Old 06-14-10, 05:23 PM   #26
Ancient76
S.T.A.L.K.E.R.

Default Re: Microsoft partners with Crytek for 360 exclusive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Amazing logic.
Principles, not logic.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Core 2 Duo E8400 4.2GHz / Zalman CNPS7000B-AlCu
Asus P5Q Pro
Kingston DDR2 / 2x2GB
MSI 5850 Twin Frozr II
ASUS 22" VW220T
Seagate Barracuda 320GB SATA II
Corsair HX620W
Sharkoon Rebel 9
Ancient76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 05:24 PM   #27
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ancient76 View Post
Principles, not logic.
Your principles told you to not buy a game years ago, because at the end of 2010... Crytek would make games on consoles?
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 05:37 PM   #28
FastRedPonyCar
Resident Tire Destroyer

Send a message via AIM to FastRedPonyCar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Hunt View Post
Your principles told you to not buy a game years ago, because at the end of 2010... Crytek would make games on consoles?
Exactly

I swear this forum is filled with the most irrational vaginas I've ever seen. If there is a good game out, I'm going to buy it and enjoy it on whatever console or platform it happens to be on.

God of war? Fire up the PS3. Gears or Halo? 360 it is. Half life? Jump on steam.

If I have a choice, I'll either see which one looks/performs best (like how red dead looks a bit better on 360)

but not buying games (whether they're smash hits or garbage) should be based on if the game is actually good or not, not the financial and business decisions a company makes. That's grade A retard logic (oxymoron I suppose)
4770k @ 4.45 ghz - ASUS Gryphon Mobo - 16 gigs Corsair Vengeance Pro 1866 RAM - XSPC Rasa 750 RS240 H2o Cooling - EVGA GTX 680 @1325mhz - 128 gig Crucial RealSSD C300 - 150 gig Velociraptor +2.75 Terrabytes of WD Sata 3.0 storage - 910 watt PC P&C PSU - Corsair Obsidian 650D case

- Server -
Core I7 D0 revision 920 @ 3.75 ghz - ASUS P6T Deluxe - 12 Gigs Mushkin DDR3 1600 - Corsair HX 620 PSU - Noctua NH-U9B cooler - Coolermaster WaveMaster Case

- Laptop -
MSI 16F2-012
- i7 2630QM - GTX570m @ 750Mhz - 8 gigs HyperX 1866 - 120 gig OCZ Vertex 3 SSD- 750 gig Scorpio Black - BluRay - 95% Gamut Screen - IC Diamond goop
FastRedPonyCar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 05:43 PM   #29
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by sammy sung View Post
Have to quote Mr hunt for that one nekro
that is different, xbox 360 was defective by design, yet people kept buying new one even if they already had few broken units in past.

would you keep buying same car if you had same models in past and all 3 would break down because of snapped axe?
Old 06-14-10, 06:01 PM   #30
NaitoSan
Student @ DigiPen

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
that is different, xbox 360 was defective by design, yet people kept buying new one even if they already had few broken units in past.
Most of them didn't have to pay anything to replace their dead unit for new unit if they have sort of replacement plan with retailers or Microsoft took care of them. So they don't really lose anything.

Also people may have many friends they play with in Xbox Live so it's other reason why they keep getting new units even if it might RROD on them. Yeah it's a lot of work involved but you'd do the same with TV, car parts, PC parts, etc. as long it doesn't cost you anything but time. It's no different.

Desktop: Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 3.6GHz | ASUS P5K Deluxe/WiFi-AP | 4GB G.Skill F2-6400PHU1 @ 800MHz 4-4-3-5 | EVGA GeForce 8800 GTX 768MB | Western Digital Raptor X 150GB | Samsung 32" HDTV | Windows 7 Professional x64

Note: English is my second language so please bear with my grammar!
NaitoSan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 06:10 PM   #31
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post

would you keep buying same car if you had same models in past and all 3 would break down because of snapped axe?
Oh please,ofc i would if the car was fun to drive and didn't force me to upgrade every year just to make it competetive and to get me were i wanted to go without slowing down to a crawl when the traffic became congested.If the manufacturer replaced it if it broke down AND paid for the shipping back and forth i'd be a moron if i didn't (or someone on a dumbass vendetta against the manufacturer and calling the car gearbox of death )

Get real nekro,like pony said,i play the games i like,the games i want to on any format i want.I had my 360 for 3 years,it broke down once and ms replaced it within a week and it didn't cost me a dime.Sure,they ****ed up the cooling but i'd have to call you a lying polack if you claimed they didn't do good on their warranty many times over by now.
Old 06-14-10, 07:01 PM   #32
Nitz Walsh

"Whining" about exclusives?

