Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-14-10, 03:24 PM   #13
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Default Re: Microsoft partners with Crytek for 360 exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
If it really is Xbox only, which again is an assumption at this point, then people have a right to be pissed they are losing a game from a treasured studio on their platform. Acting like it is a betrayal is a little over the top, but it makes sense to be annoyed or frustrated.
Why? They have Crysis 2 heading to PC and is going to be superior version. Also those are the ones (well, not all) who didn't support Crytek with first Crysis or even Warhead. It didn't sell as much as it should so they should at least understand Crytek's going multi-platform to keep business going.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:28 PM   #14
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Why? They have Crysis 2 heading to PC and is going to be superior version. Also those are the ones (well, not all) who didn't support Crytek with first Crysis or even Warhead. It didn't sell as much as it should so they should at least understand Crytek's going multi-platform to keep business going.
I agree with you on this. People complain about stuff being "consolized", but they really need to understand it from a business perspective. Businesses like money.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:45 PM   #15
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaitoSan View Post
Okay, first off the original Crysis sold well, it just didn't make the PC gaming scene boom to millions of hardcore users, which is crazily enough what Crytek expected.

Second, I am not complaining about multiplatform development, only exclusives.

Third, multiplatform development does have negatives, like not taking advantage of PC abilities or being focused on a more mainstream audience.

Fourth, people are always going to be unhappy when you show them something and then say "you can't have it." For PC-only gamers, that is something console exclusives are doing. It's not always as simple as saying "well buy an Xbox" because unlike Xbox versus PS3, the platforms are so different it really is a culture-shift.

Lastly, again, we do not know this is exclusive for reals.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:46 PM   #16
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
I agree with you on this. People complain about stuff being "consolized", but they really need to understand it from a business perspective. Businesses like money.
Very few people do not understand the business reasons at work... I don't see how understanding that means you aren't pissed about losing a game or developer however.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 03:56 PM   #17
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intel17 View Post
Oh joy! Thanks, Microsoft and Crytek!

Not going to buy Crysis 2. Done.
+1

I didn't buy the first one because i knew that it was going to happen.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 04:04 PM   #18
Intel17
Is not an Intel fanboi

It's just people like me and most of us here at nVnews spend all this money upgrading our computers, buying these games legitimately, and then the developers, who now all have technology that runs on all three platforms, choose explicitly to make exclusives for platforms that they have YET TO RELEASE A GAME ON. Meh.
Intel Core i7 980X Extreme Edition @ 4.00GHz, 2.94GHz uncore| Corsair H60 | ASUS P6X58D-E | Zotac GTX 580 @ 872/1744/2145|Western Digital Caviar Black 1.5TB (Games/Steam)| Seagate 1.5TB (media/misc.) |Seagate 1 TB (OS/Main) | 24 GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1.5V DDR3-1333 | Creative X-Fi Titanium | Sennheiser HD 202 Headset | Dual Gigabit Realtek LAN | Antec True Power Quattro 1200W | Acer G235Hbmbd 23" LCD Display | Logitech K320 Wireless Keyboard | Logitech Performance MX Mouse
Intel17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 04:07 PM   #19
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
+1

I didn't buy the first one because i knew that it was going to happen.
Amazing logic.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 04:15 PM   #20
dikinher
Grab em!

Since the game is codenamed "Kingdoms" I am pretty sure we saw a taste of it in the old Cryengine 3 demo presentation.

Skip to 2:25 of this video.

Old 06-14-10, 04:18 PM   #21
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
I know, but I like the idea of the consumer having the last say. If only people were rational and voted with their money instead of being herded around like sheep. Not that I'm any better, but I like to think that I am.
they still do, if they would grow a ****ing brain and stop buying RROD_boxes.
Old 06-14-10, 04:34 PM   #22
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Okay, first off the original Crysis sold well, it just didn't make the PC gaming scene boom to millions of hardcore users, which is crazily enough what Crytek expected.

Second, I am not complaining about multiplatform development, only exclusives.

Third, multiplatform development does have negatives, like not taking advantage of PC abilities or being focused on a more mainstream audience.

Fourth, people are always going to be unhappy when you show them something and then say "you can't have it." For PC-only gamers, that is something console exclusives are doing. It's not always as simple as saying "well buy an Xbox" because unlike Xbox versus PS3, the platforms are so different it really is a culture-shift.

Lastly, again, we do not know this is exclusive for reals.
Crysis sold very poor on launch and in overtime it sold over 1 million. Crytek was hoping to sell more due to huge hype about it with incredible graphics, and all that hardcore gamers been asking for. But the end result? Most of them complained it ran so slow and all that crap. Okay, so what do exactly do they want? Crytek made game for them and then they complained.

AND it was a PC exclusive. XBOX 360 or PS3 will never see it on their console ever. We were okay with that. Maybe some were disappointed but that's pretty much. We didn't see any complains on this board about it. We had our own exclusives so I think it's fair to have exclusives for different platforms like PC. PS3 does too. Why can't XBOX 360 have some (they really do need some actually). If the idea of exclusives are out, one console's going to die while other console with better port will continue to live. PC will still going and then there'll be less competition going on. Exclusives can be good and helps keep their consoles or PC alive. Also some developers like exclusives because usually they get paid more in advance or get funded for their projects.

Multi-platform development do have some negatives but not every PC gaming is hardcore like you guys with uber rig, high end gpu, whatever. You'll be surprised there's still so many people with low to med end rig, some with onboard gpu and can't run games at highest setting. There's small scale of gamers who are hardcore so the fault isn't always on consoles. Other developers actually put attempt to create superior ports for PC like GTAIV, GoW1, Assassin Creed, Halo 2, and few others with higher resolution textures, new graphical features and new contents... but as usual, people still complain or doesn't sell well. It's hard.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 04:41 PM   #23
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
they still do, if they would grow a ****ing brain and stop buying RROD_boxes.
Have to quote Mr hunt for that one nekro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Amazing logic.
Old 06-14-10, 04:49 PM   #24
Sean_W

Quote:
Very few people do not understand the business reasons at work... I don't see how understanding that means you aren't pissed about losing a game or developer however.
Exactly. The excuse is 'it's business' but gamers' expect game houses to give them games and exclusivity is a bad thing for gamers.

If you happen to have that platform them great but exclusive games are only good for making lots of money, that's no good for the gamers. Do gamers get a better game by exclusiveness? No. Do gamers get it cheaper? No. Do gamers benefit from there being a big EA or Microsoft logo on their game? No.

Personally, I cannot think of one good reason why exclusive deals are good for gamers because that's what it should be all about.
Sean_W is offline   Reply With Quote