Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-03-10, 06:28 PM   #109
Absolution
AbsoUI

Default Re: A little disappointed in Nvidia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bee_Dee_3_Dee View Post
cool.

I've played on a single 28" or 26.5" for five years and have needed the extra performance.

Well there you go. You have to stop assuming everyone can just blow $1000 every 6 months to upgrade their PC.

Most people buy midrange cards (~$200), which is really where the money is made. Most people have 19-24" monitors. Most people don't go SLI. That's why you're meeting so much resistance in this thread.

The super high end of the market is < %1 of the marketshare - which is why people are dissapointed, fermi doesn't do much for anyone outside that 1%.
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:37 PM   #110
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
Well there you go. You have to stop assuming everyone can just blow $1000 every 6 months to upgrade their PC.

Most people buy midrange cards (~$200), which is really where the money is made. Most people have 19-24" monitors. Most people don't go SLI. That's why you're meeting so much resistance in this thread.

The super high end of the market is < %1 of the marketshare - which is why people are dissapointed, fermi doesn't do much for anyone outside that 1%.
The ppl I play games with ask me all the time what to buy. Some of what I tell them is, "the big cards effect mid-range card prices more than anything. And that's a reason to follow them."

Before I ever got my first nV6xxx, I shopped the 6500GT. I got a 5700GT, traded it for a 6200 for AGP, and then traded that for a 6200 for PCI-E....

Long story short, shop High-End no matter what u want.
Bee_Dee_3_Dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:44 PM   #111
Absolution
AbsoUI

Quote:
The ppl I play games with ask me all the time what to buy. Some of what I tell them is, "the big cards effect mid-range card prices more than anything. And that's a reason to follow them."

Before I ever got my first nV6xxx, I shopped the 6500GT. I got a 5700GT, traded it for a 6200 for AGP, and then traded that for a 6200 for PCI-E....

Long story short, shop High-End no matter what u want.
I used to shop high end. I had an AMD FX-55 ($1000 CPU) 2GB of RAM (a lot back then) and a 6800GT (~$400?).

I sold the FX-55 for under $100, ram < half of what I bought it for, and the 6800 GT for probably $100. All after about a year.

I learned my lesson. I could have saved at LEAST $600 for a CPU within 10% of the top end. I could have put that money to an upgrade down the road (or multiple ones). [Though the 6800GT was a pretty solid card If memory serves me right].

Now: I had a 8800GTX->9800GTX through stepup. I bought a HD4890 for $124 and sold the 9800GTX for about $100. The HD4890 wipes the floor on 9800GTX for what? $25? This was over a year ago. Technically I would make money on my video card after a year's use if I sold it now. Not to mention I can play any game I want at my native res with max settings and 4xAA/8xAF. I really think AA/AF after those points are really diminishing returns.

Midrange is really where its at. You don't lose as much money if you upgrade regularly. You can then afford to upgrade more often.
Absolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 06:47 PM   #112
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absolution View Post
I used to shop high end. I had an AMD FX-55 ($1000 CPU) 2GB of RAM (a lot back then) and a 6800GT (~$400?).

I sold the FX-55 for under $100, ram < half of what I bought it for, and the 6800 GT for probably $100. All after about a year.

I learned my lesson. I could have saved at LEAST $600 for a CPU within 10% of the top end. I could have put that money to an upgrade down the road (or multiple ones). [Though the 6800GT was a pretty solid card If memory serves me right].

Now: I had a 8800GTX->9800GTX through stepup. I bought a HD4890 for $124 and sold the 9800GTX for about $100. The HD4890 wipes the floor on 9800GTX for what? $25? This was over a year ago. Technically I would make money on my video card after a year's use if I sold it now. Not to mention I can play any game I want at my native res with max settings and 4xAA/8xAF. I really think AA/AF after those points are really diminishing returns.

Midrange is really where its at. You don't lose as much money if you upgrade regularly. You can then afford to upgrade more often.
The only two cards I still have are the 8800GTX and the GTX295. Wat a pair!
Old 04-03-10, 08:10 PM   #113
shadow001

I bought my pair of HD5970's last november and to my surprise,they're still the fastest 2 card combination on the market,as there's no telling when a dual Fermi card will be released at this point,especially given the power and thermal issues involved in making a card like that,in order to directly challenge the HD5970 series for the top spot.
shadow001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 08:50 PM   #114
lee63
Classified

Quote:
cool.

I was only pointing out that his attitude was questionable.

