Go Back   nV News Forums > Linux Support Forums > NVIDIA Linux

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 02-25-09, 08:10 PM   #13
RolandH
NVIDIA Corporation

Default Re: DVI to HDMI problem on EVGA 9500GT

Can someone who is experiencing the problem, share with us the make and model of display/TV that shows this problem? Thanks.
RolandH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-09, 08:50 PM   #14
mlord
Linux kernel hacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandH View Post
Can someone who is experiencing the problem, share with us the make and model of display/TV that shows this problem? Thanks.
With my old 6200TC card, no issues.

With the current ASUS EN8400GS-512MB adapter, the card (firmware?) seems to think my Viewsonic N3752W 37" LCD TV has a "dual link" connection. And as a result, colours have a definite magenta tint (only half the colour info gets transmitted over the actual *single-link* DVI-D to HDMI connection).

Bug. The open-source "nv" driver works fine in this regard, but not the closed-source Nvidia driver.

Fortunately, a custom EDID, minus the extension block stuff, tricks everything into working properly again.

Cheers
mlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-09, 12:13 AM   #15
Ankh

My TV is a Samsung LE40F86BD (40" 1080P), but I guess any display with an extended EDID claiming it can to audio over HDMI(or DVI?) would cause the problem.
Ankh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-09, 10:19 AM   #16
ddockrx04

Sony 50" A3000 SXRD here. No problem initially with old 6600GT and older drivers DVI-HDMI + analog RCA.

I wanted the benefits of 8500GT for recordings from my new HD PVR. However, the card would never sync with my TV via DVI-HDMI. My whole system would stall after post with the card connected, would not even make it to the splash screen. I had to unplug it, wait during boot, and "hotplug" - not an option! Opened a big long ticket with nVidia : no resolution. I did not want to settle for component video. My analog audio stopped working after updating past the 169.xx driver. I finally tried the spdif cable to my sound card (a 10+ year old SB Live value) which does not even have an SPDIF out. Luckily, I found a pin out of the 20 pin connector for a daughter card, and there was an SPDIF out buried in it. So this worked IF I hot plugged. Frustrated, I almost went to the dark side with ATI, but thought I would give it one more go.

I then purchased a 9500GT with native HDMI, and it synced to the TV perfectly, not even overscan during post. It did not matter HDMI-HDMI or DVI-HDMI, it looked great! The only problem, I had no sound after installing the Geforce drivers, even with the internal SPDIF connected to my sound card. I disconnected, and tried the old analog method - nothing either. As soon as I uninstall the driver, sound is back. Another ticket opened, and after being escalated to level 2 on 01/01/09, no response. My HD PVR is useless if there is no sound to go along with the incredible picture.

I am running Windows XP Pro SP3. ASUS 9500GT OC 512MB DDR3.

I saw a DLP fix somewhere on here, but looked like it was only for vista...hope someone fixes this soon without some kind of EDID hack. I have just about had it.
ddockrx04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 05:25 AM   #17
ncc2000

I hv a 9500GT card connect to my LG 32lh40fd TV, the PC screen display good but there is no sound on TV.

my mobo is ASUS P5LD2 SE

Can anyone tell me how to solve the problem ???

Thanks a lot.......
ncc2000 is offline   Reply With Quote