Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-04-10, 04:57 PM   #13
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: New screen shots of ID's Rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
And you people wonder why studios are worrying about you less and less.
We should just pretend it looks better I guess.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 05:17 PM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
We should just pretend it looks better I guess.
No, but you people are not pleased with anything. I guess this is the reason I hated Crysis... I put gameplay before graphics. I am so glad I can play a game that doesn't look very good and not just cry about the graphics constantly.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 05:30 PM   #15
Tygerwoody
mega ultra God Tit Lord

wow that looks good.

10 bucks says it doesn't look half that good upon release.
Tygerwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 05:46 PM   #16
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean_W View Post
The Anti-Aliasing looks too perfect for consoles to me.
Yes but you can still take pictures in a form of photomode for consoles am i right? Where you can have anti-aliasing or taking huge res screens and downsample them.. something like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dikinher View Post
The graphics do not look any better than CoD: MW2. Low resolution textures galore. Now I can see how they plan to make this game run 60fps on consoles.
Correction: the TEXTURES does not look much better than cod mw2 etc, but imo both the models the shadows and overall lighting looks lot better than the pretty average that is in MW2.
Old 05-04-10, 05:47 PM   #17
Viral
Registered User of Women

It looks ok besides the ground textures in the first few shots. Lighting in the last shot is very nice.

I'm a bit sick of the setting too, borderlands actually freshened it up with the cell shading look, but I still got sick of it there. I'm still pretty excited about this though.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 06:23 PM   #18
Amaury

yep, this definitely has dropped in graphics quality (textures and lighting). of course this was going to happen with id/carmack making sure it runs at a playable 30-60fps on the ps3 and 360. Too bad we have powerhouse DX11 GPUs without any Crysis killer type game on the horizon utilizing them.
Amaury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 07:52 PM   #19
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
No, but you people are not pleased with anything. I guess this is the reason I hated Crysis... I put gameplay before graphics. I am so glad I can play a game that doesn't look very good and not just cry about the graphics constantly.
Well, I am still planning to get the game, and I still think it looks decent, it just does not look as good as the earlier screens, which is somewhat disappointing.

And I am quite pleased with most games' graphics.. Splinter Cell Conviction looks nice. I play old games all the time, more than new ones, despite them looking much worse.

I liked Crysis for gameplay as much as graphics.

I just think these screens look meh compared to the amazing outside screens from a year ago.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 08:09 PM   #20
XxDeadlyxX
STALKER!!!!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by K007 View Post
wow...ultra low ress textures lol :<
Yeh, Doom 3.5 anyone?
Main PC [Core i7 980X @ 4.3GHz] [Gigabyte X58A-UD7] [7TB of HDDs] [2x Inno3D GTX 480 SLI @ stock] [12GB Team Xtreem 7-7-7-24 @ 1500mhz] [Antec 1200] [Alienware AW2310 (general use/3D Vision) and Samsung 46B650 @ 1080p24] [X-Fi Forte] [Pioneer Blu-ray BDC-S02] [Silverstone Strider 1500W] [Creative Gigaworks S750 7.1] [Windows 7 x64] 3DMark Vantage - 38010
XxDeadlyxX is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-04-10, 08:31 PM   #21
logan

Quote:
No, but you people are not pleased with anything.
Ok, Mr. Generalization.

This isn't any game... Rage is supposed to showcase id's new Tech 5. Shouldn't it blow people away? I expect to be blown away, but these screens aren't exactly spectacular. It sounds to me like they'll be stuck with this engine for a long while and if it doesn't deliver, they're going to fall even further behind Epic and UE.
logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 08:39 PM   #22
proliferazor
this won't hurt a bit

Graphics are not top of the line looking but the art design is nice, I like the way it looks. I'm more of a gameplay kinda person myself, we should wait for a few gameplay vids before making judgments.

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan View Post
Ok, Mr. Generalization.

This isn't any game... Rage is supposed to showcase id's new Tech 5. Shouldn't it blow people away? I expect to be blown away, but these screens aren't exactly spectacular. It sounds to me like they'll be stuck with this engine for a long while and if it doesn't deliver, they're going to fall even further behind Epic and UE.
Most devs are just keeping the status quo for consoles that's where the money is so there's not much point in developing a high powered graphics engine when they will make the most money just developing console graphic engines. Face it pc gaming is on its last leg unfortunately.
proliferazor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 08:43 PM   #23
Viral
Registered User of Women

To be fair it doesn't look to be anything engine specific that is letting it down. It's more so the usual console limitations rearing its ugly (pun unintended) head. Low res textures are a bi product of multiplatform games. The only other thing that I notice is low polycount on the ground objects, which is disappointing in this new era of tessellation - but hardly unsurprising given most current games aren't anywhere further along on this aspect.

Acer TravelMate 4002WNLCi: Pentium M 725 @ 1.6GHz | Mobility Radeon 9700/64MB | 2GB DDR400 | 15.4" WXGA
Viral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-10, 09:20 PM   #24
Destroy

PC version better damn well have a high res texture pack included in the game.

Vista64 Home Premium
Gigabyte GA-EP35C-DS3R
CPU E8500 with Corsair H50 cooler
HIS 6970, always 19x10res
Memory 8 Gig OCZ 1000@1024
Display Westinghouse 37" LVM-37w1 LCD monitor
Destroy is offline   Reply With Quote