You shouldn't expect a Mod to claim I'm posting garbage when I'm attempting to thwart angry sentiment.

Apparently he was nit picking one post of mine and had not read all in this thread. But still, why have a mod without a very good attitude. I've picked mods on forums before and if the individual in question shows a tendency towards a poor attitude I don't select them.
Notice I didn't quote you in my original post...so how was I nit picking you???? it just so happens that my post was under yours.

I think your the one with the questionable attitude....just because I have an ATi card in my sig you have a hissy fit and think I'm directing my thoughts at you.

I don't know who you are nor do I care...If you were gone tomorrow you wouldn't be missed, so go ahead and try me.
Old 04-03-10, 09:52 PM   #115
Bee_Dee_3_Dee
*BANNED*

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee63 View Post
Notice I didn't quote you in my original post...so how was I nit picking you???? it just so happens that my post was under yours.

I think your the one with the questionable attitude....just because I have an ATi card in my sig you have a hissy fit and think I'm directing my thoughts at you.

I don't know who you are nor do I care...If you were gone tomorrow you wouldn't be missed, so go ahead and try me.

Gosh Lee63 I just came close to breaking my arm when I fell out of my chair laughing.

Where did you get that from. Your unbelievable talent at comedy you you have just demonstrated... it is simply superlative, dude. There are no other words to describe it. Other than Fall Out Of Your Chair With A Parachute For Safety When Lee63 Speaks Humor.

Its its just so so funny. When did learn you had it. And is it a good thing the chair struck my arm when I fell out of my chair... for my sore arm has probably saved me dieing a death from a heart attack from laughing continuously for so so long.

Your just a Master of Humor. Right Lee63?

Don't hide it. Because your simply the best most funniest of all the people to have ever posted on the Net. I've never heard anything like you before Lee63. Thank you for the entertainment... I'm forever in your dept. I luv you a million times over for the happiness you've brought to me today. Thank you thank you thank you Lee63.

Old 04-03-10, 10:09 PM   #116
lee63
Classified

Quote:

Gosh Lee63 I just came close to breaking my arm when I fell out of my chair laughing.

Where did you get that from. Your unbelievable talent at comedy you you have just demonstrated... it is simply superlative, dude. There are no other words to describe it. Other than Fall Out Of Your Chair With A Parachute For Safety When Lee63 Speaks Humor.

Its its just so so funny. When did learn you had it. And is it a good thing the chair struck my arm when I fell out of my chair... for my sore arm has probably saved me dieing a death from a heart attack from laughing continuously for so so long.

Your just a Master of Humor. Right Lee63?

Don't hide it. Because your simply the best most funniest of all the people to have ever posted on the Net. I've never heard anything like you before Lee63. Thank you for the entertainment... I'm forever in your dept. I luv you a million times over for the happiness you've brought to me today. Thank you thank you thank you Lee63.

Good...well laugh at this.

Old 04-03-10, 10:16 PM   #117
methimpikehoses

owned!

Old 04-03-10, 11:15 PM   #118
Heinz68

It looks like he was little kid with not much brain. The rule on every Forum is NEVER go on challenge the Mod, sometime it is even written rule. His last reply was really dumb dumb.

Beside the mods on this forum are very reasonable, doing great job probably with not much rewards, if any.

OK Heinz that's enough, your nose is getting brown.

------------------------------------------------------------
Core i7 980X EE @ 4316 MHz 1.35V - Corsair Hydro Series H50
ASUS Rampage II Extreme - Corsair Dominator 1600MHz 12GB Triple-Channel
Sapphire HD 6990 - ATI TV Wonder 650 PCIe
Intel X25-M 160GB 34nm G2 SSD - Seagate Barracuda 1TB 32mb
Cosmos S Case - Corsair HX1000W PSU
Pioner Blu-ray Burner 6X BD-R - Westinghouse LVM-37w3, 37inch 1080p
Logitech G25 Racing Wheel - Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2
Sennheiser RS 180 - Windows 7 64-bit Pro
Heinz68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-10, 11:25 PM   #119
K007

lol..."laugh at this"....its like

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-10, 12:15 AM   #120
lee63
Classified

Nothing I said was directed at him..or anyone else for that matter (until he quoted me). I was referring to this thread in general.

It just seems like all the threads lately end up in a pissing match...that's all.

Toss doesn't seem upset in anyway, yet he is baited in this reply...the guy is a troll and I think everyone's a little tired of it.

http://www.nvnews.net/vbulletin/show...75&postcount=6