Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 05-05-10, 04:23 PM   #25
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
It's a collection of about 10 patches. One of which contains the map editor.
Ah. Well I finally got to play a quick match against a "noob" but I got my butt handed to me. Apparently he was extremely good at SC1 and . . . . yeah . . .

I've got to add you guys to my friends list. I'm just "sixstorm". Let's play!
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 04:31 PM   #26
thor1182
Spelling Expert?!?

Got my beta key yesterday.

Love the visuals. Have to say though the game cooks my computer. was playing along and all of the sudden the heat warnings kicked on from the cooling system. First time I have seen it go above 50C on the video memory sensor.
-"Aqua 2": Water Cooled Intel i7 960, 12 GB DDR3 PC 12800, 3x Intel X-25-M 80 GB SSD RAID 0, SATA 1.5TB WD, EVGA GeForce GTX 470 Supper Clocked Water Cooled, ASUS P6X58D, Corsair 800D w/ Koolance cooling
thor1182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-10, 05:18 PM   #27
six_storm

Just FYI, the system just went down. Blizzard is releasing a service pack and hopefully it will be back up "soon". And just when I got time to sit down and play too . . .
Old 05-06-10, 04:17 PM   #28
DansFace

patch notes...

http://us.starcraft2.com/launcher/patch-notes.htm
for patch 11..
look at this phoenix video.... they are going to be too strong
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=31kSA...layer_embedded

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
DansFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 06:04 PM   #29
six_storm

After getting raped, I finally won three in a row. Wanna know how? I found that taking huge risk gets a win lol. I rush all my Zealots about 4 minutes into the game and I can take a good chunk out of the other's base. And OMG . . . Void Rays are the shiz.
Old 05-06-10, 06:55 PM   #30
Zelda_fan

BWAHAHA

Protoss got a pretty big buff (Terran got an even bigger one, but they needed it), and Zerg got a nerf. Brood Lord (zerg's strongest unit) got a big nerf.

Pheonix are not useless anymore. Nice.

Imho increasing the root time of Spore Crawler was a bad idea. Early in the game it's the only thing that the zerg can use to defend against a void ray rush. Now I'll crush them even more.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-10, 06:58 PM   #31
Zelda_fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by six_storm View Post
After getting raped, I finally won three in a row. Wanna know how? I found that taking huge risk gets a win lol. I rush all my Zealots about 4 minutes into the game and I can take a good chunk out of the other's base. And OMG . . . Void Rays are the shiz.
Starcraft is not a "hide in your base and amass your army" type game. It rewards being aggressive. You need to be constantly scouting the enemy and trying to counter his pushes. That's what makes it so unique.

Void Ray rush is almost unfair if you catch your enemy unprepared. Destroys every early unit in the game except about a half dozen marines. And if it's charged up watch out.
Old 05-06-10, 10:13 PM   #32
six_storm

Quote:
Quote:
After getting raped, I finally won three in a row. Wanna know how? I found that taking huge risk gets a win lol. I rush all my Zealots about 4 minu
Starcraft is not a "hide in your base and amass your army" type game. It rewards being aggressive. You need to be constantly scouting the enemy and trying to counter his pushes. That's what makes it so unique.

Void Ray rush is almost unfair if you catch your enemy unprepared. Destroys every early unit in the game except about a half dozen marines. And if it's charged up watch out.
I know that you are supposed to be aggressive, but that's where I get busted. Either I rush and get creamed, then have no one to defend my base, or I can be conservative and then get a nice rape surprise. I just suck at micro lol.

Sent from my Droid

Old 05-06-10, 11:17 PM   #33
DansFace

Quote:

you said it so well. Starcraft is not a "hide in your base and amass your army" type game. It rewards being aggressive. You need to be constantly scouting the enemy and trying to counter his pushes. That's what makes it so unique. :]

i5 2500k @ 5.0 GHZ cooled with a H70, ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3, CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) , Radeon 6970 2GB, X-Fi Music, and Corsair 650w
Old 05-06-10, 11:18 PM   #34
DansFace

come on guys lets play some games?

Old 05-07-10, 01:44 AM   #35
Zelda_fan

Quote:
I know that you are supposed to be aggressive, but that's where I get busted. Either I rush and get creamed, then have no one to defend my base, or I can be conservative and then get a nice rape surprise. I just suck at micro lol.

Sent from my Droid
You have to understand the opportune time to rush. And if you see something that will waste your army pull back and make the counters.

You need to memorize the build times of other races tech trees. For example, if you scout and see a Terran barracks throwing down a tech lab, and he's mining tons of gas... you can bet he's going to reaper rush you. So build stalkers, waste his reapers, then push into his base when you're done because at most he'll have a few marines and maybe a marauder. Teching into one tree early in the game means you don't have enough resources to get much of the other.

Set up choke points and attack his expansions. Don't let him get control of the map.

Oh yeah and learn to use hotkeys. Your micro will be 5x faster.
And watch replays of good games. You learn a lot from them.
Old 05-07-10, 11:32 PM   #36
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by thor1182 View Post
Got my beta key yesterday.

Love the visuals. Have to say though the game cooks my computer. was playing along and all of the sudden the heat warnings kicked on from the cooling system. First time I have seen it go above 50C on the video memory sensor.
make sure ure not using the 'fan shutdown' version of nvidia drivers.

Quote:
yea it's all about scouting, but all in tactics can work, but i hate all in tactics. i changed my tactics against protoss a lot now, sticking to 1 bass/fast tier 2 and double gas, and hit with hydra/roach/zerglings before they can build their timing push. also fast tier 2 = overlord speed....best scout unit eva lol.

Quote:
BWAHAHA

Protoss got a pretty big buff (Terran got an even bigger one, but they needed it), and Zerg got a nerf. Brood Lord (zerg's strongest unit) got a big nerf.

Pheonix are not useless anymore. Nice.

Imho increasing the root time of Spore Crawler was a bad idea. Early in the game it's the only thing that the zerg can use to defend against a void ray rush. Now I'll crush them even more.
Boord Lord nerf is no big deal, it still has the same dmg purpose, whats annoying is the fact that its the only seige 'type' weapon zerg has and its t3...compared to seige tanks/immortals and collossus (lance).

corrupter change is ****, should revert back (still needs a dmg buff against massive).

infestor change....is a big joke tbh, the reason behind it is so stupid....the ultralisk and void ray reasoning is pretty lols..

ultralisk still suck donky balls.

overall patch 11, protoss phoenix buff is....retarded. 3 phoenix > 8 multalisk, being able to fire while running backwards...with no micro needed.....

pheonix were never useless, noony proved that, people just never build it and use it correctly

i still can't believe how cheap force field is...50 energy / no research needed...
K007 is offline   Reply With Quote