Yes, just buy a 360. And a PS3. And a Wii.

Great solution. Sure, you're out close to $1000 - and this is with todays prices, god forbid you bought them near launch.

That about as "rational" as shrugging your shoulders if a game required an ATI or Nvidia board, it could only run that exclusive game and no others, and it would only do in a lower resolution and worse framerate than any of your other games.

Yes, it's the console business. But it's hardly "irrational" for PC gamers to not like it. It's a false economy - MS and Sony have to get back those billions they've lost on their latest attempts to control the living room, so they nickel and time you to death and lock away content. It's perfectly reasonable to not want this as a PC gamer, especially when the hardware you already own could very likely play the same game with far better aesthetics and performance.

Oh, my 360 bit the dust recently. Since it's not a RROD though and beyond 1 year, no warranty coverage. Wee, proprietary hardware for the win once again.
Nitz Walsh is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-14-10, 07:15 PM   #33
sammy sung

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitz Walsh View Post
"Whining" about exclusives?

Yes, just buy a 360. And a PS3. And a Wii.

Great solution. Sure, you're out close to $1000 - and this is with todays prices, god forbid you bought them near launch.

That about as "rational" as shrugging your shoulders if a game required an ATI or Nvidia board, it could only run that exclusive game and no others, and it would only do in a lower resolution and worse framerate than any of your other games.

Yes, it's the console business. But it's hardly "irrational" for PC gamers to not like it. It's a false economy - MS and Sony have to get back those billions they've lost on their latest attempts to control the living room, so they nickel and time you to death and lock away content. It's perfectly reasonable to not want this as a PC gamer, especially when the hardware you already own could very likely play the same game with far better aesthetics and performance.

Oh, my 360 bit the dust recently. Since it's not a RROD though and beyond 1 year, no warranty coverage. Wee, proprietary hardware for the win once again.
As if PC gamers (myself included) is not used to paying big bucks to continue gaming,i could have gotten 2 consoles for the price i paid for the 8800 gtx i got at launch.For me though thats beside the point,i like the casual aspect of console gaming and i like the ease of it,i don't have to sit at my desk to play it.Theyre different in so many ways theyre hard to compare,more how theyre used than content perhaps.I however love both.
Old 06-14-10, 08:07 PM   #34
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastRedPonyCar View Post

but not buying games (whether they're smash hits or garbage) should be based on if the game is actually good or not, not the financial and business decisions a company makes. That's grade A retard logic (oxymoron I suppose)
I disagree. What if the business decision is to charge $60 for the game? Or to only release half the game and sell the rest as DLC? Just because a company wants to ram you up the A-hole doesn't mean you have to bend over and spread your cheeks.
Old 06-14-10, 09:34 PM   #35
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero

I don't want to play every game ever... I find it amusing when people are like "OMG what if Red Dead Redemption never comes to PC? How can you pass it up?" It's easy, I will play something else. I don't have the freaking time to play all the PC games I buy, let alone adding the 360 and PS3 catalogs on top of that... I would never finish any game ever.

This idea that it makes me irrational or a fanboy to stick to my preferred platform is dumb as hell. Magus told me once "I'm not a PC gamer, I am a gamer, so I play on all platforms." Well good for you buddy, but I don't have the time... that's what it comes down to, and if I am going to limit myself to one or two platforms you bet your ass the PC is the main one.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 09:38 PM   #36
Mr. Hunt
Rectal Gravy Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarcissistZero View Post
I don't want to play every game ever... I find it amusing when people are like "OMG what if Red Dead Redemption never comes to PC? How can you pass it up?" It's easy, I will play something else. I don't have the freaking time to play all the PC games I buy, let alone adding the 360 and PS3 catalogs on top of that... I would never finish any game ever.

This idea that it makes me irrational or a fanboy to stick to my preferred platform is dumb as hell. Magus told me once "I'm not a PC gamer, I am a gamer, so I play on all platforms." Well good for you buddy, but I don't have the time... that's what it comes down to, and if I am going to limit myself to one or two platforms you bet your ass the PC is the main one.
I don't want to play every game ever, either... but from what I gathered you were VERY interested in Red Dead Redemption. I don't see why you would pass it up purely because of what system it was on.
Mr. Hunt is offline   Reply With Quote