Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA GeForce 400/500 Series

Newegg Daily Deals

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-18-10, 05:30 AM   #25
Eltigre88
ASUS Lover!!!
 
Eltigre88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Essex Jct. Vermont
Posts: 1,061
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Then why do you even enter a thread with the name SG/RGSSAA ?? if u dont know sh*t about the different types of anti-aliasing and supersampling/downsamplings.


I'm learning...
__________________
ASUS Sabertooth P67
Intel SB 2600K 4.4 GhZ
16 GB Gskill RipJaws DDR3 2133
MSI 680GTX Twin Frozr 4GD5/OC, Galaxy 680GTX 4GB GC SLI
Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
ThermalTake ToughPower 850W PSU
Windows 8 Pro 64bit
16076 3dMark11 score
Eltigre88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-10, 03:59 PM   #26
Soetdjuret
Teh lazy swede
 
Soetdjuret's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Svea
Posts: 1,982
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

This thread has stalled and i wont be posting until i get SSAA working!
__________________
R.I.P Stage6 | per haud Justiciá illic exsisto haud pacís...
Soetdjuret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 03:10 PM   #27
weeds
Registered User
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Posts: 390
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...p?p_faqid=2624
Quote:
Question
In the launch drivers for GeForce GTX 400 series GPUs, there was a bug in the Transparency Antialiasing implementation that enabled full-screen supersampling. Is there any way to still get full-screen supersampling in Release 256?

Answer
Yes. Release 256 drivers do fix the implementation of Transparency Antialiasing (TRAA) and now offer up to 25% performance improvements with TRAA enabled. However, since some of our gaming really enthusiasts liked the full-screen supersampling, we have created a tool for users that allows them to enable 2x, 4x, and 8x full-screen supersampling. You can download the tool "GeForce_SSAA_Tool.exe" from the File Attachments section below.
Nvidia Official "GeForce_SSAA_Tool.exe"
http://nvidia.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/n...700114&p_olh=0
__________________
AMD FX-60@2.85 | Asus A8N32-SLi DLX | Gskill F1-4000USU2-2GBHZ | EVGA 8800 GTS SLi @ 780/1944/1100 | WD RaptorX 150GB | Creative X-Fi Fatality FPS | Klipsch ProMedia Ultra 5.1 | Plextor 716SA DVD-RW | OCZ ProXStream 1000W| Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 2070SB | Lian-Li Pc-60 Modded | TT Hardcano 13 | Razer Copperhead Tempest | Saitek Eclipse II | XP Pro SP3
weeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-10, 09:02 PM   #28
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Yeah they fixed the full screen SSAA bug using TSAA, but the tool works like a charm. You can't use it on the fly, though, so set it to what you want and then run your games.

I've been using the SSAA bug in all of my games and without this tool I'd be going crazy. Age of Conan looked particularly bad without it due to all the shimmering, but with the tool set to 2xSSAA and the game set to 16QAA it looks excellent.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 08:27 AM   #29
tdream
Registered User
 
tdream's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 44
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Yeah they fixed the full screen SSAA bug using TSAA, but the tool works like a charm. You can't use it on the fly, though, so set it to what you want and then run your games.

I've been using the SSAA bug in all of my games and without this tool I'd be going crazy. Age of Conan looked particularly bad without it due to all the shimmering, but with the tool set to 2xSSAA and the game set to 16QAA it looks excellent.
That's cool that nvidia still allow SSAA. What kind of framerates are you getting and what resolution do you game at?
tdream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-10, 10:49 AM   #30
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdream View Post
That's cool that nvidia still allow SSAA. What kind of framerates are you getting and what resolution do you game at?
I'm pretty much capped at 60 fps in the old world but I actually had to drop the ingame AA down to 4x to keep frames at a decent clip in the new zones. Usually it's still in the 40's to 60, except for when I'm standing in a patch of grass like in Grasslands and then it drops to low's 30's or so. This is at 1920x1080.

I'd just turn it off completely in the new zones but the texture shimmering is horrible in AoC without SSAA.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 03:35 PM   #31
Bo_Fox
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Hey Bah!, are you really sure that it's Full-Scene SSAA, not just TR-SSAA? TSAA would be doing alpha-AA on millions of grass blades that covers the entire field, hence the severe performance hit.
Bo_Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-10, 11:07 PM   #32
Bah!
Registered User
 
Join Date: Aug 2002
Posts: 868
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Fox View Post
Hey Bah!, are you really sure that it's Full-Scene SSAA, not just TR-SSAA? TSAA would be doing alpha-AA on millions of grass blades that covers the entire field, hence the severe performance hit.
Yes, I'm sure. It's very noticeable with eliminating texture shimmering, which TSAA won't effect. Not to mention the fact that I can put the SSAA to x2 and then put my in-game AA to x2 and it looks better than putting the in-game AA to x16, which wouldn't be the case if it were just TSAA.

Oh, and the tool that Nvidia released is called Geforce_SSAA_tool and it reintegrates the bug that was in the previous drivers that made TSAA into SSAA. By using it, the Antialiasing Transparancy setting in the Nvidia CP will go from whatever TSAA setting you have (x2,x4,x8 ect.) to Custom, which applies the SG-SSAA.
Bah! is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-03-10, 02:59 AM   #33
jlippo
Registered User
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 532
Default Re: Fullscreen-SG/RGSSAA with Fermi via TRSSAA (OGL, D3D10/11)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bah! View Post
Oh, and the tool that Nvidia released is called Geforce_SSAA_tool and it reintegrates the bug that was in the previous drivers that made TSAA into SSAA. By using it, the Antialiasing Transparancy setting in the Nvidia CP will go from whatever TSAA setting you have (x2,x4,x8 ect.) to Custom, which applies the SG-SSAA.
It's quite nice with CSAA modes, something like 2SSAA, 2MSAA and 12 CSAA samples is quite nice.
jlippo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©1998 - 2014, nV News.