Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 04-17-10, 05:03 PM   #73
mailman2
Ducking & Dodging

Default Re: GTA IV PC - Episodes from Liberty City and new patch details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Well I looked and my unpatched since day one game is still 1.1.1.0, so I dunno what the answer is there.
Run the patch and I would imagine it will either install or tell you its already patched. See if it runs smoother afterwards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Oh, if the whole world had only one neck for me to squeeze in my hands...
mailman2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 06:13 PM   #74
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Couple of issues I have with The Lost and the Damned. Number 1 seems to be the AI following you, they seem a lot dumber than GTA 4. The cops got stuck like 5 times just going half way across the city and I'd have to double back around to get them out of it. Biker Friends also get stuck and warp behind you.

Shooting seems worse in TLAD, unless you get a headshot the enemies take far too many bullets to kill. The weapons have low clips and bullet damage is low. Even the damn grenade launcher does not kill the Angels of Death in one shot. These guys have too much health. What's worse is they just keep sending waves. They made the combat long and boring if you ask me. I just run up behind them and shotgun them because the cover / shoot mechanic is dull.
Old 04-17-10, 07:42 PM   #75
Sean_W

I must say I prefer Just Cause 2 in many ways and it's just done better for the PC. Rockstar have really screwed up again with the PC version and patch.

Performance is bad and there are detached shadows that look like they make things float. At least Just Cause 2 go the shadows right first time.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-10, 08:33 PM   #76
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Finished the lost and the damned, can't say I enjoyed the ending of the story. Well it was hardly an ending at all

Jim dies and you find out from Ashley? Ashley still hooked on ICE and nothing happens there, You break into the prison and just kill Billy easily? Ray just leaves you alone? Wasn't a completed story if you ask me.

Although the end credits with clips from GTA 4 and TLAD was nice touch. Took me about 7 hours did like 1 gang war and 4 or 5 races. So not bad hour wise.

Edit: Flying the chopper in GTA 4 sucks so bad :/
Old 04-17-10, 11:43 PM   #77
jeffmd
Has a vegetation fetish

I havn't gotten the expansion yet (can't quite throw out the $29 for it yet) but ive been playing the patched GTA4 and loving it. The shadows look alot better (although the old shadow method still seemes to be used as night) and I dunno, overall lighting seems better (but not perfect, popup lighting is still there). I am running at medium textures with ~70 on both distance and detail settings, the frame rate is prolly lower then what many speed freaks would consider acceptable.. prolly inbetween 20-30 fps.

As for the choppers..I actually enjoy flying them alot. I use the keyboard, WASD for on stick and 8462 for the second stick. I can pull off some slick moves once I get into the groove of things. It was impossible for me to fly with the mouse.
Old 04-18-10, 05:01 AM   #78
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Edit: Flying the chopper in GTA 4 sucks so bad :/
Use the all-keyboard controls, much better surprisingly.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 05:53 AM   #79
Vardant

Wow, can't believe how much that patch helped, it went from 20 to 40 in some places.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-10, 06:36 AM   #80
Sean_W

Apparently the downloadable version gives better performance than the disk version and the visualSettings.dat is encrypted in the disk version.

Old 04-18-10, 08:05 AM   #81
FIXER

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
Couple of issues I have with The Lost and the Damned. Number 1 seems to be the AI following you, they seem a lot dumber than GTA 4. The cops got stuck like 5 times just going half way across the city and I'd have to double back around to get them out of it. Biker Friends also get stuck and warp behind you.

Shooting seems worse in TLAD, unless you get a headshot the enemies take far too many bullets to kill. The weapons have low clips and bullet damage is low. Even the damn grenade launcher does not kill the Angels of Death in one shot. These guys have too much health. What's worse is they just keep sending waves. They made the combat long and boring if you ask me. I just run up behind them and shotgun them because the cover / shoot mechanic is dull.
weapon damage in GTA IV is very low, and i was hating when i fill them with bulletholes, but they wont drop, or they just get up and i have to shoot them again, ****ing anoying, so last time i played GTA i went to weapons stats and double damage on all weapons
That way i took double damage from enemise, but i could also kill em with less bullets and add little reality in game.....
I will do that in EFLC if its that anoying
FIXER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-10, 04:35 AM   #82
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
Use the all-keyboard controls, much better surprisingly.
I suspect it would be, to fly properly with the mouse you have to constantly keep pushing the mouse forward like you are stroking one out. I'll try keyboard then if all else fails I'll get my 360 controller out.
Old 04-19-10, 08:48 AM   #83
Sean_W

GTA BOGT has the best night clubs ever. I just finished a mission in one and it looked amazing with loads of people in it and what sounds like a proper DJ.

Awesome atmosphere in the clubs.
Old 04-19-10, 03:19 PM   #84
mojoman0

gta iv only 7.50 from d2d right now

http://www.direct2drive.com/promos/spring-sale/
mojoman0 is offline   Reply With Quote