Go Back   nV News Forums > Software Forums > Gaming Central

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-16-10, 08:30 AM   #25
nutcrackr
Super Registered User

Default Re: Medal of Honor Multiplayer vid

MP does look eerily similar to MW2. The predator missile copy just confirmed what I had been seeing. If you can't beat em, copy them?
Old 06-16-10, 08:53 AM   #26
Burnt_Ram

i'll be getting this because its somewhat like MW2. i hate kill streaks, this hasnt any. plus dedicated servers = MW2 the way it should have been imo. looking forward to it!
Burnt_Ram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 10:02 AM   #27
GullyFoyle

Quote:
Originally Posted by nekrosoft13 View Post
since i already have BF BC2, if MOH single player is weak, I will skip it, zero intrest in MP.
I'm thinking that single player is what they spent "the last three years" (Riccatello in E3 speech) focusing their attention on. There must be something here they think is worthing raising the price bar for. From what I have read so far, the multiplayer has KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) written all over it. Something DICE threw together quickly in a couple of months using code and assets they already had. There is nothing groundbreaking going on here, AFAIK. Not what you would expect from a company putting their full effort behind a "Teir 1" title.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nutcrackr View Post
MP does look eerily similar to MW2. The predator missile copy just confirmed what I had been seeing. If you can't beat em, copy them?
I fell that BFBC2 borrowed more inspiration from COD:W@W than anything else. It makes sense for them to "bump it up" with this iteration.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i'll be getting this because its somewhat like MW2. i hate kill streaks, this hasnt any. plus dedicated servers = MW2 the way it should have been imo. looking forward to it!
In the article here and interview here, it sure sounds to me like Kill Streak bonuses are at work.

I hate them too, because they give bonuses to the people that have proven they don't need them. Unbalanced to the extreme.
GullyFoyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 10:22 AM   #28
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullyFoyle View Post
I'm thinking that single player is what they spent "the last three years" (Riccatello in E3 speech) focusing their attention on. There must be something here they think is worthing raising the price bar for. From what I have read so far, the multiplayer has KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) written all over it. Something DICE threw together quickly in a couple of months using code and assets they already had. There is nothing groundbreaking going on here, AFAIK. Not what you would expect from a company putting their full effort behind a "Teir 1" title.

I fell that BFBC2 borrowed more inspiration from COD:W@W than anything else. It makes sense for them to "bump it up" with this iteration.

In the article here and interview here, it sure sounds to me like Kill Streak bonuses are at work.

I hate them too, because they give bonuses to the people that have proven they don't need them. Unbalanced to the extreme.
oh for the love of god! PLEASE no kill streaks!!! arrggg

edit: seems your links are broken, atleast for me they don't work ...
Old 06-16-10, 10:45 AM   #29
GullyFoyle

Fixed links - took out extra "http://".

Look/listen for key words "Score Chain".
Old 06-16-10, 11:11 AM   #30
Burnt_Ram

Quote:
Fixed links - took out extra "http://".

Look/listen for key words "Score Chain".
i just hope if they do kill streaks it's not like MW2. no ac30, no nukes etc. very annoying for an old guy like me
Old 06-16-10, 01:50 PM   #31
JasonPC

It looks like they're playing the same game activision and ubisoft have been playing and are charging $60 for the PC version.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 04:02 PM   #32
Logical

Quote:
Originally Posted by JasonPC View Post
It looks like they're playing the same game activision and ubisoft have been playing and are charging $60 for the PC version.
Pre-order is 30 on Steam....which is less than what BFBC2 was.
Logical is offline   Reply With Quote

Old 06-16-10, 08:26 PM   #33
wrathofgod

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_Ram View Post
i just hope if they do kill streaks it's not like MW2. no ac30, no nukes etc. very annoying for an old guy like me
AMEN!
wrathofgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-10, 09:53 PM   #34
GullyFoyle

Another interview with Patrick Liu. Interestingly, in this one he mentions MOH will have a "much greater variety of game modes" than BFBC2 (@ 1:10), which has 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGudUD47IKQ

Maybe there is something to look forward to.
Old 06-16-10, 11:29 PM   #35
Armed_Baboon
Australian Gamer

Quote:
Another interview with Patrick Liu. Interestingly, in this one he mentions MOH will have a "much greater variety of game modes" than BFBC2 (@ 1:10), which has 4.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gGudUD47IKQ

Maybe there is something to look forward to.
innovative game modes are good, except that 99.9% of the people never bother to play them and only play CTF and TDM. Maybe it's better in the USA, but here in Australia, there is an infuriating lack of diversity. For instance, there are a heap of servers here for CS:S that only play the dust map. how the hell can you play that map over and over again for 10 years?!?
Old 06-16-10, 11:31 PM   #36
JasonPC

Based on DICE's support of Bad Company 2 there's no way I'm dropping $60 on this. The beta for this game is called Bad Company 2 anyway.
JasonPC is offline   Reply With Quote