Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-17-10, 07:39 AM   #1
Pellaeon

Default Confining the mouse pointer to the visible area with two different resolutions

I have two monitors in a TwinView configuration, one with a 1280x1024 resolution and one with a 1280x960 resolution. I have configured their relative position so that the bottom edges of both screens are aligned.

My problem is that the mouse pointer is not confined to the visible area. On the screen that is less tall than the other screen, the pointer can go beyond the top edge into the void. This is very annoying since it's the top edge, i.e. the edge where a maximized window has its title bar controls. Not being able to just slam the pointer against the edge makes aiming for the title bar buttons much more difficult.

Can I fix this somehow?
Pellaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-10, 04:43 PM   #2
Pellaeon

Default Re: Confining the mouse pointer to the visible area with two different resolutions

Bump ...
Pellaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 12:29 AM   #3
Dizzle7677

Default Re: Confining the mouse pointer to the visible area with two different resolutions

You'll have to investigate Xserver(or XInput) docs a little further on how to accomplish this, if you haven't already.
Dizzle7677 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 04:40 AM   #4
dura91

I have a similar problem: My main screen is connected through DVI and I got an AV receiver connected through HDMI. If I want HDMI audio output, I must enable two X screen, one for each plug, and of course the mouse can go out off the DVI screen which is an unpleasant side effect. For the moment, I found this: http://sidux.com/PNphpBB2-viewtopic-p-148041.html, I will give it a try this evening.
dura91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-10, 06:17 AM   #5
dura91

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/inde...t-1186068.html is probably the way to go for me. The idea is to make an invisible barrier between screens that the mouse can't cross, but I don't think that it's Pellaeon's goal. Combined with my previous post URL, it might be an easy way to make multiseat with only one video card.
dura91 is offline   Reply With Quote