Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-12-10, 08:32 AM   #13
six_storm

Send a message via Skype™ to six_storm
Default Re: APB

It looks like a really cool game to me, BUT it's $50 right out and you only get 40-50 hours with that $50. Pay to play games suck IMO.
six_storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 12:30 AM   #14
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Man, this game could be so awesome were it not multiplayer only. I like the look and feel, but I just dislike MMO multiplayer too much to pay for it I suspect. Two examples why:

1) My second or third combat mission was to stop a gang from spray-painting a wall... I get there to see a cop and criminal just standing there talking on mic. I shoot the criminal and I hear someone yell at me "dude we're trying to figure the game out together, get the **** out of here." Immersion factor? -1,000,000.

2) I boot up into the social area for the first time to see someone in pink clothes with the word "FAG" written on the back simulating a BJ on everyone who enters the area, with people joining in. Got a pic of it, though sadly not the epithet:

I just don't know how to enjoy being immersed in a game with all this ridiculous crap.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 12:41 AM   #15
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Not sure how you can be that immersed in a game that has cartoon drawings that require input from a keyboard and mouse, either :\.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-10, 01:04 AM   #16
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Not sure how you can be that immersed in a game that has cartoon drawings that require input from a keyboard and mouse, either :\.
Well, I feel sorry for you then.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Old 06-13-10, 01:28 AM   #17
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

APB could be the biggest flop in mmo history.
Old 06-13-10, 03:04 AM   #18
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
APB could be the biggest flop in mmo history.
It's actually really fun, and the people I have been playing with seem to love it. I just dislike the normal MMO/Online crap, but I know I am near alone on that score.

I played with some good people for 2 whole hours though and had a good amount of fun. It's definitely got some rough spots though.

Old 06-13-10, 10:12 AM   #19
Sgt_Pitt

yeah i was in the euro beta, it was pretty unplayable due to lag from australia, trying to drive a car in 300-500 ping is impossible.

The game has some pretty good customisation features, and you have to expect with so many that there will be aholes abusing the system. I'm sure the devs would clean em out by banning them.

I saw some really good looking clothes and cars during beta, people are really creative with the tools they provide, but thats pretty much what the game is, a big sandbox for creative people.

The combat was pretty average as i often got matched against people way too pimped out for my crappy guns, but i hear they changed the way the game creates matches.

i give the game a 6/10 due to lag and average combat.
Old 06-13-10, 05:48 PM   #20
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Yeah, the combat and goals are rather plain... no location-based damage is a major WTF. I'm not going to buy it, but I enjoyed my 5 hours.

Old 06-17-10, 06:41 AM   #21
ragejg
nV News Alumni

Send a message via AIM to ragejg

I just got the beta installed last night and played a little bit. Cool UI, decent gameplay, chinzy graphics.

I'll post a more thorough evaluation once I've played it more.

2010-2011 Reviews: GTX 570 | GTX 580 | GTS 450 | GTX 460 | GTX 465
Pre-2010 Reviews: 6600 GT | XMS 4400 DDR | SilenX Cooler | 6800 | 5900 XT | Personal Cinema | 5900 NU

Phenom II x6 1090t @ 4.0 ghz | Asus M498TD-EVO Am3 SLI nForce 980a | 2x EVGA GTX 560 SLI | 2x4gb DDR3-1333 | Antec EarthWatts EA650 PSU | 60gb Mushkin Calisto Enhanced Sandforce SSD | 2x WD2500KS RAID 0 | Sunbeam Tuniq 3 case | 24" Asus 19x10 LED LCD | 26" Panasonic 720p TV | Sidewinder X5 mouse | Logitech MX5500 & Revolution mouse | Altec Lansing 5.1 THX-Certified audio | Win 7 Ultimate | desk | couch

ragejg is offline   Reply With Quote