, but this has always been true about the high-end. Bigger than price though is the tradeoff for going with the GTX 480 and its much bigger GPU – it’s hotter, it’s noisier, and it’s more power hungry, all for 10-15% more performance. If you need the fastest thing you can get then the choice is clear, otherwise you’ll have some thinking to decide what you want and what you’re willing to live with in return.
I don't why people try to post one benchmark that proves one card is better than another. They trade swings, but on average the 480 GTX is 10-15% faster but something along the lines of 25-35% more expensive. It is also hotter.

I don't even see the need for such a card right now unless you have > 24" monitor. I'm just glad I bought the card I did for so little as I did. No one wins this round, GPU prices haven't improved. They've improved the performance, but also increased the price.
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:24 PM   #108
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 214
Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
I think this entired thread can be summed up by anandtech's conclusion (or any other legitimate review site).





I don't why people try to post one benchmark that proves one card is better than another. They trade swings, but on average the 480 GTX is 10-15% faster but something along the lines of 25-35% more expensive. It is also hotter.

I don't even see the need for such a card right now unless you have > 24" monitor. I'm just glad I bought the card I did for so little as I did. No one wins this round, GPU prices haven't improved. They've improved the performance, but also increased the price.
cool.

I've played on a single 28" or 26.5" for five years and have needed the extra performance.

I wish performance and costs would allow everybody to move to 2560 x 1600.

But we'll get there eventually.

Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:46 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 1998 - 2014, nV News.