Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-14-10, 10:50 PM   #1
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Default Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) by Criterion Games Announced (PC, PS3, RROD_Box)

During their E3 press conference, Electronic Arts has announced Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) which is being developed by Criterion Games, the games known from the Burnout games. Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will be released for PC, RROD_Box, PlayStation 3 and Wii on November 16 in North America, hitting Europe on November 18 and 19.

This November, Need for Speed Hot Pursuit will transform online racing by bringing to life the adrenaline and intensity of high speed cop pursuits and changing the way that people connect and compete with their friends.

Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is being developed by Criterion Games, the developers behind the critically-acclaimed Burnout racing series. These renowned innovators are redefining action racing by delivering an experience that connects players through intense competition whether playing online together or taking on friends’ challenges.

At the heart of Need for Speed Hot Pursuit is a suite of connected features called Need for Speed Autolog that enables players to connect, compare and compete with their friends effortlessly.
Exotic cars on the open road, the rush of the escape, the thrill of the takedown - this is Need for Speed Hot Pursuit.

Key Features:
* Career - For the first time in Need for Speed history, players will experience the gripping and heart-racing action of both cops and racers. Hot Pursuit seamlessly links a tremendously deep and fully-defined single player career with a groundbreaking multiplayer experience across all race modes. In the end, whether playing online with friends, taking on friends challenges or the single player career, players will earn bounty that levels them up and unlocks new cars, weapons and equipment.
* Need For Speed Autolog - In Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, your friends drive your gameplay experience. Need for Speed Autolog is a revolutionary system that connects friends directly to each other’s games, enabling them to compare and share all their experiences, pictures and challenges. Need for Speed Autolog instinctively delivers challenges based on what your friends have been doing, creating a hugely dynamic, socially competitive experience.
* Weapons and Equipment - Enhance the intensity of the pursuit using multiple weapons as the heat level increases during a pursuit. Whether taking down suspects with a variety of cop weapons or using evasion equipment as a racer to outsmart the cops, players will always have a method for gaining an edge over their opponent.
* Cars - In Hot Pursuit, the cars go from hot to hotter. Experience the thrill of driving the world’s most desirable high performance cars at incredible speeds. Feel the power of busting suspects in supercharged cop interceptors like the Lamborghini Reventon or outsmarting the law as a racer in high performance supercars like the Pagani Zonda Cinque.
* Seacrest County - Explore a world as diverse as the California coastline with desert, forest, seaside and mountainous regions. The open world of Seacrest County is designed to create the most intense pursuit experiences ever found in a racing game.

http://www.ggmania.com/?smsid=29194

Old 06-14-10, 11:02 PM   #2
NarcissistZero
Loving Everything Me

Send a message via AIM to NarcissistZero
Default Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) by Criterion Games Announced (PC, PS3, RROD_Bo

Looks good and I trust Criterion.
I gots one of them high powered gaming computers with an EVGA GTX 480 video thingy and a Q9550 processing device and also one of them Windows 7 64 operating programs with 4GB of some Corsair 1033 DDR2 ram.

Steam, Xbox Live and PSN: StingingVelvet
NarcissistZero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-10, 11:19 PM   #3
bob saget

Send a message via MSN to bob saget Send a message via Yahoo to bob saget
Default Re: Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010) by Criterion Games Announced (PC, PS3, RROD_Bo

I have been waiting for a decent NFS game since NFS:HP2. I think I am one of like 3 people that liked it , but for me, that game was epic. Still have original CD....
bob saget is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 12:44 AM   #4
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

I used to love NFS:HP on the original Playstation. I played it split screen with my friend and we were always the cops. it was loads of fun.
Old 06-15-10, 01:43 AM   #5
Vardant

Can't tell that much just from the trailer, but I was expecting something new from Criterion.
Vardant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 02:45 AM   #6
Redeemed

I just orgasmed...

Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 02:49 AM   #7
bob saget

ewww, remind me never to buy your keyboard.....
Old 06-15-10, 03:24 AM   #8
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

Sounds more like HP2/ Blur / Burnout than HP1 :: Weapons? I remember HP being about Exotic cars and equally exotic Police cars and that's it.
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-10, 03:31 AM   #9
bob saget

I want:

-closed tracks
-minimum traffic
-exotics
-cops + air support dropping barrels
Old 06-15-10, 03:33 AM   #10
Redeemed

Quote:
Originally Posted by crainger View Post
Sounds more like HP2/ Blur / Burnout than HP1 :: Weapons? I remember HP being about Exotic cars and equally exotic Police cars and that's it.
HP1 had spike strips and road blocks from what I remember.
Redeemed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 03:40 AM   #11
crainger

Send a message via AIM to crainger

That's normal police equipment, and was used within reason, I'm guessing will will see power ups on the road like Blur and Wipeout. Kinda ruins the classic Need for Speed feel they apparently keep claiming to capture. ::
crainger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 04:39 AM   #12
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

yeah maybe they are going down the blur / split/second route and making the action more OMG AMAZING by allowing you to destroy stuff.