Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 200 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-05-10, 11:38 AM   #1
arad85

Default High quality video scaling...

Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the way to go with an HTPC build. The choice is between an ION based system, next gen ION based system or a passive 220 PCI-e card.

I see the newer cards have some new hardware for high quality video scaling. I have lots of SD material so would like the best possible picture. Other than just "taking it for granted" does anyone know of any reviews where an older 9xxx card has been tested against a newer 2xx card specifically in SD video upscaling? I'm pretty competent with google and have been looking for several hours with no success...

Thanks
Old 04-05-10, 12:18 PM   #2
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Default Re: High quality video scaling...

Quote:
Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
Hi all,

I'm trying to figure out the way to go with an HTPC build. The choice is between an ION based system, next gen ION based system or a passive 220 PCI-e card.

I see the newer cards have some new hardware for high quality video scaling. I have lots of SD material so would like the best possible picture. Other than just "taking it for granted" does anyone know of any reviews where an older 9xxx card has been tested against a newer 2xx card specifically in SD video upscaling? I'm pretty competent with google and have been looking for several hours with no success...

Thanks
Considering the upscaling algorithm is different for all software players out there, I'd say it depends more on the software than the hardware. Just make sure it supports CUDA.