Go Back   nV News Forums > Hardware Forums > Benchmarking And Overclocking

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 11-04-03, 04:14 PM   #25
The Baron

Meh, guess it was the 52.xx series. I can't keep it all straight.
Old 11-04-03, 04:23 PM   #26
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by dan2097
StealthHawk: could you see whether anti detect has any effect on aquamark 3 on the 44.03, 45.23 and 51.75 drivers?
As I've been saying for the past few weeks, "stay tuned"

There are a lot of things I'm looking at, and once all the results are compiled, I still have to do some analysis, which will take time. Additionally, based on results and some unscientific analysis, I have some new tests I want to run which will test some of my new theories that have arisen.
Old 11-04-03, 04:27 PM   #27
Sazar
Sayonara !!!

are you going to post any short avi's like mike did to show mipmap transition ? ie to show boundaries.. or lack thereof... in in-game situations ?
Sazar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-03, 04:35 PM   #28
StealthHawk

Quote:
Originally posted by Sazar
are you going to post any short avi's like mike did to show mipmap transition ? ie to show boundaries.. or lack thereof... in in-game situations ?
Several things about that:

1) time consuming
2) too much bandwidth to host video files
3) which games to test; will people complain about games selected?

I myself do not really see any mipmap banding due to brilinear filtering. Or rather, I see "something," but I'm not really sure if it is mipmap banding or not. If it is mipmap banding it is very faint. Brilinear filtering definitely does lead to poorer mipmap transitions, though.

Of course it all depends on your eyes, and your brain. Some people are not very observant. Some people are very observant. Most people aren't too observant. I am willing to concede that the great majority of people will not notice a difference between trilinear and brilinear, but that doesn't matter to me, since I can see a difference.