Default Re: Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

grats Asians.

i7 930@3.8ghz on Noctua NH-U12P
Evga x58 LE
MSI GTX 480 formerly known as HIS HD5870
128 gig Crucial m4/80 gig Intel X25-M ssd/500 gb WD
750 watt Corsair TX
Coolermaster HAF-X

if my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour you're gonna to see some serious sh!t.
lIqUID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 12:01 AM   #39
K007

yay made it to gold league ><, it put me up against a platinum player for the last win lol, but yea i changed a lot of my strat doing a lot of tech switching, and as zerg....fe is not a 'must' early on.

K007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-10, 03:12 PM   #40
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm

I'm still in the copper league . . .
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 04:18 AM   #41
K007

I think i am ok to go into Plat, but i am probably mid to lower ranks in plat.

A lot of people just building the typical mmm / protoss timing push, then get brain freeze when i counter correctly / push early or expand across the map.

I really hate how Marauders are the "I Win" Unit in this game and Protoss "I Win" race.
Old 05-10-10, 01:14 PM   #42
six_storm

I'm getting real sick of the Zerg rush noobs out there. No matter how fast I build or which race I play (I hate playing as Zerg anyway), I always get raped with Zerglings. I've also blocked my entrances off using buildings and it still doesn't work. WTF Blizz?

I switched from playing Protoss all the time to Terran and I'm getting beat pretty bad. It seems like I play guys who want to build 20 of everything, then attack. I try to attack when I get the first 2 or 3 Zealots or Marines but they fail quick. I'll occasionally get someone who doesn't build as fast as me and I can beat them pretty easily.

I've also ran into at least 5 games where the opponent has some air units and I'm out of resources. Oh and all of my air units are dead. All I have are Maraduers or something that can't attack air units.
Old 05-10-10, 01:39 PM   #43
Vardant

Look at the build orders from platinum or some website, write it down and practice on the computer the first few minutes. Nothing else you can do.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-10, 01:57 PM   #44
Zelda_fan

Default Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

Six,

I play Protoss so I can't really help you play Terran, but a few things you should know.

If your playing a Zerg it's imperative you send out a probe-scout to see want he's doing. If he only has six or seven drones mining minerals and a spawning pool coming out - you can bet he's gonna six pool rush. If this is the case get a gateway up and chrono boost a zealot. Also consider putting a forge down and building a cannon. Cannon + 1 zealot = 6 pool owned. Position your zealot at the narrow entrance to the choke you made with your buildings and tell him to hold ground. And if the Zerg fails a six pool he's in a really bad position. Chrono boost some more zealots and rape his base.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 05-10-10, 02:12 PM   #45
six_storm

Just got done playing a TvZ game and I won. He tried to rush but luckily I had 2-3 marines in a bunker and it took care of the problem. He didn't push the rush so I took his butt out with Reapers. I love Reapers, cool units.
Old 05-11-10, 04:45 AM   #46
K007

lol who does 6 pool rushes ><....i hate all in strats.

the one thing terran need to watch out for is bane ling bust with speedlings then to muta/hydra.

Terran build MMM Ball should still get you to platinum pretty easy, its ridiculously strong against every race

if zerg fails the 6 pool rush, there is no coming back from it.

stim marines will rip air up
stim marauders will destroy anything in the ground and destroy buildings / defensive structures in 1 second
med will counter the hp loss by stim..

u can faceroll all the way to platinum with that start, so i suggest you start working on the mmm ball strat.
Old 05-11-10, 11:55 AM   #47
Zelda_fan

Default Starcraft 2 - JULY 27TH

It doesn't work against better players, but against people who try to tech fast and don't bother to build an army it's a great way of getting an early win.
Zelda_fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-10, 03:52 PM   #48
K007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda_fan View Post
It doesn't work against better players, but against people who try to tech fast and don't bother to build an army it's a great way of getting an early win.
hence...y i said you can facerolll upto platinum, after that you will need good micro/macro and timing.

mmm ball is very powerful and you see it a lot still used by the pro's, it still works in the top platinum as well.

people will usually do like a reaper rush or thorship then eventually fall back/push with mmm