|06-08-10, 08:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Jun 2009
Toshiba Has Announced a 3D-ready Laptop Using 3D Vision
Toshiba has announced its first 3D-capable laptop and it is called Toshiba Dynabook TX/98MBL for the Japanese market and Toshiba Satellite A665 in Europe (and maybe in other regions). The laptop is equipped with a 120Hz LCD panel and uses Nvidia's 3D Vision active shutter glasses to provide stereoscopic 3D capabilities. Have in mind that Toshiba Satellite A665 will come in two versions, one without 3D capabilities and one with, so you have to be careful should you decide to go for it in order not to get the non-3D instead of the 3D-capable model. Both models should be available on the market during the third quarter of 2010 throughout Europe and Middle East, so Asus G51J/G51Jx 3D is still the only available mobile solution for 3D Vision for the moment that is currently on the market and it will be for some more time.
Toshiba Satellite A665 is using 15.6â?³ 120Hz LCD panel with LED backlight, resolution of 1366Ã?768 pixels and 200 cd/m2 brightness which should be OK for a mobile solution. Especially having in mind that the laptop will be based on a NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M GPU with 96 stream processors (CUDA cores) and 128-bit memory bus. The processor will be mobile Quad Core Intel Core i7, probably the i7-740QM (mentioned in the Japanese market model) which operates on 1.73GHz by default, but when using turbo boost can go up to 2.93GHz. So it should not be very different from what Asus is currently offering with their G51J 3D gaming laptops in terms of performance, and we can only hope to get better quality from Toshiba ' brighter display, higher viewing angles and less ghosting.
Toshiba Satellite A665 3D Vision model specifications:
- Intel Core i7 (Quad Core)
- RAM: up to 8 GB DDR3 (1066 MHz)
- 2.5â?³ HDD up to 750 GB (as of Aug. 2010) with HDD 3D impact sensor
- 39.6cm (15.6') TruBrite HD display (120 Hz) with LED backlighting, 1366Ã?768 pixels(16:9), 200 cd/m2
- Dedicated graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 350M, 1GB VRAM
- Blu-ray Disc rewritable drive, ready for playback of Blu-ray 3D Disc or DVD Super Multi drive (Double Layer)
- Bluetooth 2.1 +EDR, WLAN (802.11 b/g/n), Gigabit Ethernet LAN
- 3 x USB 2.0, 1x eSATA / USB combo port with Sleep-and-Charge and Multi-Card Reader, HDMI
- 1.3 MPixel Webcam with Face Recognition
- Sound: Harman Kardon stereo speakers, Line-In with Sleep-and-Music function, Dolby Advanced Audio
- Analog and DVB-T hybrid TV Tuner
- Toshiba Resolution+, Toshiba Media Controller, Toshiba LifeSpace, Toshiba PC Health Monitor
- Size: 380.5mm x 254mm x 28mm (front) / 35.6 mm (rear)
- OS: Windows 7 Home Premium (64bit)
- ENERGY STAR 5.0 qualified.
Related posts you might be interested in: