Go Back   nV News Forums > Graphics Card Forums > NVIDIA Legacy Graphics Cards

Newegg Daily Deals

Old 06-17-10, 03:22 AM   #1
bleitzel

Default Weirdest video card problem ever?

Ok, so I'm a novice, but recently I upgraded the hard drive on my ancient Dell desktop (running Windows XP) and after installing drivers, etc. my nvidia Geforce mx4000 is haywire. I've installed driver 93.71 and here's the deal:

When the computer boots, the startup sequence is visible only id my monitor is plugged into the video card. But the welcome screen and the full operating system is then only visible when the monitor is plugged into the computer's original monitor outlet!

And it doesn't matter if I uninstall the nvidia driver, the result is exactly as above. Any ideas? I can't seem to find this problem or its answer anywhere on any website...
bleitzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 04:13 AM   #2
munkus
Cold nose, warm heart

Default Re: Weirdest video card problem ever?

So you're asking why you can only see stuff on the monitor when it's plugged into the computer?

munkus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 05:11 AM   #3
Toss3
.<<o>>.

Quote:
Originally Posted by munkus View Post
So you're asking why you can only see stuff on the monitor when it's plugged into the computer?

Nope - what he means to say is that the startup sequence is displayed on the monitor when connected to the Video Card's VGA out, but once logged in he needs to switch to the integrated gpu's VGA out in order to get a picture.

OP- You need to go into your bios and disable the integrated GPU. That should solve your problem.
Old 06-17-10, 08:30 AM   #4
grey_1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toss3 View Post
Nope - what he means to say is that the startup sequence is displayed on the monitor when connected to the Video Card's VGA out, but once logged in he needs to switch to the integrated gpu's VGA out in order to get a picture.

OP- You need to go into your bios and disable the integrated GPU. That should solve your problem.
This.

Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully the op can access that setting in the bios...
Old 06-17-10, 08:44 AM   #5
DiscipleDOC

Welcome to the forums, Bleitzel! I'm moving your thread to the right forum so you can get more exposure from the experts that can help you with this issue.
DiscipleDOC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-10, 09:08 PM   #6
frenchy2k1

either disable the integrated video or just change the order of the adapters and select AGP or PCIe as first adapter (only needed if you keep the integrated and want multimonitors).