Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-15-10, 02:45 PM   #25
JohnDio

Default Re: Sniper: Ghost Warrior

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
runs like crap! but that's because my core clock won't go above 400mhz??? no 3d clocks .... im using 257.21 WHQL
Enable AFR2 for this game from the Control Panel which enables SLI. There isn't any SLI profile for this game yet in the drivers . I have minimum 44fps at 1600x1200 + 4xAA + Max settings from the config file. I'm sure with proper SLI support we'll get constant 60fps but untill then, go for AFR2!
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 02:53 PM   #26
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDio View Post
Enable AFR2 for this game from the Control Panel which enables SLI. There isn't any SLI profile for this game yet in the drivers . I have minimum 44fps at 1600x1200 + 4xAA + Max settings from the config file. I'm sure with proper SLI support we'll get constant 60fps but untill then, go for AFR2!
sorry i should have mentioned i'm only running one gpu at the moment, however i got my 3d clocks back. doesnt run to bad for a beta. min35 fps average 45 and a high of 55-60.

2048x1152
4xAA 16xAF
max ingame settings.

kinda of a neat game. im playing on easy and i find it hard as hell! DX9 only though ... atleast i dont see a DX10 setting. however, it looks good for a DX9 game.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 05:28 PM   #27
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
sorry i should have mentioned i'm only running one gpu at the moment, however i got my 3d clocks back. doesnt run to bad for a beta. min35 fps average 45 and a high of 55-60.

2048x1152
4xAA 16xAF
max ingame settings.

kinda of a neat game. im playing on easy and i find it hard as hell! DX9 only though ... atleast i dont see a DX10 setting. however, it looks good for a DX9 game.
Old 06-15-10, 05:37 PM   #28
LurkerLito

I am trying it on the hardest difficulty, but let me say the AI is terrible in the sense that they can see you really easily. I am behind a large plant in prawn mode with a gully suit on and in some tall grass and not moving and yet they can see me from about 40-50' as if I was standing there in a neon shirt. The check point I am at feels even more exposed yet they are walking past me as if I am invisible. There doesn't seem to be any indicator on if you are visible so it's just a guessing game as to if you are properly in cover. I'll give it a try on an easier difficulty, but so far it is a very poor excuse for a sniper game IMO.

Main PC: Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe ; Intel i7-3770k ; GSkill Ripjaws X Series 16GB DDR3 2133 (2x8GB) ; Seasonic X Series X-1050 PSU ; Corsair H100 ; EVGA GTX-670 ; Mushkin 240GB SSD system drive
Old PC: ABIT IP35 Pro ; Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 ; Patriot 6GB (3x2GB) DDR2 800 RAM ; EVGA GTX480 SC ; Antec P190 Case ; EnzoTech Ultra120 CPU Cooler
LurkerLito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 05:40 PM   #29
Blade
It's just a ride....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
I am trying it on the hardest difficulty, but let me say the AI is terrible in the sense that they can see you really easily. I am behind a large plant in prawn mode with a gully suit on and in some tall grass and not moving and yet they can see me from about 40-50' as if I was standing there in a neon shirt. The check point I am at feels even more exposed yet they are walking past me as if I am invisible. There doesn't seem to be any indicator on if you are visible so it's just a guessing game as to if you are properly in cover. I'll give it a try on an easier difficulty, but so far it is a very poor excuse for a sniper game IMO.
There's your problem.
Old 06-15-10, 06:03 PM   #30
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Old 06-15-10, 06:04 PM   #31
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
if i have time later i'll post some.
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-10, 06:08 PM   #32
JohnDio

Quote:
Originally Posted by LurkerLito View Post
There is an indicator (a bar actually) next to the icon that shows if you are crouching/kneeling/walking
JohnDio is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-15-10, 06:36 PM   #33
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Buggy game - got stuck after I got a mission failure at the same time I completed an objective. More sneaking around than sniping in this one, which makes for some pretty boring game play unless they crank it up a notch for the retail version.
Not worth 30$ imho.
Old 06-15-10, 07:02 PM   #34
|MaguS|

To everyone surprised about the quality of the game, you must have ignored Nekros post... he warned you that it was a budget developer.
Old 06-15-10, 08:12 PM   #35
|MaguS|

What a horrible POS this game is. The demo forces you to sneak and the game makes sneaking so bad. The enemies have binocular vision and to make matters a worse, a game like this that NEEDS lean lacks it completely... Stupid console port... wait no console version... um

It's not a horrible looking game but its not a very pretty one either.

Anyway, here are some shots. I even tossed one in with me looking through a rock since thats the only way to see enemy positions.

Old 06-15-10, 08:18 PM   #36
nekrosoft13
I'm Geralt

Quote:
Originally Posted by |MaguS| View Post
To everyone surprised about the quality of the game, you must have ignored Nekros post... he warned you that it was a budget developer.
guess people don't read. their games in Poland sell for 20-50zl, so about 6-15 dollars for new title, you can't expect much.